my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...

Discus and support my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; well I have an xbox one s controller that worked fine, the controller is out of garanty, but I have never throw it to the ground so IDK why this is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ravary212, Jul 10, 2019.

1. ravary212
    ravary212 Guest

my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick...

well I have an xbox one s controller that worked fine, the controller is out of garanty, but I have never throw it to the ground so IDK why this is happening, if I press with a little streng the left part controller turns off, I can play but without touching
    the left joystick buttom, so I cant run in games anymore, I verify that the cntroller was updated and that the batteries where correct but I didnt find a solution, please help me asap.

:)

ravary212, Jul 10, 2019
  2. ravary212 Win User

my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick buttom)

Yes it is the controller, I have done a hard reset, but I also try my controller on my pc and the problem still occurred
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick buttom)

Hello ravary212!

Do you have a secondary controller that you can try?

That will let us know if the problem is with the Xbox console or the controller.

If the secondary controller works fine, it might be a hardware problem with the controller and might need to be replaced.

Let us know.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. ravary212 Win User

It happens when it is wired or when it is not wired, when I try a test it stills turning off
  5. Buachaill Dona Win User

Does this happen if you hard wire the controller to the Xbox via a USB cable too? You could try downloading a controller tester app from the MS Store. I'm not sure if they can pick up issues like you describe, I know one I used picked up drift in one of
    my thumbsticks in an old 360 controller of mine. Might be worth a shot.
  6. SatanicoDrCadillac Win User

Thema:

1. my xbox controller turns off when I click the left part of the controller (left joystick... - Similar Threads - controller turns off

2. My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller won't work left thumbstick up then turns off on its own ?: Hey guys my controller stopped working outta nowhere the left thumbstick up won't work and the just turns off any suggestions or have you experienced this double issue...
  3. Disney app crashes when controller turns off

in XBoX on Windows
    Disney app crashes when controller turns off: The Disney app on my Xbox Series S crashes when the controller turns off if I am listening to audio through headphones wired to said controller. Example: I am watching Disney plus, listening...
  4. My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Series 2 controller keeps turning off and on... How do I fix it?: All the solutions ive found online dont work... When i plug it into my console it stays on but the console doesnt detect it... 22e307cf-6d65-4fa8-a6d5-974c2e4109a1
  5. The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly

in XBoX on Consoles
    The problem of the Xbox controller turning off quickly: When I press the power button on my controller, it immediately turns off and I can't connect it to Windows, if I'm sure it has enough charge. It has been purchased for less than 4 months Due to...
  6. The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.

in XBoX Accessibility
    The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can’t change it.: The option to turn off parental control is greyed and I can‘t change it. a5a69b26-18a5-439e-8796-96764490afc1
  7. Controller turn off when pressing RS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller turn off when pressing RS: whenever i press the right analog stick on my xbox elite series 2 controller it shuts off and wont turn back on until i plug it in anyway i can fix this? f9e00215-011a-4b76-ad15-2a37acf6bed5
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I stop my Xbox controller from randomly turning off when a headset is plugged into...: My Xbox controller turns off intermittently while playing COD and any other game. This only happens when a headset is plugged into the 3.5mm jack and most of the time in party chat. This was...
  10. My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My XboxOneS controller not turning off console…: Hi there! My XboxOneS controller works perfectly until I hold the X button to turn off the console. Once I get to the What do you want to do? screen to turn off the console as soon as I try to...