My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works

Discus and support My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help My Xbox series s controller is failing to sync and some of the buttons won’t work. A few hours ago I was playing a game and my controller started... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KrystianMassiah-Clark, Feb 1, 2023.

1. My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works

Help My Xbox series s controller is failing to sync and some of the buttons won’t work. A few hours ago I was playing a game and my controller started to vibrate out of nowhere even though I have vibration turned of and some of the buttons (To be exact: XABY, The touch pad, the 3 small buttons and both of the bumpers) weren’t working in the middle of the game. So I tried restarting my Xbox but my controller was failing to sync and out of nowhere it will vibrate twice and turn off. Whenever it does sync the buttons I listed won’t work. I tried every single fix but none of them are working. (Restarting my console and controller, putting in fresh batteries, updating my controller using Mouse and keyboard, trying most fixes) but none of them works and lead to the same thing. I’m just wondering if there are any fixes and id I should get a new controller.

:)

KrystianMassiah-Clark, Feb 1, 2023
  2. andersonpassos Win User

My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

It sounds like there might be an issue with your Xbox controller, and you've already tried several common troubleshooting steps to resolve it. If none of the fixes you've tried have worked, it's possible that the controller is broken and needs to be replaced.

as a player I can only inform and the joystick has a 90-day warranty, microsoft does not carry out out-of-date repairs.

If it is within the deadline, request the repair:

it is necessary to register the product on the microsoft website and open a work order.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/devices

if you have any questions, follow this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Vdeathrow93 Win User

Old Xbox 360 controller not working on slim

The old controller work with the Xbox 360 slim. Have you been following these steps to sync your controller?:

To sync them up, power on the Xbox and the controller. Then push the sync button on the Xbox (small black button next to the USB ports on the front), then push the sync button on the controller (location varies depending on the type of controller). When
    you push the sync button the green light will spin in a circle (on both the Xbox and the controller). If the light doesn’t spin in a circle then it isn’t in sync mode and you might have a problem with the controller.

I did this with my own Xbox slim and my old controllers so I know it is possible.

Here is a youtube video of someone showing it work/how to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWGdw_oi0Xc

Hope it works! Happy gaming!
  4. god_0 Win User

xbox elite controller wont sync to pc. sync button doesnt do anything

it does work when i just press the sync button on my controller, without it being plugged in, and while its synced to the xbox, but this is a rare occurrence. and i still have to power on the xbox just to turn on the controller.

this is a newly refurbished controller, so i doubt it is the sync button itself either.
  5. Sukimoon18 Win User

Xbox One X wont sync to controller since new update

This does not work as in order to update the controller it need to be connected to the xbox. I thought it was my controller and i got a whole new one to experience the same issue..Even when i have it plugged in it is still not syncing and the sync button
    on my xbox one x is not working at all.
  6. Vip3r1965 Win User

My brand new Xbox One Controller wont sync to my Xbox One

Maybe try to un plug xbox to do reset. Then when it fires up hit the sync button on xbox then turn controller on and hit sync on that.

I hope this works for you. If it does not work you may have a defective controller.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller isn’t syncing and most of the buttons aren’t working when the sync works - Similar Threads - controller isn’t syncing

2. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  3. Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my controllers connect to my xbox series s. also why isn’t my controller sync...: whenever i try to connect my controllers they just blink. i have to plug them into the back of the xbox to get them to connect and when i unplug they start blinking again. i try to use the sync...
  4. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one *Moved from Gaming and Xbox / Hardware and network / Other*...
  5. Why isn’t my controller here yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why isn’t my controller here yet?: I ordered a design lab controller on 22/11/2023 and the order still says processing. This is a Christmas present for my son so am worried it’s not been dispatched yet. It’s been almost 4 weeks/30...
  6. My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 controller isn’t connecting to my Xbox 360 s: I found my Xbox 360 2 of them it could connect to the original one but it won’t connect to the slim one 79dfaf96-464e-4334-bb20-93d672d6f192
  7. My Xbox series x isn’t connecting to my tv or controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x isn’t connecting to my tv or controller: I tried moving my Xbox to a different tv in the house and when I did it came up “no signal” on all the hdmi ports. I then tried to move it back to the original tv it was on and same issue. I have...
  8. My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...

in XboX Insiders
    My headset isn’t working even though I used 2 diff headphones and controllers but the mic...: When I go on Xbox accessories and press the 3 dot under my controller volume thing is grayed out submitted by /u/Smulgey [link] [comments]
  9. My controller isn’t performing properly

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn’t performing properly: this problem has happened 3 weeks ago when I had a problem with my Xbox headset, so I threw the headset out due to thinking it was the headset at fault, but it was the controller. it has...
  10. Wireless Xbox controller is on but isn’t accepting input

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox controller is on but isn’t accepting input: My wireless controller is on, but it doesn’t respond to anything I press. It isn’t due to a specific game or something like that. It doesn’t work even on the menu or profile selection screen. I’ve...