My Xbox Controller's left stick isn't registering when I push it to the right. What do I do?

Discus and support My Xbox Controller's left stick isn't registering when I push it to the right. What do I do? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a standard Xbox One Controller that I just unboxed after like six months but when I popped in the batteries and gave it a whirl, the left stick... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Kevon Battle, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Kevon Battle
    Kevon Battle Guest

My Xbox Controller's left stick isn't registering when I push it to the right. What do I do?

I have a standard Xbox One Controller that I just unboxed after like six months but when I popped in the batteries and gave it a whirl, the left stick wouldn't work when I pushed it right.

:)

Kevon Battle, Jan 16, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Kindly try updating the controller by following the steps below, Kevon:

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, select Profile & system > Settings > Devices & streaming > Accessories, and then select the controller you want to update.

2. On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

3. If it says “Update,” select Firmware version, and then follow the steps provided."
  3. Kathy A. Win User

My Xbox controller's left stick when pushed forward and to the right, it registers for my right stick aswell

Hello JaxstonChatterton,

Thanks for getting back to us.

May we know more details about your concern? We understand that you have isolated this issue as controller specific one. May we confirm if you have tried to perform the troubleshooting suggested on this support article: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support.

If yes, may we ask what controller are you using?

Also, have you tried configuring it using this steps? Link: Configure an Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Where did you connect your Xbox Controller? Is it connected wireless or wired?

Did you notice any error message or code? Please post a screenshot of the issue and conceal any personal information.

Support articles you may like to check:

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

4. Kathy A. Win User

My Xbox controller's left stick when pushed forward and to the right, it registers for my right stick aswell

Hello JaxstonChatterton,

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Community.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down.

Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path? Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. STLCardsFan1 Win User

Controller problems ...

It is 100% not the controllers. I experienced this during the beta and actually bought a brand new controller. It still happens all the time, but only with the right stick and when I push left.
  6. Mogwai Warrior Win User

FPS gamers, what is the average life span of your analog sticks?

I had to replace my XBOX One controller after about a year because the left stick push to click (FPS running) just didn't feel right.
Thema:

1. My Xbox Controller's left stick isn't registering when I push it to the right. What do I do? - Similar Threads - Controller's left stick

2. Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the left analog stick always break in these controllers?: These controllers only seem to last about a month before having to turn up the dead zone to stop them moving. Can’t even control the menus any more. The 360 controllers never did this. Sort it...
  3. Up on the left stick not working on any controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on the left stick not working on any controller: What’s up guys. I have the Xbox series S and I have a steel series Bluetooth headset (just adding this extra information in case it’d helpful). Anyways recently pushing the left stick up on my...
  4. The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels...: The left stick on my xbox one x controller doesnt go down and i cant press it down it feels stuck. 0f063b2b-3b20-472d-94d0-77b804dd47f5
  5. How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix the left stick, updating the controller doesn’t work: I was playing Fortnite today and noticed that I couldn’t move backwards and I would just keep going straight. I went to the Xbox controller test in the Xbox accessories app and when I try to move...
  6. New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button

in XBoX on Consoles
    New elite series 2 controller disconnects when pressing left stick button: My controller disconnects when I press the lefts stick button, I've done a full shutdown of my Xbox, but it still happens. I've tried the button test in settings and when I press left stick button...
  7. Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Repair services for my xbox elite controller 2, Left thumbstick has stick drift and is...: Have gone to this page https://account.microsoft.com/devices/device?, registered my device, xbox elite controller series 2, and then pressed the Start order [img] I have put in that the left...
  8. Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Elite Series 2 controller's left stick movement from disabling right mouse click: Does anyone have a solution to stop the Elite Series 2 left stick controller's movement from disabling the right mouse click? I'm trying use the controller in my left hand and the mouse in my...
  9. Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Controller left stick not completely loose: My Xbox series x controllers left stick is not responding immediately when moving left and right but moving up and down works fine, I Noticed that the left stick is a bit more loose than the right...
  10. bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs)

in XBoX on Consoles
    bc Can I repair my Xbox elite 2 controller. (Left stick drift, and bumpers dont read inputs): I would like to send it in from Canada and just have them replace or permanently repair both components. How can I do so? dc1ddab5-b268-4241-abfa-9d4590db96e0