My Xbox disconnects from the wifi randomly

Discus and support My Xbox disconnects from the wifi randomly in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have wifi that came free with my apartment. I bought an Xbox series x. Sometimes it will not connect to wifi. Sometimes it’s because the wifi is down... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Taylor92_v2, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Taylor92_v2
    Taylor92_v2 Guest

I have wifi that came free with my apartment. I bought an Xbox series x. Sometimes it will not connect to wifi. Sometimes it’s because the wifi is down but the console will connect with my hotspot. Other times wifi will be working and the console will not connect, or it will connect and disconnect. I learned through searching how to clear MAC addresses. I’m not sure what this means but I do it when my Xbox won’t connect and sometimes it helps. (Is it bad for the Xbox to do this a lot?)

Today even that isn’t helping. The Xbox keeps turning off randomly, disconnecting my controller, and if I get it to connect it will only stay connected for a few minutes before disconnecting. When it acts like this is doesn’t recognize any wifi including hotspots.

Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you

:)

Taylor92_v2, Dec 24, 2022
  2. Taylor92_v2 Win User

Sorry but that doesn’t help. Like I said, when the wifi is down my Xbox still accepts a hotspot. When the internet is running on my phone and computer, the Xbox doesn’t recognize any wifi including hotspots or neighbors
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Merry Christmas.

Hello Taylor92_v2, I don't know what kind of wi-fi network you have in your apartment, and also the frequency in which it is active, usually it has to be both frequencies, 2.4Ghz and 5.0 Ghz.

Another thing that can influence is the power of the Wi-fi device that is in your apartment, if it is far or close to your Xbox it can also influence a lot.

This is all because Wi-Fi is very subject to external interference.
  4. Georges C. Win User

Hello again, this is really weird because the Xbox wi-fi network card is prepared for both Wi-Fi frequencies, 2.4 and 50ghz.

If you can connect your console by network cable and then do a reset while keeping games and Apps, do it.

Xbox One reset keeping Games:

Press the Xbox button to open the panel.

Select system > Settings > System > Console Information

Select Reset console.

Restore and maintain my games and apps.

Rest assured, you won't miss games or saves

Note: You need to know the email and passwords of your accounts when performing this reset.

Another thing that can help is to check your modem/router, if you need updates or have both frequencies enabled correctly.
  5. Abdullah Al-Khatem Win User

Xbox controller keeps discounting

I just tried to turn of the cellular and the wifi on my phone. Still keeps disconnecting and reconnecting randomly :(
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Xbox randomly disconnecting from wifi

Hi Mcster06!

Thanks for reaching out to us! There could be a number of factors contributing to your console becoming disconnected from your wifi network: distance, interference, etc. I would recommend using our

Random Disconnection from Xbox Live solution
    to troubleshoot when you get the chance and also try a wired Ethernet connection to see if it possibly an issue with your ISP or network hardware.

Hope this helps out and please let us know the results!
Thema:

1. My Xbox disconnects from the wifi randomly - Similar Threads - disconnects wifi randomly

2. X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box series s disconnects from wifi every time i turn it off and on, what can i do to fix it?: My xbox keeps on disconnecting every time i log in to play, and when i try to reconnect it to WiFi, it takes up to 30 tries to be successful, is really stressful having to type the password 30...
  3. Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox disconnect from 5g WiFi when I’m downloading games?: When I am downloading a game, my Xbox will hold a 105+ mbps download speed. But starting a couple of months ago, my Xbox randomly disconnects from the WiFi only when I’m downloading games. Does...
  4. Xbox randomly disconnects from wifi for roughly 10 seconds at a time?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox randomly disconnects from wifi for roughly 10 seconds at a time?: Xbox randomly disconnects from WIFI for roughly 10 seconds at a time. I am hard wired to the router I have spoken to my internet providers and there is no issue on their end. My Xbox will run...
  5. Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x keeps disconnecting from wifi: Why can’t I simply call a number to get help from something that isn’t a chatbot? My brand new series x will not let me play anything online for more than a minute before booting me off. It is not...
  6. How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I fix my Xbox always disconnecting from the wifi and getting it to connect: Whenever I try to connect to my Wifi for the first time in a day It is always disconnected from my Xbox and when I try to connect again, it just says "Can't connect. Check your network name and...
  7. xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox series s randomly disconnects from wifi/ xbox: Recently bought the new xbox series s , and randomly when playing games it will disconnect from the wifi /xbox life to then reconnect a few seconds later. If anyone has similar issues or knows a...
  8. First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    First generation Xbox Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from 5g WiFi. The WiFi doesn't...: I pre-ordered the Series X at launch and it disconnects randomly when I'm using it. I'm not 100% sure what it is. I keep it in low power mode and I would be using it for various games....
  9. Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x randomly disconnects from wifi and then tells me to check my network name and...: I just got the Xbox series x a few days ago and 3 different times it has disconnected from wifi and when I reconnect it and put in the password, it says to check my network name and password over...
  10. Why does my xbox randomly disconnect from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox randomly disconnect from my wifi?: So I had a power outage this morning and it lasted about 2 hours, and after that i played Fortnite for 3 more hours and got off everything was perfectly fine. But when I get back on hours later,...