My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login Microsoft...

Discus and support My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login Microsoft... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login to my Microsoft account is disabled (and already recovered). Later, I signed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Aaanndd, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Aaanndd
    Aaanndd Guest

My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login Microsoft...

My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login to my Microsoft account is disabled (and already recovered). Later, I signed in back to my Microsoft account (after my Google account is recovered), the Xbox Gamertag is completely different than before.

Also, my name/username in Microsoft Family group has completely different email listed for it after my Google account is disabled. I am confused here how and what happened?

What to do and how to get back the previous Xbox Gamertag profile? Thanks in advance for your help

:)

Aaanndd, Jan 21, 2023
  2. Rafoca2016 Win User

Can't use YouTube: error 0x80070006

Hi. My Youtube account is linked to a Gmail Account, but not to Google+. I dont recall making any changes to my account. You need a gmail account to use Youtube these days.

But I can assure it is not Gamertag related, cause I have two Xbox One in my home and in one of them I cant use Youtube regardless of the gamertag logged. I mean, if I login in XBOX ONE (1) I can use Youtube with my gamertag, but if I use my gamertag on
    Xbox One (2) I can´t use Youtrube at all.
  3. DapperCrown675 Win User

Mix a local account and an Xbox Live account

I have a local account on my Windows 10 computer. The application/game Microsoft Solitaire logs into XBOX without changing my computer account. Microsoft Minesweeper and Microsoft Sudoku not only change which password I need to use to login to my computer
    but change the name of my local account to my Microsoft account.
  4. Ben4724 Win User

My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login Microsoft account is disabled (and already recovered). How to get back my previous Xbox gamertag?

Hi! My name is Ben an Independent advisor and I hope you are doing well.

With regards to your concern, did it happen that your account got hacked when you recovered it? Or is it just due to a forgotten password?

If it is just a forgotten password, possible that you are signed in on a different email address and your gamertag is associated not on the Google account but a different one.

Have you somehow tried to check your other email addresses via https://account.xbox.com/profile page? If you are signed in to the right account, it will then show your gamertag and other record of your account.

Looking forward to hearing back from you so we can further assist.

Kind regards,

Ben
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

Delete a gamertag associated with an email address

This switching of login emails will only work if they are not Outlook, Live, or Hotmail.

See here how to switch email logins:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/microsoft-account/change-email-sign-in-for-microsoft-account

You will first need to change the email of the first account that has the email you want to a 3rd email and then about 48 hours later (may take up to 48 hours to sync across all systems) you can switch that email to the account you want it on.

For moving Gamertags, you will have to purchase a change on the account that has it and then that gamertag is freed up for use on another account to either take it for free while creating a new account or after you purchase another change on the other account.
  6. SpiredBarrel531 Win User

gamertag was changed creating new profile.

Ok, here is the story with real names. Last Tuesday my son was using his xbox360 at school with a gamertag of buddyboycoco associated with his Microsoft account. Friday he came home and on another xbox360 he created a profile which gave him a default gamertag
    of . When it asked for a login he entered the same Microsoft account login as buddyboycoco. That changed his gamertag for his account from buddyboycoco to . How do we get buddyboycoco back for this account? If we try and change
    it back to buddyboycoco it says "buddyboycoco is taken. Please try another."

Thanks for your help.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Gamertag is changed after my Google account which is used to login Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Gamertag changed Google

2. I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account)...: I have an old, old Live account. Like 2002 old. I had to change the gamertag (same account) for reasons I cannot remember, but I would like to change back to the original name. But, when I try,...
  3. In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?

in XboX Insiders
    In the future will it be possible to change the gamertag without paying?: I know that this function has been around since the days of the Xbox 360, when we changed the gamertag for the first time, it is free, but for the other one it costs money. It would be great if we...
  4. how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...

in XBoX on Windows
    how could one /ABUSE changing their gamertag? I am DESPERATLY wanting to hear a VALID...: is changing it abusive?? Is deciding that a change is wanted abusive? with all the sick pukes that stalk and live for and relish in watching, exploiting, stalking, harassing, what have you, an...
  5. I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I changed my gamertag and it still shows up as my old one: so i recently changed my gamertag and it still showsbup as my old one. does anyone know how to change ot to my new one without my old one being on top? 0f8c79a9-24c8-4591-bf68-3fe6509d9289
  6. I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    I have never changed my xbox gamertag before yet it is still making me pay. What do I do?: It says I have to pay the fee but I have never changed my gamertag before. I made the account years ago and now I find it embarrassing. Please help! 19d4f6f5-9a48-4edd-b0a7-07059b450ea2
  7. How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How much does changing your gamertag in Australia cost?: I want to change my gamertag but I don't know how much it costs for your second change in Australia. SOMEONE TELL ME 0b225e32-443d-4a51-ad8c-abaa00e386db
  8. How many gamertag changes can I make?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How many gamertag changes can I make?: I would like to change my Xbox gamertag but I am not sure if I can change it again. 7c16deb0-5799-4429-b762-5dd1d127dccb
  9. Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Trying to change the microsoft account associated with my Gamertag: Hello I want my old gamertag that is on my old xbox 360 transfered to my new email account. I logged into my old xbox and when I try to use the option "Change Microsoft Account" it tells me...
  10. Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox profile will not download after changing gamertag!: So i had changed my gamertag on my series x console, and since then i am unable to download my 360 profile to play 360 games, for example L4D. i had called support twice & emailed, they are NO...