My Xbox demanded update while watching Netflix. Only offered to update or sty offline.

Discus and support My Xbox demanded update while watching Netflix. Only offered to update or sty offline. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Not sure if this is preview related, a bug, both or neither. But since I would hope this would never happen on a released product, I wanted to ensure... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/eltoddo, Feb 7, 2022.

1. /u/eltoddo
    /u/eltoddo Guest

My Xbox demanded update while watching Netflix. Only offered to update or sty offline.

Not sure if this is preview related, a bug, both or neither. But since I would hope this would never happen on a released product, I wanted to ensure it gets seen here (insider subreddit) first. If this is off topic here sorry, I'll repost as directed if necessary.

So my kids and I were just watching a movie using Netflix on our Xbox Series X when something I never would have expected would be acceptable happened: the movie was abruptly stopped and a grey screen appeared telling me I had to install a ~750MB update to stay online. I didn't even bother trying to "continue and stay offline," assuming Netflix wouldn't work. I told it to update and tried to explain to my kids why we had to wait to see the end of the movie. Luckily my kids are young enough to make cheering for the progress bar to complete a game. After about 5 minutes (luckily the download was quick on a 1Gbps link) we were back in action and and all was ok.

I'm a product developer, so I have a high pain tolerance for preview builds, but this should never be acceptable on a released product. If you're going to do automatic updates, you need to do work around your users, not update them. Could you imagine being in the middle of a Halo multiplayer match and this happened?! How angry would this make your average gamer? Why is it ok when Netflix was playing a movie? Was it because it was 4:30 in the afternoon? Was it because there was no active controller connected? Was it because I'm running a preview build and thus warned that there can be interruptions? Was it just an innocent bug?

I wasn't too put off by it and rolled with the punch, but I definitely wanted to see if I could expect this sort of thing going forward, or if it would never happen again. Fingers crossed for the ladder. Anyway, happy to provide more details if requested.

submitted by /u/eltoddo
    [link] [comments]

/u/eltoddo, Feb 7, 2022
  2. malorm Win User

My account was stolen, looks like its EA's fault

Yes, true as far as the Netflix situation goes. However I could watch Netflix on my computer on a small screen or watch it through my 360 on my 60" tv while relaxing in my recliner. Put it like this...if my only avenue of watching Netflix was sitting at
    my computer, I wouldn't have a subscription. :eek:)

I think this all started with MS caving in to EA's demands for running their own servers. There's a whole other slew of problems in that area, but the hacking is easily the most serious.
  3. VICKT0Rc Win User

Xbox Game Pass Offline will not work

I understand you, it would be nice if you could play offline while the subscription is active, like netflix, download your episode and watch it wherever you want, hopefully someday they will update it.

I hope I helped you, have a nice day.
  4. Nosoul4u Win User

My xbox is turning on but nothing happening

So I started seeing this issue on my Xbox One X in just the past week and while I was able to get it back up and working after messing around with it I found that I was somehow able to replicate the issue if I watched any 4K content on the Netflix app
    specifically. At the time I was running the May 2019 Xbox One System Update and so I tried doing an Offline Update to the June 2019 System Update and that seemed to help a little bit but I am still noticing some hiccups here and there.
  5. X SoulKiller X Win User

Xbox 360 Preview Update Failed

I'm also getting these issues. I've tried: clearing cache, re-downloading the system update multiple ways, and unplugging my modem/router and AC adapter. Seems to be in correlation with the Xbox 360 Preview Program. It occurred last night while I was watching
    Netflix, got disconnected randomly while prompt to install the newer system update version. After the installation was complete I was unable to connect to Xbox live "Update Failed, A system update is required to sign in to Xbox Live, but the update is currently
    unavailable".
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Quick Question

Install a game from disc, download updates, all while watching a video feed from one of the many Apps on the Xbox One console. I've installed games while watching videos off Netflix and YouTube. The Xbox One can run multiple apps at once, no problems at
    all.
Thema:

1. My Xbox demanded update while watching Netflix. Only offered to update or sty offline. - Similar Threads - demanded update while

2. Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can happen xbox one x to be able as series x? What demand be add software or hardware? Just...: Questions to xbox team and fans! My understanding I bought used xbox one x, I was thought if I found how to be overclock or other softwares xbox one x to be able near as series x? What demand be...
  3. Solitaire Suite Paid Ads keep demanding payment but I have already paid

in XBoX on Windows
    Solitaire Suite Paid Ads keep demanding payment but I have already paid: On 6 May 2023 I paid A$22.45 to renew my subscription to Solitaire Premium in order to turn off the ads. This went along OK until 20 October when all of a sudden ads starting appearing again. I...
  4. I demand a refund!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I demand a refund!!: I'd like to know why I have been charged £39.99 by Gamesbox.Pro?? I have NEVER signed up for this!! I've tried emailing them, but oddly the email address 'doesn't exist'! If I am not refunded this...
  5. I am demanding a refund of Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am demanding a refund of Minecraft.: Requiring me to hook my computer up to my Microsoft account to play Minecraft was a slap in the face, and then forcing me to port my Mojang account was pissing on my face and telling me it was...
  6. Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are there two versions of gta 5 on my console and why does my xbox demand i download...: Ive been on n off Gta V for years like most idk when exactly the identical copy appeared in my files/library Ive never had major issues with this bug besides when going to re install gta its hard...
  7. I demand a real-tme status of the AI Air Trafic Control System

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I demand a real-tme status of the AI Air Trafic Control System: Using Microsoft Flight Simulator without AI ATC properly responding to requests for IFR flight is like trying to fly an aircraft with a keyboard. We need AI ATC to work properly and if it is not...
  8. Deban demand

in XBoX on Windows
    Deban demand: Hey, so I’ve been on Xbox for more than 3 years and suddenly for no reason, I opened my Xbox and got banned. The only reason I might have got banned is a message I sent to my friend for joke...
  9. FLTSIM2000 X-BOX Sign-in Demand After SIM Startup, then Freeze , no Escape

in XBoX Games and Apps
    FLTSIM2000 X-BOX Sign-in Demand After SIM Startup, then Freeze , no Escape: See Subject Line- HELP Please to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** WIN11 system cafc8cc7-ad1b-41d8-92c9-fad83af5ae86
  10. ESPN App Not Playing Anything On Demand

in XBoX on Windows
    ESPN App Not Playing Anything On Demand: This app is borderline a waste. I'm attempting to play an on demand ufc fight and it constantly brings up the "unexpected error, error occurred trying to connect to our services". I have deleted...