My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off

Discus and support My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was playing a game on my Xbox One X and all the sudden my screen went blank and my Xbox wasn't displaying on my monitor. I later tried turning it of... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Harper Maxwell, May 25, 2024.

1. My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off

I was playing a game on my Xbox One X and all the sudden my screen went blank and my Xbox wasn't displaying on my monitor. I later tried turning it of via the Xbox button the console, but it only played a shut down sound and lit up. I've tried changing HDMI cords, power cords but i think it's just the console.

:)

Harper Maxwell, May 25, 2024
  2. Snarky30 Win User

console restarting while left on, when ever i change auxilary channels

Does turning off the Display Discovery actually fix it? I'm just asking for my general knowledge. Usually when this problem happens, it's because of the HDCP handshake and turning off the Display Discovery doesn't turn off the HDCP, it just keeps the xbox
    from detecting the correct display resolution.

Just wondering as I have no way to test it.
  3. Skyfire 315 Win User

display turning off and on

I found the problem. I discovered the surround sound system options were not displaying either. Replaced the HDMI between that and the TV and it works fine again.
  4. Oliver L Win User

display turning off and on

5. Neighsayer Win User

My xbox 360 reboots randomly?

I discovered something with a theory I had and want to share to see if it helps. Go to your settings, display, and then find and turn off the display discovery option, my theory is this automatic display discovery feature tries todetect your tv's display
    dimensions and refresh rate to optimize resolution, but it does it at random, and all xboxes reset when inputs change, and this is what I believe is happening, a hiccup in the random test by display discovery makes the xbox think the inputs changed and forces
    a reset. I never turned off cloud storage or background downloads, my system reset atrandom after turning display discovery on, and ended after turning it off. I'd say give it a try, if it works, then we may have found the problem behind the issue.
  6. Yauca Win User

Xbox 360 e console getting screen tears

I've tried changing display settings and turn off display discovery and restarted the xbox multiple times
Thema:

My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off

1. My Xbox is not displaying and not turning off - Similar Threads - displaying turning off

2. Computer trying to turning on but not displaying

in XBoX on Consoles
    Computer trying to turning on but not displaying: My computer turns on but doesn't display anything, and it keeps on trying to turn on but fails and retrys. Disconnecting and putting back the cmos battery worked for a while but now it doesn't...
  3. My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on but won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then...: My Xbox will turn out won’t display on tv and my controller won’t connect. The Xbox then shuts off. Sometimes my controller won’t turn on Xbox when pressed. a7794a97-d071-4bea-8c1b-451884ede433
  4. Xbox One S turns on and displays are OK, but each screen moves the "cursor" to the far...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S turns on and displays are OK, but each screen moves the "cursor" to the far...: Xbox One S 'from ~2018 hasn't been used in about a year. When made operational, all screens move subject (cursor) to the far right of the display and won't return to normal operation. I've...
  5. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don't own Xbox console and I only play...
  6. How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I turn off display mobile buttons on xbox cloud gaming?: Hey when ever I play Fortnite for new chapter 5 update it always shows mobile touch buttons and I play with controller so why does it keep doing this I also don’t own Xbox console and I only play...
  7. Turn off fps display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off fps display: I got a new TV with a better refresh rate, when I was in settings this thing came up it was purple Overscreen. Now my fps is always displayed ironically its really annoying. It's on Xbox and not...
  8. When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything.: When I power on my series x nothing happens it turns on but doesn’t display anything. I have tried different hdmi cords, different tv, unplug wait and plug In again, low res start up, nothing has...
  9. My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox turns on and doesn’t display image and the pair button doesn’t work: I turn on my Xbox after doing a osu1 update and the display started slowly going as I turned the console off and on 7d987eb4-4e61-47c4-8389-408541436f6f
  10. The display will not turn off after XSX is turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    The display will not turn off after XSX is turned off: After shutdown, the display will continue to display for several minutes before turning off This usually occurs a few hours after playing the game If you turn it off as soon as you turn it on,...