My xbox game bar crashes after scrolling through the widget store

Discus and support My xbox game bar crashes after scrolling through the widget store in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I scroll through xbox game bar's widget store and crashes f98b1530-4dd7-4f27-a508-1f7ad33b2864 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Eian Turley, Nov 19, 2022.

1. Eian Turley
    Eian Turley Guest

I scroll through xbox game bar's widget store and crashes

:)

Eian Turley, Nov 19, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Eian, have you checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 22H2.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates are often seen as optional.

Also, make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.

After this, if not works, try to follow the procedures below.

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command, then you're going to open the gamepass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again :

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

https://www.elevenforum.com/t/windows-gamebar-x...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. User Deleted1 Win User

Cannot Sign Into Gamebar Or any other services that require xbox sign in using a app named xbox but its a grey backround Popup Error (0x89235107)

As of the restart the Xbox App seems to be loading forever on the "Launching the Xbox App" screen and the Sign in white screen continues on the Game Bar even after resetting the MS store and resigning in to it.

Meaning that as of right now the only temporary fix is to reset Both the Xbox App and Game Bar everytime it first opens after it crashes (as it often does) or when I restart the computer. Which is quite a hassle because it resets the layout of the widgets and all the sound settings I change within it
  4. iCaaPz Win User

Xbox game bar

No Game Bar, clique em "Menu de Widgets" na barra superior, logo após isso clique em "Xbox Social" e voltará ao normal.

Espero ter ajudado.

-[Translation - In the Game Bar, click on "Widget Menu" on the top bar, right after that click on "Xbox Social" and you will be back to normal.

Hope this helps.]
  5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Any option to enable Xbox Game Bar to only stay on desktop.

Hello Revenant8711, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

Xbox Game Bar in Windows 10/11 lets you have various Xbox gaming activities at your fingertips

To keep Xbox Game Bar on your desktop while browsing the web or another app, you can follow these steps:

Press Windows logo key + G to open the Game Bar above your game, app, or desktop

Select the Menu Widget icon to open a list of activities to choose from

Scroll to Settings and press the A button

From the Control Bar menu, select "Show open widgets on the desktop when the Control Bar is open"

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. Georges C. Win User

Xbox overlay transparency

Hello again, good to know back to normal.

But this is an option of the Game Bar, if it is the bar settings has the widget transparency option but works only if you fix the widget.
Thema:

1. My xbox game bar crashes after scrolling through the widget store - Similar Threads - game bar crashes

2. My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My Xbox game bar won't send or delete messages, how do I fix it?: It just won't send messages no error code just says unable to delete/send message. 51ceacdd-7553-4a68-92d0-e7b17f6af6e8
  3. Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does the Xbox game bar not let me talk to my friends in a party.: I'm not able to talk to my friends in a party chat while I'm on computer It pops up a message that states this "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Other may not be able to hear...
  4. Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later"

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox game bar keeps giving an error and saying to "try to send this message again later": I try to send a message and it won't send it. At first I could resolve it but just resetting the app in apps in features. Now it seems like every other message I have to do it. It also says when I...
  5. PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing

in XboX Insiders
    PC Xbox Game Bar Broken - Keeps Crashing: Does anyone else having problems with the xbox game bar crashing since the last update (after the infinite update available bug). I can't join any parties as it would just crash with "something...
  6. Xbox game bar keeps crashing since latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar keeps crashing since latest update: Everytime i try to open xbox game bar on pc it inmediatly closes itself for no reason have tried to reset the app but that didn't fix the issue for me anybody know a solution to fix it submitted...
  7. Xbox game bar crashes after joining party!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox game bar crashes after joining party!!!: Hey there, I'm trying to use game bar on my pc, however when I join a party it either does one of the 4 things: Crash without any code. Get in but can't hear or speak. Get in, can hear but...
  8. How to fix Xbox game bar crashing when joining party?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How to fix Xbox game bar crashing when joining party?: Whenever I join a party via Xbox Game bar, I get the spinning blue circle of death before it crashes. This happens each time. I have repaired, reset and tried running commands via the command...
  9. xBox Gaming bar crashes when i join a party

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xBox Gaming bar crashes when i join a party: Split from this thread. I have the same issue as well but i am on windows 11. It's very annoying. sometimes I can connect to parties but it's very far and in-between attempts....
  10. Windows 10 Xbox game bar causing games to crash

in XboX Insiders
    Windows 10 Xbox game bar causing games to crash: Most of my friends are on Xbox, but i play on pc so i talk to them via a party chat on Xbox game bar, for the past 2 years this has been fine but for the past month or so every time I'm in a party...