My Xbox is totally screwed up I think

Discus and support My Xbox is totally screwed up I think in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xbox is having a DHCP issue but my router is working perfectly fine and when I reset my console sometimes it says I am connected but my freinds list... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BearManCW, Nov 11, 2021.

1. BearManCW
    BearManCW Guest

My xbox is having a DHCP issue but my router is working perfectly fine and when I reset my console sometimes it says I am connected but my freinds list is stuck at 50 online everyone on the same game and party as of the beginning of this week their profile pictures wont load messages wont load and on the home screen it still asks me to sign in to a network when I am already signed in to one. I cam also record a video of what happens if need be or post pictures

:)

BearManCW, Nov 11, 2021
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi BearManCW! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Please perform a power cycle reset, follow these steps:

Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

Restart your Xbox One console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center. Select Restart console and then select Restart. (If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

******if this doesn't solve the situation

Try to restore keeping games and apps, please be sure that you know your account email and password:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

On the Reset your console screen, you'll see three option use this one, be sure you remember the email and password of you're accounts:

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps
  3. Jason Lazette Win User

Why are 6 years old playing this game

^ I totally screwed that last sentence up. I wouldn't call it censorship, but I'm sure other people think it is
  4. Grampian Win User

Audio settings totally screwed up on XB1S

Similar here. Atmos from blurays was working fine till recent xbox update.

What's weird is that this morning I could select bitstream and Atmos in xbox audio settings (if I unplug my headphones which are connected via optical - really MS? That's dismal) and I could get atmos signal out to my receiver successfully from the Dolby
    Access app samples. But if I try play an atmos bluray the xbox switched audio settings back to 7.1 PCM.

This afternoon the xbox won't even let me select bitstream, just throws the error code and says check your receiver supports bitstream.

Really hope this is fixed soon :(
  5. Grampian Win User

Ok, last update but this might be useful.

After doing another hard reset I didn't risk trying to set audio up as atmos. It let me set hdmi and optical to bitstream and I left it at dts surround.

Tried playing a non-atmos bluray, this played fine showing as dolby-dts hd on my receiver. And interestingly if I go back to xbox audio settings I can still change the settings without an error.

So it does look like using the bluray player app while atmos is configured in xbox audio wrecks xbox audio so bad it needs a hard reset but the bluray app is fine if xbox audio not set to atmos.

Guess I'll have to save the atmos movies I wanted to watch till this is fixed but at least I can watch other blurays without trashing my audio...
  6. Grampian Win User

Update after a bit more testing... In case it's helpful...

I found I couldn't change any settings in audio settings, not headphone, not optical. I couldn't even switch the 7.1 hdmi audio to stereo - apparently I need to check that my receiver supports it :/

So I figured I'd do a hard reset. I kept games and apps (I'm not that much of a masochist) and ran through the reset. Afterwards I was able to change audio settings again. So I ran the Dolby Access app to try setting up atmos. Everything went smoothly and
    the samples played in luscious atmos on my receiver.

I tried to play a bluray. Bad idea. Receiver shows it's getting a True-hd signal rather than atmos. Go to xbox audio settings and I'm back to 7.1 PCM hdmi audio, optical off and I'm back to not being able to change anything again.

Guess I'll hard reset again and make sure I don't watch anymore blurays till this is fixed. Looks like the xbox bluray player app just destroys the xbox audio settings :(
Thema:

1. My Xbox is totally screwed up I think - Similar Threads - totally screwed

2. Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless headset blinking orange but totally unresponsive to any restart or reset: Hi, Was turning on my headset and I could not hear anything but my friends could hear me so I restarted the headset but now it is just slow blinking orange and will not respond to anything but...
  3. how to report totally broken games on the xbox store

in XboX Insiders
    how to report totally broken games on the xbox store: anybody know a way to report totally broken games? (aside from refund requests, most people hoped for patches and exceeded refund-time-limit)...
  4. Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Totally inexperienced XBOX (S) user...: Pretend I know NOTHING about xbox but I want to play Saints Row by myself in my home. I have purchased an xbox. Now what else do I need? Internet connection? Membership? Etc etc...
  5. All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now"

in XBoX on Consoles
    All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having ....right now": All xbox one games missing library totally empty "we're having trouble getting your stuff right now" It was showing my games i owned and had downloaded. However, all games i owned and did not...
  6. My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Mergest Kingdom is totally reset: I logged into MSN today to play the game and my progress is completely wiped. I tried relogging and checking and it's still gone. I clicked on another game that I've played and that was perfectly...
  7. If I redeem points for separate gift cards will the total value just be accumulated in my...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I redeem points for separate gift cards will the total value just be accumulated in my...: Does cash accumulate in your microsoft account when you redeem gift cards at separate times? 6bf60040-16c2-45d8-9c66-237b945045ed
  8. How can I get locally saved data on totally accurate battle simulator back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get locally saved data on totally accurate battle simulator back?: I had recently factory reset my Xbox to play on a newer version but when I downloaded a game called totally accurate battle simulator, the custom content I had did not save. It was saved locally...
  9. My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account got breached today and i have lost total control of it: My microsoft account got breached today at 00:17 and i got three emails, the first saying "Microsoft account security info was added" which in the first, it said my email had been changed to a...
  10. Complete and total audio loss from consle

in XboX Insiders
    Complete and total audio loss from consle: Since yesterday, 08/01/2023, I'm experiencing complete and total loss of audio. No systems audio nor audio during streaming video or playing games. I don't even have audio while using web browser....