my xbox elite controller series 2 will not stay powered on unless it is plugged in

Discus and support my xbox elite controller series 2 will not stay powered on unless it is plugged in in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; as soon as i unplug the controller it immediately powers off and will not turn on unless i plug it back in. same with the charging dock, it will turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Isabel Garland, Mar 23, 2023.

1. my xbox elite controller series 2 will not stay powered on unless it is plugged in

as soon as i unplug the controller it immediately powers off and will not turn on unless i plug it back in. same with the charging dock, it will turn on if it is connected to the charging dock but once i take it off, it will not turn on.

otherwise, it works fine while it’s plugged in.

:)

Isabel Garland, Mar 23, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

my xbox elite controller series 2 will not stay powered on unless it is plugged in

3. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  4. Ethan Depuydt Win User

My Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller will not turn on unless plugged in.

Thank you for the quick reply, I tried the steps you suggested and it said no update was needed, I tried to see if the problem had been fixed, it had not, when I first booted it up, it required an update, in that update I accidentally knocked it off its charger base. I didn’t think that was important until now.
  5. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly check if there is an update for the controller and then check if it will now turn on:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."
  6. Ethan Depuydt Win User

This again did not work, did you want me to preform the power cycle with the Xbox controller plugged in or not? I tried both, and they both didn’t work
Thema:

1. my xbox elite controller series 2 will not stay powered on unless it is plugged in - Similar Threads - elite controller series

2. Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I buy an Elite series 2 controller with Microsoft rewards?: Hello, I was recently saving some Microsoft rewards points and I was wondering if with Microsoft gift cards redeemed with Microsoft rewards points, I could actually buy a new Elite Series 2...
  3. Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi, i recently got a xbox elite 2 series core controller and now the left joystick is...: I think a part in the left joystick might be damaged 53186acc-eb61-41c4-9da1-5f6732e77bf3
  4. Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one series 2 elite controller stick drift after 3 weeks.: I purchased an Xbox one elite controller series 2 on March 22nd and it came with stick drift right out the box. The B button didn’t work either. I brought it back and they gave me a new one. Still...
  5. Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite series 2 controller wont power on.: Hi, my xbox elite series 2 controller will not power on unless I 'Jump Start' the controller. Basically, plug it in, power on and unplug it. If it is off for longer than 1 min, I will not be able...
  6. Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 controller stick drift / Stick sticking: I've been through 3 of these elite controllers now over the last 2 weeks. First one I bought was the "elite 2 core" And that came with stick drift on both right and left I then got a replacement...
  7. Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 controller not updating on PC: Hi I wanted to update the firmware on my new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. I installed the Xbox Accessories app, and it prompted me for the update, and I started it But then nothing happens....
  8. When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When my Xbox Elite Series 2 controller is in hair trigger mode, my right trigger is...: When my controller (Xbox Elite Series 2) is in hair-trigger mode and I push down and continue to push down it makes this weird squeaking noise. This does not happen with my left trigger. I have...
  9. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Audio Distortion/Disconnecting issues: I’m having a bit of an issue I can’t figure out. I have an Xbox seires X, Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, Xbox Wired Headset and I consistently get audio distortion/glitching/popping through my...
  10. I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought my elite series 2 controller from amazon. Its still under 12 months how would I...: I've had this pad since last December and now I'm start to get a major stick drift on the right analog stick. However I didn't purchase it directly from Microsoft/Xbox. What can I do. Can I get a...