My Xbox game wont update.

Discus and support My Xbox game wont update. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i turn the xbox on it says, update game (Forza 7) and i started the update then it stopped and then started but it wouldnt go anywhere. so i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Saul Clark, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Saul Clark
    Saul Clark Guest

When i turn the xbox on it says, update game (Forza 7) and i started the update then it stopped and then started but it wouldnt go anywhere. so i cleaned the disc and still nothing happened.

How can i fix this?

:)

Saul Clark, Nov 12, 2022
  2. DeathsKamikaze Win User

Xbox wont update my games

You could try clearing your cache, which would remove all updates, needing them to be redownloaded. Could fix the problem, but they again, could make it worse! support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  3. brilliant joey Win User

Try deleting all related data for said game then try again.
  4. DAVIDB67-62DE8553-CB Win User

have you checked your HD for corrupt files,also try clearing cache as well
  5. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Saul

May I know if you tried power cycling your console?
    1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
    2. Unplug the console's power cable from the console and from the power outlet. Wait 5 minutes.
    Important: Be sure to wait at least 5 minutes. This step resets the power supply.
    3. Plug the console power cable back in.
    4. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn it on.

Also disconnect your router from power for about 3 minutes. Then connect it again an when everything is working, try again

If yes, please try it again. But this time disconnect all your USB accessories before that and leave them disconnected
    Once the console is turned on, try updating the game in that way

If maybe the issue persist, tell me:
    What Xbox console do you have?
    Are you using an insider build / beta OS on it?
    If you try downloading a different game the same happens or is this happening only with Forza?
  6. adoorable door Win User

what game/s? how often? is your HDD full? can you try a different storage method (like a USB)? I need more info in order to help you
Thema:

1. My Xbox game wont update. - Similar Threads - game wont update

2. My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x wont update any games itll update for a couple of minutes then just stop...: Xbox Series X wont update any games 0c506631-e9c2-4648-ae3a-4e83dd180656
  3. game wont install only tries to update and then fails

in XBoX on Windows
    game wont install only tries to update and then fails: hey my problem is kind of hard to explain but ive run into trouble on my xbox one where i deleted wasteland 3 while it was updating and for months it has shown up in my queue trying to update and...
  4. Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Brand new xbox x wont install or update new physical game: I purchased the new xbox x series yesterday and a physical box game starfield I did the console update put in the new game starfield and it says installed but need to update so I update now and...
  5. Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar wont receive invites after new game bar update.: As said in the title after the recent game bar update I cant get invites to games or parties on the game bar. It works whenever I restart my PC or reset the app but then after a good few hrs, it...
  6. my xbox series x wont let me do anything when trying to update games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox series x wont let me do anything when trying to update games.: when i have games i can update, i hit the update and they go into the que. after that nothing can launch. it just hangs there and after a bit i get a popup that says "for some reason xx has taken...
  7. Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why wont my new gamertag update for xbox game pass?: I just changed my gamertag and when i open fable 2 it shows my old name and when i sign in it just simply says i cant connect to xbox live and doesnt load any of my data but i can play back 4...
  8. Gaming Services only 8kb and wont update from xbox app or microsoft store. Can anyone help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming Services only 8kb and wont update from xbox app or microsoft store. Can anyone help: I am unable to play games on my laptop. From the xbox app I am getting this message after trying to open a game I have installed or game I want to reinstall. Error 0x80080005 [img] [img]...
  9. Why wont my games update on Ethernet connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my games update on Ethernet connection: I hook my Xbox one s up to Ethernet and it runs properly the games run and the apps load but anytime I attempt to update any game or app it sits around 1% the whole time and just says queued and...
  10. Xbox One S wont update or install new games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S wont update or install new games: I tried to update a game about 2 days ago and it say at one percent for an hour before saying installation stopped. i’ve tried constantly since then and now it does the even stop the installation...