My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...

Discus and support My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’ve restarted my Xbox and router put my hotspot and it works but it’s slow so I need this internet but it keeps asking for the address and won’t let... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Matthew PEREZ3, May 22, 2023.

1. My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...

I’ve restarted my Xbox and router put my hotspot and it works but it’s slow so I need this internet but it keeps asking for the address and won’t let me use the internet

:)

Matthew PEREZ3, May 22, 2023
  2. Ben4724 Win User

My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says if I don’t have MAC address then authenticate it I don’t know what if means and it never asked before

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent Advisor and a fellow member in the community. Hope you are doing well!

Can you tell us what have you tried so far such as restarting console, resetting Wifi router, clearing Xbox Mac Address, etc? Wireless routers can prevent unauthorized network access by using a feature called MAC filtering. Unfortunately, MAC filtering can also prevent your console from connecting.

You may try the steps under step 4 on this link to try and resolve the problem https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/Hardware-Ne...

Also, I suggest to try using a wired connection if ever you are using a wireless connection for your Xbox. I hope the steps on the link helps but feel free to post back here if you still experience issue and we will try with the best of our knowledge to offer assistance.

Kind regards,

Ben
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Alternate MAC address

I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble with your sneaky kid getting around the Circle parental controls.

I don't know about your network setup, but you could try a combination of using MAC black-/whitelisting, which will take a bit of work.

What you need to do is: Create a list of MAC addresses used in your home (e.g. the Xbox One, the PC, the smartphones etc). You can find the MAC of the Xbox in the network settings, and the PC should show it's "physical" address (i.e. the MAC address) when
    running the "ipconfig /all" command on a Windows command prompt.

As for your smartphones and tablets, you need to check the network settings of those devices for the MAC address.

Some routers allow you to only allow devices to connect to the internet, if they are on a known whitelist, all other devices are blocked.

So if you add the MAC address from the Xbox to the whitelist, it will work with the Circle service, and as soon as your son changes the MAC address to bypass Circle, the router blocks the device completely.

But not all routers have that MAC blocking function. So please check your router's manual, if your router has such a blocking setting.

That way you can force your kid to leave the MAC addresses as they are, otherwise they wouldn't be able to connect at all.

Of course, your kids MUST NOT have access to the router settings as well.
  4. cherylniles Win User

Alternate MAC address

Hello Cheryl,

We understand that your issue here consists of the alternate MAC address consistently changing, removing its assignment from the Disney Circle.

We recommend that you create a static IP for the console,
    and port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
    I haven't had good success with the Xbox parental controls. I have the screen time set up such that he should not be able to use the Xbox at all after 10 pm on weeknights. Sometimes that works and he gets signed out but other times it seems that he can
    log on and watch Netflix. Also, they take a bit of time to refresh, so if he has friends over and I want to extend his time that doesn't happen instantaneously. And finally, the thing I like about the Circle is that it attempts to integrate his use across
    multiple platforms so I can just have one overall time limit and I don't have to micromanage his time on several different devices.

Cheryl
  5. cherylniles Win User

Alternate MAC address

Hello Cheryl,

We understand that your issue here consists of the alternate MAC address consistently changing, removing its assignment from the Disney Circle.

We recommend that you create a static IP for the console,
    and port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Thanks! I'll give that a try.

Cheryl
  6. zmaster2XXX Win User

Alternate MAC address

A MAC address is a unique identifier associated with the device. You might be confusing it with IP. Your internet provider may create new IP addresses and you would need to reach out to them to get a static one or by following the instructions here - https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one/.
Thema:

My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says...

1. My Xbox is asking me for a alternate MAC address and I don’t have a alternate if also says... - Similar Threads - asking alternate MAC

2. How to Play Rainbow Six Siege when it asks me to Choose an XBOX game plan when i have one...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to Play Rainbow Six Siege when it asks me to Choose an XBOX game plan when i have one...: When i load up a six seige game before i go in it asks me to choose an XBOX game plan when i have a regular one already activated . I used the regular game pass to buy the game, I play on XBOX...
  3. Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?: So im also asking if every physical game discs is region free for example f1 2018 or something and if im trying to change my xbox one language and region and my country ia not there then what...
  4. Space Engineers multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush - Asking for help.

in XboX Insiders
    Space Engineers multiplayer session on xCloud causes game to crush - Asking for help.: Hello, I am experiencing a problem running the Space Engineers game on xCloud under certain conditions. Currently, the issue arises only when I am joining a multiplayer session hosted by a...
  5. I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to play MWlll cross gen addition and every time it ask my to buy game pass to play: It keeps giving me 2 options to buy game pass when I try to play multiplayer or zombies e6a1160e-aab8-4e68-9afb-5cf653891546
  6. 2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    2nd time asking, Why does watching YouTube from my xbox one blow out my modem?: This is my 2nd time asking about this problem. for some reason, i wasn't notified that I had a response(notification checked) and it was locked. that makes no sense to lock. i should be able to...
  7. Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?

in XboX Insiders
    Have they just given up on asking for our feedback via the Weekly Pulse?: Swear this is the 3rd pizza-related question in a row now. submitted by /u/Rookie385 [link] [comments]
  8. When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it...: When i try to buy the fortnite crew pass on mobile it asks me to put in my details but it wont let me change my country/ reigon 41f36125-770c-4d8a-81b7-2071d0f26123
  9. How to ask about hardware issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to ask about hardware issues: There should be better communication to report problems on consoles a32dad77-d8db-4d35-9b52-4a84ac1754c4
  10. Can someone help me my Xbox reset by itself and now it’s asking for a alternative MAC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone help me my Xbox reset by itself and now it’s asking for a alternative MAC...: I need help fixing my xbox one s 8db1ed87-fc52-432c-b5b3-03eaa6af6f9d