My Xbox controller fell off my bed and now my controller doesn't work.

Discus and support My Xbox controller fell off my bed and now my controller doesn't work. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The controller still turns on but the buttons aren't working. I tired switching batteries and it still doesn't work. I also tried paring it to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alexa Hart, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Alexa Hart
    Alexa Hart Guest

The controller still turns on but the buttons aren't working. I tired switching batteries and it still doesn't work. I also tried paring it to the Xbox, turning the controller completely off, and plugging into the Xbox. It's still not working no matter what I do. Is there any way I can fix this?

:)

Alexa Hart, Mar 13, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Alexa, try to follow these procedures below, but if it does not work, it means that your controls are damaged.

First remove the batteries from the controller and for 1 minute keep pressing all the buttons on the controller and moving the knobs.

After you're done, plug the USB cable controller into your console and turn it on.

Look for controller updates in the Xbox accessories part, if you have an update available, do it.

Then clear the cache on the console and check if the control has any updates to be made.

1. Go to the Xbox press and hold the XBOX power button on the console for 10 seconds until it turns off

2. Wait 10 seconds until it turns off

3. Wait 1 minute with it off

4. Turn it back on

After the console restarts and I'm at the console start screen, put the batteries back in the controller, remove the USB cable and see if it back to normal.
  3. Alexa Hart Win User

It worked, thank you so much!
  4. US Revenge Win User

Breaking the Fourth Wall.

MGS4 he told me to put my controler down and he would move it, i put it on my bed and it fell off my bed I was like zomg.

-

doesn't really apply, but the poop monster in conquers bad fur day made me laugh for like an hour.... I miss rare :(
  5. TomPfalzer Win User

Xbox one play and charge problem

I was updating my controller and my USB fell out and now my controller won't turn on at all
  6. LegoNinja187 Win User

Why are Xbox One controllers so poorly built?

I haven't had any issues with my controllers (I use the Xbox One Elite controllers) the only issues i have is the LB on my oldest one has popped out of place, and needs repairing, but I believe that is done to miss use/ my brother miss treating it, since
    that is the controller he uses.

When your controller fell off your bed onto the carpet, was the cable plugged in? If so, it could have damaged the connection port on the controller where the cable plugs in, or the cable itself, have you inspected that port, and the connection on the cable
    that plugs into the controller for damage?

Have you tried another cable with that controller?

Have you tried another controller with that cable?
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller fell off my bed and now my controller doesn't work. - Similar Threads - controller fell off

2. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  3. Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller suddenly disconnects from PC...: I have 2 Xbox Series controllers, which i use witch my PC. At first i played via bluetooth and didn't notice any problems. Then i started using cable because i was tired of buying new batteries))...
  4. Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sudden Controller lag/excessive acceleration: I have had the series x for awhile and recently had sudden issues with input lag from my controller where I can't aim properly and the acceleration speed seems way high so I checked my controller...
  5. My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox series x controller's left thumbstick is not registering the push/click function.: EDIT: I am so sorry for wasting anyone's time, turns out that the controller thought that the joystick was always being pressed. and i fixed it by quite literally tapping the back of the...
  6. My two controllers have major stick drift

in XBoX on Consoles
    My two controllers have major stick drift: Hi, I have two xbox series x controllers one original and second hand. I have used both of them for a good period of time and now the stick drift has gotten way worse. both controllers are not in...
  7. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  8. I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't register my controller to my Microsoft account: So a couple months ago I had some issues with my controller where it completely died and wouldn't charge/turn on. During the process of trying to send in the controller for a repair it randomly...
  9. Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app doesnt detect my Dualshock 4 controller: I have connected my controller through bluetooth to my pc, but the xbox app says 'no controller is connected' a5c43eb8-6edb-4365-883e-8977f307f758
  10. Unresponsive controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unresponsive controller: So my controller is unresponsive but connected. It's not in my xbox controller list, but it's connected no vibration feedback when holding the Xbox button and no movement when using joysticks or...