My xbox games keep freezing and then closing. What do I do?

Discus and support My xbox games keep freezing and then closing. What do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For 6-7 months now my Xbox has been freezing and closing my games. Sometimes the my games work but most of the time I can’t even play them due to this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Elit3XD FR, May 22, 2023.

1. Elit3XD FR
    Elit3XD FR Guest

For 6-7 months now my Xbox has been freezing and closing my games. Sometimes the my games work but most of the time I can’t even play them due to this issue. I have to reset my Xbox and download my games such as 2k23 to even play them before they start freezing again.

:)

Elit3XD FR, May 22, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

Please try the following steps one at a time to resolve the issue:

Solution 1: Do a power cycle to clear the cache of the console

1. Turn off the Xbox console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.

2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

3. Plug the console power cable back in.

4, Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox console.

Solution 2: If there is an external hard drive connected to your console now, please turn off your console then disconnect the external hard drive, turn on without it and see if the console works fine when playing a game.

Solution 3: Check for any pending system updates.

Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select System > Settings.

Select System > Updates & downloads.

Under "Updates", you'll see: Console update available. Select this button to begin your update

Solution 4: Do a factory reset

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.

3. Select Reset console.

4. Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. N0sc0pe92 Win User

autosave freezing problem

I have done the same thing but the game keeps freezing. I have bought 4 copies and installed them all and it still keeps freezing. Idk what to do anymore. I just hope Xbox makes this game backward compatible on the Xbox one so I can see if it's my 360
  4. Albert1992 Win User

mlb 2k12 is freezeing

Do what Tumy said if that still keeps freezing what you should do is download it to you xbox. I get the same problem with Skyrim and I saved it to my xbox no more problems.
  5. Momochix1 Win User

XboxOne Freeze

I have the same problem!! I bought my xbox one about a week ago and yesterday, when I started playing Assassin's creed unity, after a couple of hours, my game just crashed. It went gray screen and nothing was working. So I closed my xbox with my controller
    and the xbox wont turn off. So, I pulled out the plug of my xbox for it to close. But when I try to open it again, it's jammed on the green screen or when it finally get to home screen and I restart playing AC, the game freeze and it's the same pattern again!!!!
    So, my xbox is always freezing and I cannot play at anything!!! :( What do I do?
  6. Schumz Win User

"Profile no longer available" message

I had the same issue,i think it's because the xbox keeps freezing when saving ... quite a shame.

I was close to level 200 and don't feel like re-doing everything - I give up !
Thema:

1. My xbox games keep freezing and then closing. What do I do? - Similar Threads - games keep freezing

2. On my new computer, game keeps freezing my character.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    On my new computer, game keeps freezing my character.: My screen shows everything still moving, except my player cannot move but can only look around. This only happens on multiplayer games, I tried lots of troubleshooting but nothing worked. It seems...
  3. I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I...: I got Xbox series S I bought the console last year. My mw2 game keeps on freezing when I play and then it kicks me out to the Xbox home screen. I only play online. I got fast internet connection....
  4. i go to download a game it downloads a little bit and then freezes and won’t keep...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i go to download a game it downloads a little bit and then freezes and won’t keep...: I go to download a game and it just won’t install and then like an hour later it went up a couple gb and paused just won’t download why is this ? 3e62d9d9-13b6-4f48-b828-7dad5e59a5fd
  5. While in madden 24 online franchise, game keeps freezing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    While in madden 24 online franchise, game keeps freezing: While in madden 24 online franchise mode, after the most recent update the game freezes when I get on offense and I have to restart madden. Nothing I've done has helped; re-installed, cleared...
  6. I got starfied game from game pass and it keeps freezing up and I can't do anything on the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got starfied game from game pass and it keeps freezing up and I can't do anything on the game: I download Starfield from game pass and now it won't let me finish my mission it keeps freezing up everytime i try to play i don't understand it was just working fine and now the one mission I'm...
  7. Why does my Apex legends game keep freezing and kicking me out of game on my xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Apex legends game keep freezing and kicking me out of game on my xbox?: My Apex game keeps freezing and kicking me out and this happens only on apex not on other games 5e2846b7-1130-4b78-9ac6-51187a4f5ff7
  8. My programs like games keep freezing and crashing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My programs like games keep freezing and crashing: When i try playing games like terraria or tf2 it keeps freezing or crashing to stop this i tried the following: reseted my windows without keeping my files, clean reboot and updating all my...
  9. My Xbox games keep crashing and my menu freezes all the time how can I fix it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox games keep crashing and my menu freezes all the time how can I fix it?: Every time I try to open a game, it won’t launch. My Xbox home keeps freezing. 9e53332c-0224-4f08-b69b-f8ac8f3bfbfe
  10. Xbox one x keeps crashing. Won't play any games they just freeze up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x keeps crashing. Won't play any games they just freeze up.: I've don't the hard reset. Soft reset. Deleted and reinstalled the games. Factory reset my xbox. I have done everything xboxs bs useless support told me to do to no avail. I'm getting sick of...