My Xbox mic stopped working

Discus and support My Xbox mic stopped working in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I bought one of those headsets that came with an adapter and recently stopped working. The mic got a bit loose in the beginning but it was working ok.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AnXboxUser, Jun 28, 2021.

1. AnXboxUser
    AnXboxUser Guest

I bought one of those headsets that came with an adapter and recently stopped working. The mic got a bit loose in the beginning but it was working ok. But until recently it turns out my brother would chew the wire while playing. Disgusting. And now it has stopped picking up input. HELP

:)

AnXboxUser, Jun 28, 2021
  2. XBF Aicha T Win User

3. Remember Pluto Win User

Muting a players mic

If you muted someone and there mic never stopping going then you will continue to hear them. There mic has to stop for the mic to start working.
  4. A Blue Illusion Win User

hello my fellow gamers

Wow, I was beginning to think my Xbox was starting to go, but now I'm thinking it's GOW3. My wireless mic use to 'cut out' while playing. Nothing else happened... it would just stop working and the voice would come through the speakers rather than the
    mic. Just over the past few days, it actually freezes the game (playing online MP). I know it's the mic, every time I hear the sound from the mic stop, the game freezes, usually for a couple seconds, then it starts playing normally when the mic starts working
    again. WTH!?
  5. Tony_801 Win User

Xbox Party chat wont pick up mic even though i can hear it

I have updated the controller and it still doesn’t work, it still doesn’t output my mic even though I can hear the mic. However I have noticed when I join a party for half a second my xbox outputs my mic then it just stops. Is that of any help?
  6. Mister Quimby Win User

Mic stopped working

Hey there BuyFromMyCity!

Sorry to hear about the headset issue and any inconveniences this may have caused. If you would like to receive support for a different support issue, please feel free to create a new thread. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting
    steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
Thema:

1. My Xbox mic stopped working - Similar Threads - mic stopped working

2. 3 different headset mics stopped working within a day

in XBoX on Consoles
    3 different headset mics stopped working within a day: i have 3 different headsets and their mics all stopped working within a day after being perfectly fine the day before, ive also tried plugging them into my phone to test the mics and they didn't...
  3. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay. Anyone know why...: ive tried everything i can please help Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). I've...
  4. How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my mic monitoring ignoring setting automatically resetting everytime I plug...: Hi. I just bought the gamesir g7 se wired controller and everytime I plug in the controller mic monitoring is automatically reset to a default level. No matter how many times I turn it back down...
  5. Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic not working in Xbox app (PC) & stops working when Game Bar overlay is not active: My mic isn't working in Party Chat using the Windows Xbox app. It works when the Game Bar overlay is active but stops working when it the overlay is not visible. It does not work at all in the...
  6. Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mic stops working in Xbox Game Bar party as soon as I close the overlay.: Anyone know why this might be happening? Just started about 2-3 weeks go. Any other app works totally fine (in-game chats, Discord, Teams/Zoom, etc). Windows fully updated, all apps updated....
  7. Solution to stop Mic spammers, trollers

in XBoX on Windows
    Solution to stop Mic spammers, trollers: Why not add a feature where the host of the party can chooses who they trust to send party invites so if the trollers or mic spammers get kicked out of the party they can't join the party unless...
  8. Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one)

in XboX Insiders
    Headset mic stops working when modern warfare is open (Xbox one): My mic (I can still hear) stops “working” when modern warfare is open if it’s completely closed it works fine (I’ve literally tried troubleshooting everything, googled, and talked with “support”)...
  9. Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my mic stop working with my controllers?: Hey, i’m super annoyed about the entire xbox support system and i’m looking for a fix. My headset with a mic stopped transmitting my mic through the system on both of my controllers. Yes, my mic...
  10. Mic works, Start streaming, Mic doesn't work, Stop streaming, Mic works????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic works, Start streaming, Mic doesn't work, Stop streaming, Mic works????: Basically got the idea in the subject but yeah not too sure how to attack this problem anymore but to ask for help, my mic connected to my wireless controller that is synced to my xbox works fine...