My Xbox keeps cutting itself off

Discus and support My Xbox keeps cutting itself off in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been playing games or just checking for updates and my console cuts itself off unexpectedly. Its connected to my tv and that's it. Should there be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by hothead75, Oct 16, 2017.

1. hothead75
    hothead75 Guest

I've been playing games or just checking for updates and my console cuts itself off unexpectedly. Its connected to my tv and that's it. Should there be something more? Is something wrong with my Xbox? I need help.

:)

hothead75, Oct 16, 2017
  2. Someone Y63
    Someone Y63 Guest
    xbox one turns self on and cuts self off randomly

I've had my xbox one for a while. I have been having an issue with my system randomly cutting itself on and randomly cutting itself off. As for it cutting itself off .... sometimes its just after 5 seconds from turning it on to 30 or so minutes or even 2
    - 3 hours.

Someone Y63, Oct 16, 2017
  3. error code 80151006

Hi, my son cant connect to xbox live, error message 80151006, tried the call back support thing, but keeps cutting off. Please help!!!

thanks in advance.

Mr x WiRdNaM Iz, Oct 16, 2017
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself

Hi there Narlyflounder,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad the article provided by XBF Erick has worked.

Please keep in mind, if the issue persists, you may need access to another Xbox 360 power supply, try using that power supply with your console. This will help determine whether the problem is with the power supply or the console itself.

Note: Not all power supplies work with all Xbox 360 consoles. Do not force a power supply plug into your console.

Hope this helps.
  5. Narlyflounder Win User

Thank you for the help. As of right now it’s running and it’s been running for about 10 minutes or so. If it cuts off again I will try trouble shooting it.
  6. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there Narly,

Sorry to hear you are running into these power issues with the Xbox 360. If you have not checked out the

Xbox 360 No Power Solution
    troubleshooting steps I would advise you go through the support article.

If you are able to get a hold of a spare Power Supply Unit I would suggest giving that a try to see if that's the problem. You would just have to replace the Power Supply instead of replacing the Console itself.

I hope this helps!
  7. Lancearrow1 Win User

Xbox 360 cuts on and off by itself.

Cell phones and wireless laptops wouldnt cause the xbox to turn on and off. It could be a power supply issue. Try to find a buddy with an xbox and borrow his power supply and see if it works if KageNoRyu's advice doesnt help.
  8. I KageNoRyu I Win User

Xbox 360 cuts on and off by itself.

Some wireless devices can interfere with your Xbox,like cell phones and wireless laptops.Also at times,take a soft cloth and carefully wipe off the power button.Sometimes grease or oils from your skin or dust can cause the power button to falsely report
    as pressed

The shutting off part depends on if you have the Auto-off setting enabled.When your console is inactive for a certain time,it'll turn itself off.

To fix that follow the link below

support.xbox.com/.../console-turns-off-unexpectedly

I hope this helps in any way.
Thema:

1. My Xbox keeps cutting itself off - Similar Threads - keeps cutting itself

2. My video keeps cutting out

in XBoX on Consoles
    My video keeps cutting out: The video on my Xbox 1s keeps cutting out. I have already changed out the HDMI cord, the TV and the actual Xbox itself. The issues on the new Xbox did not start until I cloud downloaded my game...
  3. My Spotify keep cutting off songs on my Xbox Series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Spotify keep cutting off songs on my Xbox Series x: When I play a Spotify song on my Xbox Series X every other song keeps cutting off. I already try restarting the Xbox, uninstalling and installing Spotify, restarting my wifi and resetting the...
  4. Controller for xbox series x keep cutting off both xbox and third party and wireless and wired

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller for xbox series x keep cutting off both xbox and third party and wireless and wired: Hi. I have had my xbox series x for just under a year and I've alway had this problem. When I. Playing g games my controller keep cutting off and the can says reconnect controller. At first I...
  5. Discord Voice Chat Keeps Cutting

in XboX Insiders
    Discord Voice Chat Keeps Cutting: I have tried 3 different headsets, Astro A40TR, A50, and RIG 700. I have tested these in a regular Xbox Live Party and even Discord on my laptop and desktop, the audio is crisp and never cuts, but...
  6. Xbox Series S keeps cutting off (Preventing overheating)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S keeps cutting off (Preventing overheating): I have continued to receive a message of the console overheating, but my console is in a well ventilated area. My console cuts off after less than 90 seconds of gameplay. I have experienced the...
  7. Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one wireless headset and controller keep cutting in and out.: I had an xbox one S console that I had no issues with for a few years. Then last year my wireless headset and wireless controller began having issues. First it was the headset. It would cut out...
  8. Flight Simulator 2020 keeps cutting out and shutting down

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Flight Simulator 2020 keeps cutting out and shutting down: Hi, My flight simulator 2020 for the past two days is shutting down once i start flying in game. I am using a PC. I cant get through to Tech Support, Any one else experiencing similar issues?...
  9. Official Xbox wireless headset keeps cutting in and out during game Cinematics

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox wireless headset keeps cutting in and out during game Cinematics: I got the official xbox wireless headset. I was really excited at first but there is an issue that I've noticed since the beginning but never got fixed. During the gameplay it is okay but during...
  10. Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps cutting off and on by itself: I’ve owned my xbox 360 slim for 5 years and it was bought used. I have never had a problem with it until recently. One day it randomly tunred on by itself. It turned off by itself so I turned it...