My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing...

Discus and support My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; It is not responsive and I just want to it begin working 28065cd3-6c51-4b32-bbe1-87efea95c3f5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by 26 Brady W. Gallagher, Feb 8, 2023.

1. My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing...

It is not responsive and I just want to it begin working

:)

26 Brady W. Gallagher, Feb 8, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing happened what should I do to fix it

Hi! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

When did this issue start to occur? Does it behave like that in all of your games and apps or even in your dashboard & settings? You could try to connect your controller via USB cable to your console if it does the same thing.

I suggest to also try all the steps here on this link https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If the issue remains the same, I am afraid it's a physical issue and needs replacement. You could check your replacement options through https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...
  3. TheCripKeeper90 Win User

Xbox adaptive controller issues

I just tried that and it didnt work. As soon as I turned on the adaptive controller (nothing plugged into it) and pressed A or B it started spinning my character again. I just went to another game and when I turned on the adaptive controller there none
    of my buttons would respond on either controller. Turned off the adaptive one and the regular controller worked fine. It seems like something is shorting out in the adaptive controller. When I first started having problems it would stop if I tapped the A or
    B button. Like it just needed to be jostled or something. That doesn’t work anymore.
  4. Jaedon F Win User

Why did my elite controller stop working on my Xbox and won’t turn off or do anything even when I unplug my Xbox

My console is the Xbox series X. My controller stopped working last night while I was playing a game and it said reconnect controller but it was still on. I’ve tried holding the pairing button but nothing happened. I’ve tried taking it out of range of my Xbox to see if it would shut off. I’ve tried restarting and unplugging my Xbox. But my elite controller still has the light on and won’t do anything. Even the button to change paddle presets isn’t turning those lights on.
  5. DarthLama Win User

Odd MP error..?

it's a day of odd glitches. I was in a match today, and all the combat releated buttons on my controller stopped working. I could move, I could run with the A button, I could pull up the XBox Guide, or the menu with the Start Button. But none of the other
    buttons worked, I could not use any offense of any kind at all. Tried hiding and turning my controller off/on, grabbed a different controller.. nothing. I had to leave the match which I hate doing. Next match started, worked fine from there.
  6. ThOriginalAlpha Win User

Xbox One controller not turning on and connecting to PC

Thanks for the response. The controller itself isn't turning on, but I still tried your advice of putting it through a power cycle. When I pressed and held the Xbox button, the button flashed very quickly for 2 seconds and then stopped. I then tried to turn it on, and nothing happened.

My Bluetooth adapter is working fine. I think the issue is with the controller itself, and it's not even turning on.

Unfortunately, the controller is out of warranty, so I will need to pay to fix it. I might as well just buy another controller at that point, as it will probably cost the same.
Thema:

My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing...

1. My Xbox Controller’s A button just stopped working I tried resetting it and nothing... - Similar Threads - Controller’s button stopped

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller

in XBoX on Windows
    My RT button bugged it like being press on even tho i don’t my finger on the controller: This bugged may be due to me playing on cloud gaming 0edc4b19-cfec-4a50-a583-477e43a4b897
  5. Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series controller pressing random buttons on its own: Just got a brand new controller and a month later every button from triggers to joysticks have randomly bugging out in every game I play. I’m playing an fps called destiny 2 and when I aim I...
  6. Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Some of my Xbox Series X|S controller buttons stopped working correctly all of a sudden?: I don't have xbox console, only the controller. I use it to play games on my laptop (windows 10). I left the controller untouched quite some time (2 or 3 months without playing). when i came back...
  7. Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X/S controller buttons and bumpers suddenly stopped responding: Recently the buttons on my Xbox series X/S controller have stopped working. This includes the D pad, sync, screenshot, two square, three lines, LB, RB, X, Y, A, and B buttons. Both joysticks and...
  8. All xbox series s controller buttons stopped working

in XBoX on Consoles
    All xbox series s controller buttons stopped working: I was playing a game when the controller suddenly stopped working, the only buttons that are now registered are the one that dont have to be pressed fully, the joysticks and triggers, the rest of...
  9. All the buttons of my xbox series S/X controller stopped working. What happened?

in XBoX on Consoles
    All the buttons of my xbox series S/X controller stopped working. What happened?: Two days ago, my controller was working fine, until next day suddenly all the buttons stopped working: X, A, B, Y, the whole D-pad and both R1 and L1, but the joysticks are working, the xbox...
  10. I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was playing rust on Xbox and then boom my controller stops working the q only buttons...: How do I fix the controller and how can I play it again a529b7f5-cbd7-47a9-932c-b4c6b07b8967