My Xbox Friend’s List Frozen and will not update

Discus and support My Xbox Friend’s List Frozen and will not update in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; For the past 2 weeks my Xbox One (2013 version and no I’m not upgrading) hasn’t been updating my friend’s list and has been frozen. It shows friends... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by SOClAL MEDlA, Jan 3, 2023.

1. SOClAL MEDlA
    SOClAL MEDlA Guest

For the past 2 weeks my Xbox One (2013 version and no I’m not upgrading) hasn’t been updating my friend’s list and has been frozen. It shows friends online playing games however when I click on their name they are offline or either playing a different game. I have to manually click each friend’s name to see if they are online. I also can not revive invites anymore. The only way I can see if I received one is through the Xbox app itself. Please help

:)

SOClAL MEDlA, Jan 3, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

To fix this, please perform a power cycle on your console by following the steps below:

POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​​

If that didn't work resetting the console keeping games and apps will be the next option. Don't worry because as long as you're connected to Xbox Live your saved progress, games, will not be deleted. It will remove all of your accounts but you can add all of them later on.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. The Ultor Corp Win User

Xbox One NXOE update 18th Nov 2015 has seriously broken the console in many ways.

Same issue, since the latest update my friends list is frozen, and I cant access my synced saved games. (preview update)
  4. TheMoneyMaker05 Win User

Friends List is Frozen

I been having a problem too trying to add a friend back, but it gives me an error message that they can't be add at this time, try again in awhile. I can relate. This update screwed a lot of people.
  5. RMN OliOmi Win User

Party Chat Issue

Are the servers down right now? My friends list is frozen and i can't join parties.
  6. Ginger7113 Win User

How do I fix friends list that is gone?

The problem is only on my Xbox. I recently added a friend and today realized that the friends list was frozen again and that I could only see if they were on or not is by clicking onto their profile. Also I am signed into the correct account.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Friend’s List Frozen and will not update - Similar Threads - Friend’s List Frozen

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. New friends list ,joinable games on the side

in XboX Insiders
    New friends list ,joinable games on the side: I don't know who came up with that Joinable games on the side when I go to the friends list but I like it ,it was getting in the way before but now it's out of the way but still very easy to...
  4. Why is friends list not accurate?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is friends list not accurate?: After gamer tag name change, friends list not showing some online but others on. But when you look at the profile itself they are online and a game. Also in a party past gamer tag and new tag...
  5. My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My friends list is not working on either my Xbox Series X nor my PC Game Bar: Hello, My friends list on Xbox series X was frozen. I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps and now my friends list is simply empty. It states that I have 0 friends, but also does not...
  6. my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    my friend list won’t show on my xbox,: it says i have zero friends. i have tried restarting and soft resetting and hard resetting. nothing seems to work. i logged into my account on another xbox and the friends list show its just mine...
  7. Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friend List completely Disappeared - I need Help: I did a Factory reset and now my Friend List has Disappeared and can not get it back. It was working fine until today. and have no ideal why. On the Xbox app it is showing everyone online but not...
  8. New Friends List and Happening Now

in XboX Insiders
    New Friends List and Happening Now: It might be just me but when I go to my friends list on my Xbox, I don't really care about what all of my friends are doing right now. I look at a couple of my friends and I'm done. I personally...
  9. Friends list not loading on Xbox

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends list not loading on Xbox: I am unable to access my friends list on my Xbox. I am able to access it on the app. But on my Xbox it says 0 friends online and I can’t access the list I have already done a power cycle and hard...
  10. Xbox friend list is frozen and can't connect to any games online services

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox friend list is frozen and can't connect to any games online services: whenever I go onto my friend list it says only two people are online and they have been doing the same thing since I turned on my Xbox which was around 3-4 hours ago, but when I check my Xbox 360...