My xbox controller is paired to my Xbox but its plugged in via USB to my PC and it is still...

Discus and support My xbox controller is paired to my Xbox but its plugged in via USB to my PC and it is still... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox controller is plugged in via USB to my PC and its still connecting to my Xbox. Any help getting it disconnected from my Xbox and getting it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kyle Magee, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Kyle Magee
    Kyle Magee Guest

My xbox controller is paired to my Xbox but its plugged in via USB to my PC and it is still...

My Xbox controller is plugged in via USB to my PC and its still connecting to my Xbox. Any help getting it disconnected from my Xbox and getting it connected to my pc? I don't have Bluetooth and everything is up to date on the pc but it is not getting picked up by my pc as a device or anything. I've tried to disconnect it from my Xbox but it isn't working. I've been doing it with my Xbox off and unplugged.

:)

Kyle Magee, Feb 26, 2023
  2. Theory of Game Win User

Controller has to be re-paired with console after every time it is plugged into a PC?

When you plug in a controller via USB, it becomes paired to that device (even if it's a PC). No way around this that I know of... you could always keep a USB plugged in to the Xbox One for quick re-pairing.
  3. DexLuther Win User

Xbox One Controller forgetting bluetooth pairing after being plugged in.

the controller will always remain paired to the console without issue.
    Hi,

There is a very good reason for this. On the console, the controller doesn't use Bluetooth, it uses its own proprietary wireless connection. The original Xbox One controllers didn't have Bluetooth on release and could only be connected via a micro USB cable,
    the newer controllers have the BT feature, but still work with the original Xbox One (think Xbox One Fat 2013).

It can't re-pair automatically because it has two types of wireless sync technologies built in. The only way I believe you can make the controller sync automatically would be via the Xbox One Gaming receiver for Windows 10. The receiver doesn't use Bluetooth.

I hope that makes sense.

That's interesting information, but it's still an issue.

When I plug my phone into my PC, it doesn't forget the bluetooth pairing. Plugged in or not I can use the phone companion app just fine, and I don't have to re-pair it when I unplug it.

When I pair a soundbar to my PC, it works just as well as when I unplug it and use it through bluetooth, and again no re-pairing needed.

When I plug in my Sennheiser wireless headphones to charge it, it's still paired to my PC through bluetooth when I unplug it.

For some unknown reason when you plug in an Xbox One controller, it or Windows 10 (or both) deletes or resets the bluetooth profile associated with it, which requires Windows 10 to pair with it again. It's the only device I know of that loses bluetooth pairing
    because you plugged it in. Having two different radio technologies is not an excuse. It would make sense if I was connecting the controller to the PC through bluetooth and then plugging it into an Xbox, but that isn't the case. I don't even have an Xbox anymore.

The controller/Windows 10 has no real reason for clearing/resetting the bluetooth profile when plugging the controller in.
  4. MarvinaPerez Win User

XBox controller disconnects from PC or stops responding

Hi Keith, There are two ways to connect an Xbox controller to a PC: with a USB cable or via Bluetooth.

Connect with a USB cable

Plug one end of the USB cable into the USB port on your PC.

Plug the other end of the USB cable into the USB port on your Xbox controller.

The controller should automatically connect to your PC.

Connect via Bluetooth

Make sure your Xbox controller and PC have Bluetooth.
    Activate Bluetooth on your PC.

Press and hold the pairing button on the Xbox controller for 3 seconds.

The controller should appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on your PC.

Select the Xbox controller from the list and click "Connect."

Let me know if the information is still useful.

Sincerely,
    Marvina.
  5. Niikoe Win User

Xbox Elite 2 - Windows 10 - Won't connect after using USB cable

I'm running into this issue too. I can pair my series 2 controller with my PC via bluetooth and it works fine. However, as soon as I use the usb cable and plug it into my PC, like if I wanted to charge it while playing, it works fine. Unfortunately if I
    then unplug from the USB cable, the controller no longer pairs via Bluetooth. I have to forget the device in Windows bluetooth settings, then re-pair it like it's the first time I've ever done it.

It's like by connecting via USB resets the controllers memory of connecting via bluetooth or something. Quite annoying.

I also agree, we should be able to configure the controller wirelessly somehow. Whether it be via some new dongle thing or preferably via bluetooth.
  6. XA JJKILLERs Win User

Xbox One Elite Series 1 Controller USB Port not working.

I just bought the controller today and tried connecting it to my Xbox one and it wasn't pairing. I then tried plugging it in via USB and nothing happened. I also tried connecting it to my PC via USB and nothing happened. It didn't even connect to
    the Xbox controller wireless adapter for the PC. It is the model 1698 and is out of warranty now. Would I be able to ship it in to get it fixed? Thanks.
    I would return it back to the retailer as defective
Thema:

1. My xbox controller is paired to my Xbox but its plugged in via USB to my PC and it is still... - Similar Threads - controller paired plugged

2. I need help pairing my xbox one controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need help pairing my xbox one controller: So I have an Xbox 1 with 200 games on it that are very legendary and I hold dear to my heart. I stop playing my Xbox 1 and return from my Xbox Series S. Now I've want to replay the games but my...
  3. Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller wont pair to pc via micro usb: My xbox one controller wont pair to my pc properly when I connect the end and front of the micro usb to the controller and the pc I have to hold the guide button to turn it on and it pairs to my...
  4. Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Pairing Problems after MOBA replacement: I'm having problems connecting my xbox controller to my PC since I replaced my MOBA, the last one was a B350 and I buyed an bluetooth adapter Realtek 5.0 to connect my Xbox Controller to it, after...
  5. Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One Elite Controller won’t enter pairing mode: I hold the sync button either constantly or for 3 seconds like most tutorials suggest but it just blinks for around 10 seconds and returns to the solid glow without ever appearing in my MacBook’s...
  6. my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it

in XBoX Accessibility
    my Xbox controller keep on paired mod and i can't connect it: i have this problem since 8 month i tried almost everything changing windows 10 to 11 and get back to windows 10 when i connect my Xbox controller to laptop and my phone and it work perfectly...
  7. Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X pairing button on consul will not work to hook up controller: My son has an Xbox series X, the controllers used to work fine now the only way to play is have it hardwired to consul they will not pair light on Xbox will not go to blink mode after hitting...
  8. Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot remove or re-pair Xbox Elite controller. All online fixes attempted and failed.: Hello. I have an Xbox Elite controller that used to work on my PC but no longer connects. If I try to remove it from the Bluetooth connections tab, I just get "Remove Failed". If I try adding it...
  9. The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series: The controller does not pair with the Xbox X Series. I press and hold the sync button on the Xbox controller and it starts flashing, but when I press the sync button on the X Series, the light...
  10. My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting every time another controller is paired to the Xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting every time another controller is paired to the Xbox: My controller works fine when it’s the only one connected to the Xbox. But the moment I turn on the other controller to play with multiple people, the controller starts disconnecting every few...