My xbox elite series 2 is not connecting to my PC via USB

Discus and support My xbox elite series 2 is not connecting to my PC via USB in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just did the new firmware update and my xbox elite series 2 is not connecting via USB to my PC. is there a way to revert the firmware?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BulkyMink744030, Nov 26, 2022.

1. My xbox elite series 2 is not connecting to my PC via USB

I just did the new firmware update and my xbox elite series 2 is not connecting via USB to my PC. is there a way to revert the firmware?

:)

BulkyMink744030, Nov 26, 2022
  2. KnutBjerke Win User

Elite series 2 not working on PC after update.

Did you find a solution to this problem? I updated my Elite series 2 yesterday, and now I have the exact same problem. Elite series 2 is recognized as a regular xbox controller and does connect via bluetooth, but doesnt work. Connected via USB-c the XBOX accessories app doesnt even recognize it...

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didnt help.
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this BULKYMINK744030

Do you have another PC close?
    If yes, try connecting the controller there and reverse the firmware using the method 2 from this article

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

Or this other option:

Connect the controller via USB then open Xbox Accessories App
    Once there press Windows key + R and paste the next command in the box:

xboxaccessories:\\firmwareupdate?legacyDowngrade=true

Hit Enter and now Xbox Accessories App will prompt a message and the firmware downgrade process is going to start

But before that give this a try:

A. Reinstall your controller driver:
    Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager > search something like Xbox controller category (or similar) > expand the category using the little arrow (">") > select delete/uninstall driver

Click OK, restart your PC and reconnect the controller.

B. Reinstall-update the Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator driver.

You can do it following previous steps, but now select Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator.

Can take a while, would be great to wait up to 15 minutes before trying again
  4. Panda-in-yale Win User

Elite Controller 2 Bluetooth issues

My elite 2 when connected to PC via bluetooth loses connection and I am also experiencing sudden frame rate drops which I do not see when playing it with wired or keyboard or mouse. I did not had any issues with Elite 1 which connected via a usb
    dongle. I updated the controller and the bluetooth feature is broken. Anyone got it to work on PC via bluetooth without any issues?
    exactly the same issue here, have no problem with using my xbox one s controller on PC, but lots of disconnections and frame rate drops with elite 2
  5. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox Elite 2 Controller issue.

Hello xPandaSanx,

Have you connected your Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to anything else? If so, remove it from there, unpair it from your PC.

If you haven't already, download the Xbox Accessories App for the PC, connect your Elite Series 2 controller via USB-C and update the controller. (Make sure your PC is up to date too). After it's updated, then try pairing it via Bluetooth again.

Let me know if that helps,

-Hayabusa
  6. XBF - Hayabusa Win User

Xbox One Controller successfully connected to PC via bluetooth does not work with Windows apps.

Of course. On my Elite Series 2 I'm on FW 5.11.3118.0

It does not show on my PC / I cannot see it in the Xbox accessories because the console FW is too far ahead for the PC to understand at this time, however I am still able to use my controller to play my games on the PC when it is connected via USB-C. It does not register as a "Controller" on Bluetooth in this firmware.

I've reverted my controller to 4.8.1908.0 and it registers on the PC via Bluetooth. I have not had any issues with gameplay.

So no need to update now. If everything works, leave it be.
Thema:

1. My xbox elite series 2 is not connecting to my PC via USB - Similar Threads - elite series connecting

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  3. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...
  4. Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Connect wired in with USB-C to PC with Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Brand New Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Unable to Connect to PC The Issue When wired in using the USB-C cable that came with the brand-new controller, the Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 is not...
  5. Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please can anybody advise me on connecting my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to my PC with USB?: I am unable to connect my Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller to my PC via USB. I can connect it with Bluetooth, but I can't configure it in the Xbox Accessories app in Windows 11 23H2 this way or even...
  6. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  7. Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controller series 2 blinking and wont connect: my xbox elite controller series 2 disconnected, is blinking and will not reconnext to my xbox series x, ive tried rebooting and all the usual troubleshooting.. the controller and xbox are about a...
  8. Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core won't connect via bluetooth on PC: I just bought an Xbox Elite Wireless Gaming Controller Series 2 Core for my PC use. The Bluetooth works fine at the beginning. But the Xbox bar shows up whenever I push the A button. So I...
  9. Xbox Series One Elite Controller not connecting to Xbox S console or PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series One Elite Controller not connecting to Xbox S console or PC: Hello there, My Xbox Elite controller(series one) can no longer pair with my Xbox S console. So far I've attempted the following 1. Reset my console (Power cycle, system reset etc...) 2....
  10. Xbox elite series 2 controller disconnects only when playing connected with the USB C charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller disconnects only when playing connected with the USB C charger: I need this resolved! I can play only with my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller wirelessly. sometimes i want to play and my controller is low on battery, but it disconnects when I'm trying to play...