My Xbox may have factory reset itself - please can i have some help?

Discus and support My Xbox may have factory reset itself - please can i have some help? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Please can i have some help in solving this issue. It seems as if my Xbox One has reset itself as the time (UK) is 2:22pm whenever i enter it and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GreekGyros2149, May 22, 2020.

1. My Xbox may have factory reset itself - please can i have some help?

Please can i have some help in solving this issue.

It seems as if my Xbox One has reset itself as the time (UK) is 2:22pm whenever i enter it and the date is 13th December 2019 each time i enter it. Each time i try to access my account to sort out these changes, it asks me to connect to the internet. Of
    course, i had already connected it; and though my NAT type is always open, it either comes up with either option below when checking the connection status:

- "Service info is unavailable"

- "The following services are experiencing issues [then blank space] For a more complete description go to Xbox.com/status"

Now, i'd like to think it is an update and my internet speeds are terrible, but i'm not sure if that is the case because it takes too long for the Xbox to register my connection status and i'm already connected. This is preventing me from entering my account
    or doing anything on my Xbox.

I have been considering doing an factory reset on my Xbox to resolve the issue; however, I'm worried that me and my family will lose our accounts forever and we will have to set up new accounts - is there any information you can provide me about what happens
    to accounts so i can make this decision?

Please can anyone provide any guidance on what to do in this situation? Or, if there are any similar experiences, please can i know how you dealt with them?

:)

GreekGyros2149, May 22, 2020
  2. GreekGyros2149 Win User

Has been nearly a month, and I've left it deliberately to test if i left my Xbox past the update, if it would work.

Turns out it has not worked.

The case remains as above:

- My searching for updates and 'checking' connection speeds are slow.

- Every device in my house is connected to the internet; and it works.

- I have attempted to cycle my Xbox multiple times.

- Error codes appear every time it tries.

I'll use this as my last ditch attempt by contacting Microsoft directly and asking for advice. This is not a route i expected to go down, but my worse fears may soon be realised: that my Xbox is potentially broken.

Thanks for all the help so far. I'll just have to keep trying and see :)
  3. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, what does the service message say??? If it was me I would unplug the internet and console from the wall. Let the power completely die out then replug them back in. Let everything reboot and try to see if it allows you to connect to the internet.
    Knowing what that service message said would really help her out too!
  4. GreekGyros2149 Win User

Have done a factory reset. And i believe it could be an issue with my internet rather than anything else.

There is an update to be installed; and when i try to install it, my 'checking connection' and searching for updates are really slow.

Here is what it says:

"There was a problem with the update.

You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong

Console ID: (won't specify)

Error codes 0x80072EE2 0x00000000 0x00000201"

Is there any solutions to the codes above that i could try?
    This is still the case as above.

Over the recent hours, i have tried to cycle my Xbox; test my internet connection (which says it is connected and every other device in my house is, so i can't see the issue being the internet), turn it off and on again, attempted to do a factory reset (though
    I've technically done a factory reset and therefore i shouldn't need to do one again).

What else can i do? Do you believe that my Xbox could be broken as I've exhausted nearly every option Microsoft can offer?
  5. GreekGyros2149 Win User

Have done a factory reset. And i believe it could be an issue with my internet rather than anything else.

There is an update to be installed; and when i try to install it, my 'checking connection' and searching for updates are really slow.

Here is what it says:

"There was a problem with the update.

You need this update to use your console, but something went wrong

Console ID: (won't specify)

Error codes 0x80072EE2 0x00000000 0x00000201"

Is there any solutions to the codes above that i could try?
  6. D4vid 360 Win User

First, try a hard reset: push the power button for 10 seconds while it is on. It will suddendly turn off and, if you are lucky, it will be ok once it will be again on.

If this does not help, do a factoey reset. You can chose to mantain your installed games, but i am not sure about your profiles. Anyway you can easily acces to them once you have completed the settings.

The fact is, that doing a factory reset does not set your console back to when it was first used (december 2019 in your case): the clock and calendar will still be correct, and you will only have to set again your internet.

Anyway, it could be a hardware problem, consider it if it is still unsable after the factory reset.
Thema:

1. My Xbox may have factory reset itself - please can i have some help? - Similar Threads - may factory reset

2. Payment not from me (may be fraud)?

in XBoX on Windows
    Payment not from me (may be fraud)?: my credit card showed I was charged HKD540 from MS MICROSOFT*MICROSOFT 36 MSBILL.INFO HK on March 13, when I didn't make any purchase with MS please contact me at *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus...
  3. Xbox (may be) cause to TV’s shorting out?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox (may be) cause to TV’s shorting out?: I have a 5 month old New Gen Xbox One S, on Dec 18th 2023 a around 8 year old TV I’ve been using with xbox’s for years died out while on my xbox. Usually I wouldn’t be confused about this until I...
  4. May minecraft is not real but crafting and build may minecraft can you sign in that plz

in XBoX on Windows
    May minecraft is not real but crafting and build may minecraft can you sign in that plz: May minecraft is crafting and build ca39c2c2-b318-4d18-be07-a866e186b46e
  5. My question is expiration May 1, 2024 why ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    My question is expiration May 1, 2024 why ??: I got suspended for two days because I told someone a bad word I had reasons to because he was bullying me for no reason because I didn’t do anything to him and he was saying bad about my family...
  6. My xbox downloaded red dead redemption by itself and its saying ISP fees may apply what...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox downloaded red dead redemption by itself and its saying ISP fees may apply what...: So my xbox downloaded a random game I never bought and its saying ISP fees may apply what does thsi mean? b8edb43a-8123-4c26-9859-a99b7cab837a
  7. "This account may not have an associated Xbox account" & problems with Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    "This account may not have an associated Xbox account" & problems with Xbox: I recently installed an update for Forza Horizon 5 and was surprised to find that I could not sign in. "You may not proceed without being signed into a profile" even though the game had worked...
  8. Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me?: I changed my username on my main account yesterday. I was going to make a new account with that username so no one try’s to impersonate me because I play hive on Minecraft and the hive community...
  9. May someone help me with a deleted message?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    May someone help me with a deleted message?: Hello, I accidentally deleted all of my messages with my friend and I’m panicking because those messages really mean alot to me and I really want to get them all restored! Thank you!...
  10. Forza Horizon 5 bought on Steam, now deleted from microsoft. "You may not proceed without...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 5 bought on Steam, now deleted from microsoft. "You may not proceed without...: I bought Forza Horizon 5 on my Steam account and connected it to my Microsoft account. I've had the game since launch but now all of a sudden when I try to play it tells me "You may not proceed...