My XBox is not working

Discus and support My XBox is not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Something went wrong. Give another try. If it happens again, restarting your Xbox might help. I tried 10 time restarting my xbox and still give the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Happy Jennifer2, Oct 13, 2017.

1. My XBox is not working

Something went wrong.

Give another try. If it happens again, restarting your Xbox might help. I tried 10 time restarting my xbox and still give the same massage.

:)

Happy Jennifer2, Oct 13, 2017
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    My Xbox Is Not Working

If you have Time Warner try this fix for the wifi / reboot issue.

1.Open a web browser.

2.Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example
    http://192.168.0.1/ )

3.The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is the user name “admin” and the password is “password”.

4.From the menu on the left select Gateway.

5.From the submenu on the left select Connection.

6.From the next submenu select WiFi.

7.Under Private WiFi Network select Edit on the Network you wan to use.

8.Select the "Show More Security Options" (allow the pop up)

9.Select WPA TKIP (about the 6th option from the bottom)

10. Press Apply. (confirm the prompt about WPS no one used that and it is kind of insecure)

11. Select Save.

Hordie, Oct 13, 2017
  3. My Xbox Is Not Working

Even if it's out of warranty, give xbox support a call (1 800 4my xbox in the US.. don't even bother with chat) and let them trouble shoot this irregularity for you.

ElectroFlying, Oct 13, 2017
  4. My XBox is not working

Hi Happy Jennifer2,

To help you better is this error message occurring when trying to launch a game or app? If so, lets try to power cycle your console by holding the power button on the console for 8-10sec. till the system shuts down completely. Then, please unplug the console
    from the wall outlet for 3-5min. (NOTE: Please make sure the console is plugged directly into the wall and not into a power-strip or serge protector as this can cause system issues).

If the issue continues, lets remove the game/app and re-install it. You may do this by going to My games & apps>Game/app>Highlight the title and press the menu button to manage game. You'll see the option to uninstall. Then, lets clear all local save data
    from the console to determine if there was a corruption when attempting to save. This can be done by going to Settings>System>Storage. You'll be asked to restart the console when this is complete.

When the console powers on, lets go to your Ready To Install list to re-download the title.

Let us know how it goes!

Alliance United, Oct 13, 2017
  5. Alliance United Win User

My XBox is not working

Hi Happy Jennifer2,

To help you better is this error message occurring when trying to launch a game or app? If so, lets try to power cycle your console by holding the power button on the console for 8-10sec. till the system shuts down completely. Then, please unplug the console
    from the wall outlet for 3-5min. (NOTE: Please make sure the console is plugged directly into the wall and not into a power-strip or serge protector as this can cause system issues).

If the issue continues, lets remove the game/app and re-install it. You may do this by going to My games & apps>Game/app>Highlight the title and press the menu button to manage game. You'll see the option to uninstall. Then, lets clear all local save data
    from the console to determine if there was a corruption when attempting to save. This can be done by going to Settings>System>Storage. You'll be asked to restart the console when this is complete.

When the console powers on, lets go to your Ready To Install list to re-download the title.

Let us know how it goes!
  6. Thorbjørn Jensen Win User

my xbox is not working

So are you saying that the controller itself isnt working or are you having a problem with the console itself?
  7. Ejbejos Win User

my Xbox not working

it looks like it helped thanks, but the external drive stopped working for a change xd
  8. Hordie Win User

My Xbox Is Not Working

If you have Time Warner try this fix for the wifi / reboot issue.

1.Open a web browser.

2.Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example
    http://192.168.0.1/ )

3.The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password. The default is the user name “admin” and the password is “password”.

4.From the menu on the left select Gateway.

5.From the submenu on the left select Connection.

6.From the next submenu select WiFi.

7.Under Private WiFi Network select Edit on the Network you wan to use.

8.Select the "Show More Security Options" (allow the pop up)

9.Select WPA TKIP (about the 6th option from the bottom)

10. Press Apply. (confirm the prompt about WPS no one used that and it is kind of insecure)

11. Select Save.
  9. ElectroFlying Win User

My Xbox Is Not Working

Even if it's out of warranty, give xbox support a call (1 800 4my xbox in the US.. don't even bother with chat) and let them trouble shoot this irregularity for you.
Thema:

My XBox is not working

1. My XBox is not working - Similar Threads - working

2. Why is my mic only working on one account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my mic only working on one account?: I have my controller, it is signed in to my second account. On my second account, it says I have a mic (in party chat there is no error sign) However, when I talk, nothing happens. If I log in to...
  3. XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX COOLING ISNT WORKING and i dont want to spend my warranty if anyone has a fix i can do...: im trying to play madden and ten minutes into playing my xbox logs out and takes me back to the home screen then the button infront of the xbox blinks i have a cooling system on it to prevent over...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  6. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  7. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  8. Why is Xbox Live network not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox Live network not working?: I have been playing the Witcher 2 lately and when I try to connect the emulator to the internet it gives me a connection error even though my Xbox is connected to the internet. Is there a fix for...
  9. DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.

in XBoX on Consoles
    DirectX 11 Suddenly Won't Work on Newer Title Game.: Hello there, I have a problem where DirectX is messing with all of my games and now I can't play them. Everytime I tried to launch a game it give me this error : LowLevelFatal Error [File:...
  10. Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can...: Hi there, my hdmi port is not working on my xbox. I'd there some sort of adaptor that I can get for the TV out part? Possibly plug into the USB on the xbox and plug the hdmi into that?...