My Xbox is covered in black marks and I’ve only had it for two weeks. Do I need to return it?

Discus and support My Xbox is covered in black marks and I’ve only had it for two weeks. Do I need to return it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Covered in black marks. Can’t get them off. Don’t know what to do. 66fcc781-7db0-4699-b874-f7d5cc50ec31 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Jodi Griffiths-Jackson, Dec 21, 2022.

1. My Xbox is covered in black marks and I’ve only had it for two weeks. Do I need to return it?

Covered in black marks. Can’t get them off. Don’t know what to do.

:)

Jodi Griffiths-Jackson, Dec 21, 2022
  2. Jodi Griffiths-Jacks Win User

My Xbox is covered in black marks and I’ve only had it for two weeks. Do I need to return it?

[​IMG]
    Nothing was on top of it.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Typically this is when the heat of the console interacts with some sort of chemical like a mold release agent that came from the factory. It’s merely cosmetic.

I suggest you return it to the retail store if you find it objectionable
  4. Georges C. Win User

5. Jodi Griffiths-Jacks Win User

Can you suggest how to do this as I can’t find a solution?
  6. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Jodi, what would be the model of your Xbox, is it a normal Xbox or one of the new generation S/X?

You say that it is full of black marks, but they appear for no reason, did you leave something on top of the console, do you feel that the console is heating up more than usual?

If you can give more details?
Thema:

1. My Xbox is covered in black marks and I’ve only had it for two weeks. Do I need to return it? - Similar Threads - covered black marks

2. Does limited warranty cover any case damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does limited warranty cover any case damage?: The bottom panel and back panel broke off my xbox series s and its causing massive overheating and i cant play any games or even watch youtube for that matter. Does limited warranty cover this?...
  3. Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i order a replacement battery cover in the same colour /color that I get with my design...: Hello community! I ordered a controller some time ago, and the controller recently had a tumble and the battery cover broke. Just wondering if there is a way to get a replacement for it, in the...
  4. Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the warranty cover the Xbox series controller's trigger strength difference?: My new Xbox series controller have some problem with its trigger strength. One side of the trigger take a lot more force to push down than the other one. Is the warranty cover for this problem...
  5. HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI port broken on series x. Is this covered?: does the manufacturer warranty cover a broken hdmi port? 88923a51-36aa-4cb7-a57a-ebab77717cd7
  6. Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will the same xbox game pass subscription cover both xbox one and xbox series x: I will have two consoles in my house, an xbox one and an xbox series x. If I buy a gamepass subscription on the series x, will it cover the xbox one? a914e2f1-c717-46ad-849e-0c69a6b9fe05
  7. I damaged my HDMI port on my Xbox X series. I have a warranty. Does it cover that?

in XBoX on Windows
    I damaged my HDMI port on my Xbox X series. I have a warranty. Does it cover that?: My son damaged XBox port. Is that covered under warranty and if not how much to replace? 008bb5d6-822e-4b78-bdf9-45cf203dba73
  8. Bought ufc 5 deluxe edition on series s and the cover shows the standard edition?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought ufc 5 deluxe edition on series s and the cover shows the standard edition?: I need help changing the cover I want the deluxe cover as I do not like the standard 3e5edac0-d451-4d1d-a430-7b9d2467e62b
  9. Half of my backward compatible games have black pixels that cover the screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Half of my backward compatible games have black pixels that cover the screen.: My backward compatible games are not playable. This only affects the gameplay never the title screen. Its like playing through a black pixelated filter [img] c764dc2c-5fe4-45d1-b9db-1a234d6790b1
  10. Ninja Gaiden Black has no cover art / Searching-returned entry can't merge with installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja Gaiden Black has no cover art / Searching-returned entry can't merge with installed: Recently I bought Ninja Gaiden Black on the marketplace but the game doesn't show any cover art on my Xbox 360. [img] The "Game Details" shows no detail (Rate, Pin, Gallery, Compatibility),...