My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this?

Discus and support My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox one controller has stopped recognizing when I press up on the L stick. How do I fix it? 0fcc77d9-5b02-4f33-a4ed-c3f040874103 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HarryFinch1, Aug 14, 2022.

1. HarryFinch1
    HarryFinch1 Guest

My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this?

My Xbox one controller has stopped recognizing when I press up on the L stick. How do I fix it?

:)

HarryFinch1, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Harry, Let's try to update your control to check if the error is solved.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/...

If it doesn't work, then it means some internal error in the control.

In this case, you will need repairs.

If the control is under warranty, you can trigger it here.

Click on this link, if your console appears in your account click on it or register it.

After clicking on it, go to ''online service''. In the category put ''accessories'' and next to ''standard control'' and fill in the form with your data.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/hardware-ne...
  3. smileskybird Win User

Why did they make the analog sticks on the Xbox One controller so loose?

I actually like the way they've made the analogue sticks. The L-R-up-down arrow buttons sound tinny when you press them though, compared to the 360's controller. The controller is light and fits in my hands more better which I like, and to me the trigger
    buttons make less noise than the 360's controller.
  4. Oldlink Win User

Xbox One X randomly disconnects all controllers during middle of game.

I don't get the same problem as you but kind of similar. My Xbox one X turns itself on randomly and also suggest stopped doing anything when the A button is pressed on the home screens. It recognizes that you pressed the button, it just doesn't do anything.
    If you hold the button down it might recognize it eventually. It does this with every controller I have so it's not the controllers.
  5. ThisGuy6969 Win User

Netflix on XBox One: Menu auto scrolling issues

Omg...it was a wired controller plugged in (normally use my wireless) with the analog stick pressed up (cord wrapped around it). Check all active controllers lol. But it's funny it doesn't affect any other app.
  6. Wayne-Z Win User

NBA 2k14 wont recognize controller

What i do to fix this, is when i launch the game, and it doesn't recognize my button inputs, I say to the Kinect "Xbox, Sign In"..and sign in a second time. That usually fixes it for me.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller doesn't recognize me pressing up on the L stick how do I fix this? - Similar Threads - controller doesn't recognize

2. Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't my controller and wheel/pedals work in Forza 5 anymore.: Hi everyone. I really needs some help. I have an Xbox Series X, two hand controllers and one Thrustmaster TMX wheel and pedals. The Xbox and controllers are up to date and so is the driver for...
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Pro Elite 2 Controller doesn't work in games.: I've drove myself crazy for hours, trying to figure out the issue. (In the past it was so easy, I'd power on the controller, the drivers automatically updated, and nothing else was needed) Now...
  5. My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware: Why my Xbox controller Elite 2 doesn't update to the latest firmware? The rest of my controlller updated to the firmware 5.20.7.0 without any problem, but The Elite 2 remains with 5.17.3202.0. The...
  6. Xbox controller doesn't show up why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller doesn't show up why?: I have Xbox series s controller and I want to play with it on pc but whenever I try to connect it doesn't show up. I have gamebird 4.0 Bluetooth dongle. Microsoft please help me. I have windows...
  7. My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Xbox One controller doesn't work with games on the game pass app on pc.: My controller works perfectly fine with my Steam games, but when it comes to the Xbox app, my controller loses it's cool and forgets it is a controller (right stick moves the mouse button and the...
  8. Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller to disconnects from xbox but when connected to my phone it doesn't.: I will turn on Xbox with the remote and it will automatically keep disconnecting itself. My Xbox and controller are up to date. The only way for it to work is having cord from Xbox to controller....
  9. When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When ever I use a controller on some games it doesn't work properly: it acts like its a keyboard and mouse and some often controls are switched randomly, this doesn't happen on all games right now its only happened on 2 Red Dead Redemption 2 and Jedi Survivor. I'm...
  10. Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Only in wireless mode the xbox one controller doesn't recognize my aux headset: Hello, i bought a new xbox one controller today for my Windows PC. But when i use it wireless the audio doesn't recognize the xbox, so the headset doesn't get recognized. When i connect it with...