my xbox headset chat mixer is grayed out what can i do

Discus and support my xbox headset chat mixer is grayed out what can i do in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i uptadet my controller software and it still wont let me hear or speak eb996b8f-80f2-4bb7-932f-8ed860771d00 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by muhammadbarakat, May 16, 2023.

1. my xbox headset chat mixer is grayed out what can i do

i uptadet my controller software and it still wont let me hear or speak

:)

muhammadbarakat, May 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

In order for us to isolate the issue further, do you have a different controller that we can try to use?

Also, please perform the steps accordingly:

"1. Unplug your headset

2. Perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

​​​

A. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

B. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

3. Carefully plug in the headset to your controller".
  3. xMiracleWorkAx Win User

headset chat mixer

Can you supply me with more info ?

What do you mean you can't "move" the chat mixer?

Is the slider grayed out?

If it is you can try putting the headset cord in slowly, and I mean very slowly. If you do it right, you should hear static as it's going in, then it will let you adjust it. Hope this helps!
  4. XBF Meryem R Win User

Headset chat mixer grayed out

Hello @Cbagel10, I hope everything is going well for you!

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Xbox Forum support.

I am very sorry to know you are having such conveniences. Please do not worry about the situation because I am here to help you out!

According to the explanation you have provided, please make sure to follow the following steps in order to fix your issue.

Please follow the the instructions on both links first:

Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

The next step will be for you to try and perform a power cycle to your console by pressing down the power button on your console for 10 seconds until you make sure it is off. After that please unplug the power cable and wait for 10-15 seconds, then plug it back and switch your console on.

I wish you a lovely day, and I hope this helps you out! All the best!

Kind Regards

Stay safe, and happy gaming!
  5. Jake Heinaman Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Thank you for the reply but I am still unable to use my headset. Although you said something about making sure Headset Chat Mixer is not off, and I cannot find an option with said description. Could you provide where in the settings this is at?
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Why is my Headset Chat Mixer grayed out?

Hello Jake,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If you see an icon of Microphone being cross out it would mean that the volume of your microphone is muted. Can you check for any settings of your headset to increase the volume? You can refer to the manual of your headset on how to adjust the volume.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please let us know if there are any misunderstandings or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely

Thema:

1. my xbox headset chat mixer is grayed out what can i do - Similar Threads - headset chat mixer

2. Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only my headset chat mixer is grayed out and I don't know what to do: I love Xbox bey my headset chat mixer is grayed out only 3fe17a38-b06b-46c7-9a50-24289146c1fb
  3. Gray chat mixer on wireless headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gray chat mixer on wireless headset: I am having issues with my chat mixer, i have a xbox wireless headset and my chat mixer won’t work. I try to twist the things on the side of the head set and it wont work, my controllers are all...
  4. The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s

in XBoX on Consoles
    The headset chat mixer is grayed out on my xbox series s: Chat headset is grayed out on my xbox and I tried to update my controller but didn't resolve my issue. 38192de7-c3ad-433a-8501-995be67b27de
  5. Headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer: Why can’t i change my headset chat mixer after i’ve updated my controller and i’ve restarted my console e7594d79-9838-4e1d-86b1-cf30eb939ef1
  6. My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume

in XBoX Accessibility
    My headset chat mixer is all greyed out but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume: My headset chat mixer is all grey but I can change mic monitoring and headset volume eff0c504-891d-4e8e-9a44-3da0d42e30a6
  7. My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 1 S headset chat mixer is greyed out to the right, I don't know what to do.: I don't know how to fix headset chat mixer when it's greyed out. I tried the update and used two different controllers but it still won't work. Any solutions? 3c15859a-7f68-4b92-ba4f-514bc1c1dafd
  8. My headset chat mixer won’t work

in XBoX on Windows
    My headset chat mixer won’t work: My headset chat mixer is greyed out and my controller is up to date I do not know how to get it working please help 1249dda0-0862-42f8-8859-3153a9df526b
  9. GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER

in XBoX on Windows
    GREYED HEADSET CHAT MIXER: I dont want to sound like i haven't researched this, but it just wont budge. I've restarted my console and played with my settings as well as plugged my mic in slowly, yet neither seems to work. I...
  10. Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset chat mixer grayed out - need help.: my chat mixer is grayed out and I do not know what to do now, I have tried to unplug and replug my headphones and that did not work, I have updated my controller but that did not work, and have...