My Xbox live account has me as a child and I can't access the email to change it

Discus and support My Xbox live account has me as a child and I can't access the email to change it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In my xbox live Privacy settings it tells me that I'm so as a child.The emails it gives me To put the password in to Change these settings Is old I no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FaultedSeven, Oct 15, 2017.

1. FaultedSeven
    FaultedSeven Guest

My Xbox live account has me as a child and I can't access the email to change it

In my xbox live Privacy settings it tells me that I'm so as a child.The emails it gives me To put the password in to Change these settings Is old I no longer have access to it.I need help what should I do ?

:)

FaultedSeven, Oct 15, 2017
  2. Xbox child account has stopped my logging into my outlook email

My son has a child x box live account which is linked to my hotmail address. It has now overtaken my settings of my hotmail account and its set that as a child and I can't access my email without parental consent? It is asking for me to pay 50p by credit
    card or send them proof of my driving licence or ID???

How do I change my hotmail account back to being my age so i can access my emails?

AssumedBarley69, Oct 15, 2017
  3. adult settings HELP!!!

i set up my little nephews account and he has one started as a child account. But my email address is linked as her parent account and now his parents want me to change this for him but i do not know how to do so. So is there any way i can change this his
    father has an xbox live account that the email address can be changed to.

JuggaloTubby420, Oct 15, 2017
  4. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

How to transfer game scores from an adult account to a childs account?

Ok. But is it possible to change the owner of an account? Can I change the original account, that I signed up as me (an adult), to belong to my child instead?
    All the accounts are independent of each other. There is no "owner". There is a parent account/child account relationship if you created an account with a birth date under the age of 18. The parent account manages the child account but there's nothing that
    allows the transfer of content from one account to another.

You can't make an adult account a child account either.

You can go in to Settings > Account > Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy > And set your account to Child Defaults to limit what your account has access to. But that's about it. It will still remain an adult account.
  5. m00dymark Win User

New xbox - getting live sign up for children

I had two gmail addresses, one for me and one for one child. Both gmail addresses had not been associated with a windows live id. I signed up for a windows xbox live account using my gmail first then tried to add my child to xbox live. Neither of the gmail
    addresses were already registered with a windows live id initially. This did not work and this is where I hit the locale error.

Live should not be able to tell the age via a gmail account since it should not have access to any of the gmail account, its only association of the email address with a user created password. If live was trying to access the actual email account for age
    details then I would expect some sort of notice to pop up to say you need to give the password to the email account and authorise windows live to be able to access your personal details.

Unless of course live has access to email accounts via another method... and that would be a big no no wouldn't it ;-)
  6. Flinstone956 Win User

Parent: Approval Required (the bane of my Microsoft accounts existence)

If the parents account is deactivated u can call xbox support to get the parent account change with a different parent email or if he stills has access the email he can still the change the password and once u gain access to the account u change the email
    email to a more update one. If u are already the age of 18yrs old then you should promote your account to an adult account then having it as a child account.
  7. DJL-USA Win User

Convert Child Account to Adult Account

So there is no point to XBox's child limitations if you can play the game with the child account. I am trying to allow my kids to broadcast a twitch feed, but I can't get access to change the permissions for their account. Even when I include him in my family,
    and set his settings, in his settings they show the opposite!?!? This Child account control is complete garbage, and XBox has no business telling me how I can allow my child to access or display information! If I had known any of this I would have just set
    up the account as an adult. As it is now, he has to wipe out his gamerscore and achievements and start over!? This is RIDICULOUS and OVERCONTROLLING [Mod Removed]!
  8. XBF Leonzo G Win User

Child Account

Hello goboilers777,

Thank you for keeping us updated. The passkey is only for the Xbox. If the child knows the email address and password, the child will be able to change the family settings from a cell phone or computer. The best way to manage the security of the family settings
    is to set up the passkey on the console as recommended above and
    change the password of the adult account
    . If the child has access to the
    security information of the account
    , the child will be able to reset the password. In the event of attempting to change the password, the Microsoft account will send a verification code to the security information of the account. As long as the child does
    not have access to the security information, access to the password or access to the passkey; the child will not be able to change the family settings.
Thema:

1. My Xbox live account has me as a child and I can't access the email to change it - Similar Threads - live account has

2. My Xbox live account has been wrongfully suspended indefinitely?

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox live account has been wrongfully suspended indefinitely?: [img] My account on Xbox live had 2 strikes for communication and then wrongfully has been indefinitely banned along with a console banned and not once have I used anything else that could...
  3. Our Xbox Live account has been hacked; help/hope?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Our Xbox Live account has been hacked; help/hope?: Through our Microsoft account the hacker: changed gaming user name changed the email associated with the account (which we were able to copy down) changed recovery account info. made...
  4. Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrating my Minecraft account and creating an Xbox Live profile has left me unable to play...: Hello. When migration was going on, I migrated my Mojang Account into a Microsoft Account. A while after, I was required to create a Xbox Live account in order to log into MultiMC, a popular...
  5. My Xbox live account has been hacked, I think the hacker somehow changed the owner of the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox live account has been hacked, I think the hacker somehow changed the owner of the...: Around 3 months ago my xbox live account Str0f4 got hacked. I didnt realize because I was still able to play minecraft. When I tried to go to my microsoft account to check on my xbox account, the...
  6. An unexpected error has occurred with my Xbox live account trying to sign into Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    An unexpected error has occurred with my Xbox live account trying to sign into Fortnite: It keeps saying an unexpected error has occurred with my Xbox live account when I try to play Fortnite 56840a21-dbcd-45ad-8364-6b12b6eee189
  7. My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing xbox live: My son's microsoft account has been hacked while playing on xbox live, they have changed the sign in email and security information, including the recovery email. How do we get it reset back to...
  8. HELP - An Unexpected Error has Occurred While Signing in to Your Account For Xbox Live....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP - An Unexpected Error has Occurred While Signing in to Your Account For Xbox Live....: I'm trying to launch Fortnite through Xbox Cloud gaming but before it gets to the start menu it displays the error "An Unexpected Error has Occurred While Signing in to Your Account For Xbox Live....
  9. My account has lost all profiles and all storage devices and won’t log into Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account has lost all profiles and all storage devices and won’t log into Xbox live: My Xbox was working fine last night I turn it on today and it has lost all its profiles it won’t connect to Xbox live it’s telling me I have no storage devices even the in built storage for the...
  10. I think my account has been hacked or glitched from xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    I think my account has been hacked or glitched from xbox live: I was playing Rainbow Six Siege and got a message. I responded with explicit content, but it wasn't anything too crazy. The worse I thought would happen would be a little com ban. 1 minute later...