my xbox controller isnt working

Discus and support my xbox controller isnt working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it's turned on, it's connected to the xbox, but none of the buttons work??? i turned it off, pressed the pair button on it, hard reset it and the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robert Berisha, Nov 23, 2022.

1. my xbox controller isnt working

it's turned on, it's connected to the xbox, but none of the buttons work???

i turned it off, pressed the pair button on it, hard reset it and the xbox, but nothin gis working

can someone please help me i dont know what to do

:)

Robert Berisha, Nov 23, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi Robert, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

Have you tried to plug in the controller directly on your Xbox using a USB cable?

Also, if you have already tried that and the same issue occurs. Please powercycle your controller by following the steps below:

"To turn off the controller, press and hold the Xbox button for 5-10 seconds, until the controller powers off. Then press and hold the Xbox button again for the controller to turn back on."

If that still didn't work, please try using a different controller to check if it's the controller or the Xbox itself.
  3. Ks4lyphe Win User

Xbox wireless headset

but isnt there wireless headset's out there still that works with xbox controllers?
  4. JESS429-38640744-B34 Win User

Audio Through The Controller Keeps Stopping

Same here, and my mic stopped working too...

I tryed it on a new controller and it isnt working...
  5. jerbear30ky Win User

3.5 mm headset jack not working

try a friends a controller from a friends xbox that isnt in your house if that works you might have to get a new controller
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

My Xbox isnt working

Hello H20,

Thanks for coming to the Xbox forums. As there is an upcoming issue for updates. We recommend to just wait a while and see if anything changes. If any changes I will update you here. You can also keep an eye out on the service alert status if it keeps growing
    there will be a service alert.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. my xbox controller isnt working - Similar Threads - controller isnt working

2. Why isnt my right stick on a wired controller working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why isnt my right stick on a wired controller working?: I have a wired Xbox controller. My right stick isnt responding to anything. It only responds when Im testing it and When I magnify. I tried turning it off including holding the button for...
  3. xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one saying that headphones are attached to my controller yet there isnt one: Ok, so basically, whenever i turn on my controller, and i try to start a party, it has a headset icon next to my name, which indicates that a headset is connected, and whenever i try to talk, my...
  4. Xbox Controller isnt working on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller isnt working on pc: When I plug my controller using a usb cable the pc doesn't detect it and it will not work with any cable and I have all lastest updates for windows and the drivers any help?...
  5. Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired XB1 Controller isnt working on my console but it works when connected to my PC: I have a wired controller that has seemed to stop being detected by my XB1. Not sure why but it started when i went to turn my consold off by holding the xbox button and selecting turn console off...
  6. Microsoft Xbox 360 Windows Controller times out then isnt recognised

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Xbox 360 Windows Controller times out then isnt recognised: I have a wireless Microsoft Xbox 360 controller for PC. It connects and works fine. I mostly use it for playing Forza (on PC), and my problem is, when I am racing in a long race, or just get...
  7. my controller isnt working

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller isnt working: hey my controller has a issue they both were going last night tryed to use them this morning they wont work and one has a red light on the number 4 bit 3d7397ec-97f6-437e-b13f-7f7a887856c5
  8. my controller isnt working

in XBoX on Consoles
    my controller isnt working: hey my controller has a issue they both were going last night tryed to use them this morning they wont work and one has a red light on the number 4 bit 3d7397ec-97f6-437e-b13f-7f7a887856c5
  9. since last update elite controller isnt working propoley

in XBoX on Consoles
    since last update elite controller isnt working propoley: since last update it now doesn't work wirelessly it cuts out and I get a controller disconnected message also controls go haywire before this happens and I get buggy sound very glitch to my...
  10. Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset, can only hear chat if cord ISNT plugged into controller?? Works fine on PS4: i have Astro a40s with mixamp pro. I have been using them on my Xbox one for over a year with no problem. a few months ago i started playing my ps4 instead and my Astros still worked fine On...