My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...

Discus and support My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One X Samsung Neo Oled Smart TV Yes I have tried doing other hdmi cables and ports Could the problem be with the power supply of the Xbox? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dilan Patel, May 25, 2023.

1. Dilan Patel
    Dilan Patel Guest

My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even...

Xbox One X

Samsung Neo Oled Smart TV

Yes I have tried doing other hdmi cables and ports

Could the problem be with the power supply of the Xbox?

I have tried the connecting my switch to the TV it works flawlessly

Xbox One x is 4 years old, the TV is 5 months old

:)

Dilan Patel, May 25, 2023
  2. Zane Qureshi Win User

My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even though my xbox one x is fully powered on.

I don't know if this will work for you, but try restarting your TV through your TV Settings. I have an Xbox S console, and it just happened to me. I just restarted my TV through the Settings, and it is working for me now. I think the TV just needs a refresh to remember that something is plugged into it.
  3. Rostom L Win User

My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even though my xbox one x is fully powered on.

Hi Dilan!

Sorry to hear about what happened. Let's do our best here to get this sorted out.

First, try to power cycle your console. Press and hold the Xbox power button for 10 sec until it turns off. Unplug it from the power source for few minutes. Plug it back in and turn it on again.

If that didn't work, try to reset your display settings:
    If there's a disc in the console, eject it.
    On the console, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.
    Press and hold the Power button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You'll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don't let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).
    This will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480).
    To change this setting, press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options, and then select the resolution that you want from the options under Display.

For additional troubleshooting steps, be sure to try all the suggested steps here https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/....
  4. JoeB7 Win User

Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects to Samsung frame TV, but does not work to control any functions on screen

I have the same issue:

* the plain Xbox controller (non elite) connects via bluetooth to the TV and is recognised by the Xbox cloud app on my Samsung TV. I can use it to play games using the Samsung Xbox app.

* the brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects via bluetooth to the TV and is NOT recognised by the Xbox cloud app.

I tried several attempts deleting the pairing, re-pairing. Turn off TV on the power switch. Re-installing the Xbox app on the Samsung TV.

The result is always the same:

* The Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connects successfully to the TV and is shown as Paired and Connected in the Samsung TVs feature where you add external devices.
    * But the Xbox app shows the yellow ! exclamation mark and does not recognise the Elite Controller.

I’ve paired my other non Elite standard Xbox controller now vie Bluetooth and USB, which works both.
  5. proneto911 Win User

Connecting phone to Xbox One via HDMI In.

@dark wolf. Far as I know you use it on a Samsung tv with a Samsung device so my point being just it is in theory a proprietary technology unless you they put out a app for other phones to connect to the to the tv like the Samsung devices do.
  6. JaimeGomezN Win User

Xbox One will not with smaller TVs (32inch and 24inch), but works with big samsung (50 inch)

Hi, the samsung TV is model P2770HD.

The xbox sends a signal and powers the tv on and off, but no video signal.

The xbox is working and the ports on the tv are working (i tried direct tv devices and all the porta are working fine.

The HDMI cable also worked with xbox ONEand another, new TV (samsung smart tv).

It is an Xbox One.
Thema:

1. My xbox is not connecting to my samsung tv. The TV keeps saying check device power even... - Similar Threads - connecting samsung keeps

2. What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??

in XBoX on Consoles
    What would cause my Series S to connect to my LG monitor but not my Samsung TV??: My 4K Samsung TV is connecting to my PC, my PS5, and my Switch, but not my Xbox Series S. My Series S connects to my computer monitor, but not the TV. So what's going wrong here? I've tried...
  3. Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won’t connect to Samsung Freestyle projector: I’m having trouble connecting my Xbox 1 to my new freestyle projector. I believe the issue lies with the Xbox signal not being able to keep up with the 4K projectors signal. I’m using a micro hdmi...
  4. Xbox series X not connecting to Samsung TV

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not connecting to Samsung TV: Hello, My Xbox series X which I only got about 6 months ago suddenly will not show display on my Samsung TV. It worked fine from purchase until today. I go to turn it on today and it turns on and...
  5. My Xbox one controller can't connect to my samsung with USB

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox one controller can't connect to my samsung with USB: My Xbox one controller halo5 edition can't connect to my samsung m11 with USB but it can connect to my PC what happen and how can I do. Can you help me please T-T...
  6. XBox One S cannot connect to Samsung TV Neo QLED (QN95B) - no signal!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S cannot connect to Samsung TV Neo QLED (QN95B) - no signal!: Hi all, I had this problem also with my rather old Samsung TV (it was from 2009 or so), but I now have a new one (Samsung QN95B Neo QLED) and also here I'm not able to connect my XBox One S with...
  7. I want to play wrc10 game through gamepass in my Samsung tv, how do I connect my g25...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to play wrc10 game through gamepass in my Samsung tv, how do I connect my g25...: I bought a Samsung tv that has xbox built in, I can use gamepass but I play rally games normally and I want to connect my steering wheel G25 Logitech to the tv. how do I do that? is it possible?...
  8. Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft "unable to connect to world" only on samsung devices: I have been having a problem with connecting to LAN games on minecraft bedrock edition recently. When joining a friend's world under the same wifi connection, an "unable to connect to world"...
  9. Xbox one s won't connect to my Samsung HD tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s won't connect to my Samsung HD tv: Hi I have a problem getting my xbox one to connect to my Samsung TV, works fine on other TVs just won't recognise the hdmi connection from the xbox on my samsung doesn't matter if I connect direct...
  10. Trying to connect my xbox controller to Samsung Galaxy a10

in XBoX on Mobile
    Trying to connect my xbox controller to Samsung Galaxy a10: Hi when I try and connect my controller to my Samsung galaxy a10 as this pops up [img] c9b3995e-5fbf-440e-b2ce-93d32b9476c5