My Xbox controller won’t work properly when playing GamePass on PC

Discus and support My Xbox controller won’t work properly when playing GamePass on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Whenever I try to play a game on Xbox GamePass with my Xbox controller it keeps popping up the keyboard menu when I press down the left thumb stick,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vilewhale, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Vilewhale
    Vilewhale Guest

Whenever I try to play a game on Xbox GamePass with my Xbox controller it keeps popping up the keyboard menu when I press down the left thumb stick, along with trying to use the joysticks as the mouse. This leads to any game I play with the controller on GamePass unplayable.

:)

Vilewhale, Mar 5, 2023
  2. Rostom L Win User

Hi Vilewhale!

How do you connect your controller to your PC, via USB cable, wireless adapter, or bluetooth?

Make sure to check for your Windows updates. You can find available Windows updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. You may need to select the View optional updates option to find the update.
    Once you've installed the latest update, you also need to check for additional controller firmware updates using the Xbox Accessories app.
  3. Huzz-101 Win User

Xbox.com/play issue- not able to use my wireless controller.

Yes, all up to date. And weirdly enough.. i've installed the PC Gamepass App on my Windows Laptop... AND the controller does not work on their either. Strange! This controller works fine if i use the XBox Gamepass app via android devices.
  4. BenWall Cooke Win User

Xbox elite 2 not working

I definitely think it’s the new firmware aswell because when I plug it into my pc and I tried to fix it with the accessories app it said it didn’t recognise the controller with the new firmware. I tried plugging it into my Xbox the other day and it said it needed a controller update but then my controller wouldn’t work so I couldn’t update it. My controller now works occasionally if I plug it in to my pc after I open a game but if I unplug the controller or turn off the of my controller won’t work for another 24hours
  5. TRethehedgehog Win User

Gamepass sharing multiplayer limitations for Family accounts?

If you’re both trying to play on the same account, it won’t work

You’ll need one account with gold or gamepass and another account with gold or gamepass
  6. JDRColegio Win User

Controller gets stuck

What type of problem are you having with your controller?

MY CONTROLLER WON’T CONNECT TO MY CONSOLE OR PC -> it doesn't apply. the controller does connect to my pc

I CAN’T UPDATE MY CONTROLLER -> it doesn't apply. Xbox Accessories says it is up to date

MY CONTROLLER DOESN’T FUNCTION CORRECTLY -> somehow it doesn't. let's take this option

MY CONTROLLER WON’T POWER ON -> it doesn't apply. the controller does power on

SOME OR ALL OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AT ALL -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work correctly

SOME OF THE BUTTONS ON MY CONTROLLER DON’T WORK AS EXPECTED -> it doesn't apply. All buttons do work as expected.

so:
    Xbox One Wireless Controller Solution
    doesn't have an option for the "stops working" symptom
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller won’t work properly when playing GamePass on PC - Similar Threads - controller won’t properly

2. Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Up on Left Thumbstick of Controller Won’t Work: Hello, I purchased an official Xbox controller about 5 months back brand new. Nothing spilled or damage to the controller looks basically brand new as of now. The up on the left thumb stick...
  3. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  4. My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series S won’t show display, cannot connect controllers and powers off by itself.: In the morning as I’m putting this description I turned on my Xbox series S, it turns on but won’t post anything and won’t connect my controller. The power keeps flickering with my controller...
  5. i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i plugged up my controller n it won’t turn back on and it smell burnt what’s going on with...: This is a controller i had for around 6 months it’s a black xbox series x|s controller c3417b95-80cc-4374-b9ae-71a32eaf9e31
  6. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  7. When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like...: So when I turn on my Xbox series x the Xbox makes the startup sound but doesn’t actually boot up and when I attempt to connect my controller the light just flashes so I’ve tried manually syncing...
  8. Controller won’t stay on or connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won’t stay on or connect: Xbox series controller was working fine all day then suddenly kept taking screenshots, then I went to the accessory lab and tried to update the controller and the controller shut itself off during...
  9. How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get my Xbox one controller to connect when it won’t: So I have the original Xbox one and a newer Xbox controller and it worked fine for awhile but now it won’t connect and the pair button on my Xbox won’t work and I don’t know why but I’ve tried...
  10. My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller won’t properly connect to my pc anymore: A couple days ago my Xbox controller stopped connecting to my pc it connects perfectly fine to my Xbox but when I try to connect it to my pc it vibrates for a couple seconds and then nothing...