My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from...

Discus and support My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Before you say anything, I've probably done every single troubleshooting step you can think of. I need a real fix. This only happens to one of my Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Maximon9, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Maximon9
    Maximon9 Guest

My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from...

Before you say anything, I've probably done every single troubleshooting step you can think of. I need a real fix. This only happens to one of my Xbox controllers, so the culprit is this controller. I've tried resetting everything. Even a factory reset didn't work. Nothing is muted and nothing is at 0% volume. Sound does come through the controller. I know this because I can still hear people in a party, they just cannot hear me.

Going to Select Profile & System> Settings > General > Volume & audio output, selecting Additional options under Advanced, and selecting Chat mixer to check if any sound option level is low does not fix my problem.

:)

Maximon9, Jun 3, 2023
  2. Internet Expert Win User

f1 2015 xbox one no sound

Is the game the only thing that isn't producing sound?

When you go into the Xbox One menu, does navigating the menu make sound effects that you can hear?
  3. Maximon9 Win User

My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from someone speaking in party does go through. How do I fix this?

I have done this but I believe I actually found the solution. It turns out that there was no game sound or Xbox navigation sounds because the headset chat mixer was all the way up.

For anyone that comes across this, try to go to Select Profile & System> Settings >Device & Connections > Accessories > Click on the three dots > Volume, then turn-down headset chat mixer. I put mine right in the middle.
  4. DeniqL Win User

My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from someone speaking in party does go through. How do I fix this?

Oh I´m glad you figured it out :)
  5. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Have you checked if your controller is updated?

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Under Profile & system, select Settings.

Under Devices & connections, select Accessories.

On the Xbox Wireless Controller screen, select “…” to check the firmware version for your controller.

Update if available
  6. Georges C. Win User

Xbox One navigation sounds

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Triman, from what we know the volume differences are fixed on the console, including these nuances serve to you to be able to distinguish what is running without sometimes looking at the screen of the TV or monitor.

In the Xbox menu under "Settings" after Audio, it only gives you the option to turn off navigation or menu sounds.

Check "Settings" "General" and then output "Audio and Volume" if the audio output option is in Stereo "Uncompressed Stereo".

If you are in DTS or Dolby you may be suppressing certain frequencies.
Thema:

1. My Xbox controller does not play game sounds and Xbox navigation sounds, but sounds from... - Similar Threads - controller does play

2. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  3. Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller keep disconnecting: Why do my Xbox controllers keep disconnecting on my Xbox one but they work fine on my other Xbox’s? I have disconnected and reconnected the controller and changed the batteries, but the controller...
  4. Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Microsoft always send back faulty controllers?: Around 6 months ago I decided to buy an Xbox Series S, all was fine except that after only weeks of use, the controller was drifting to a point of being unusable. I then bought another, it came...
  5. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  6. Why does my controller keep de-syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller keep de-syncing: When I'm playing a game it randomly de-syncs for just a few seconds then starts working again normally. It's a brand new controller from the xbox store and sometimes it will go for hours with no...
  7. Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox elite series 2 controller come with the paddles as stock if I’m purchasing...: Hello, I’m looking to purchase a custom controller from design labs, and I was looking at the elite series 2 controller, and it asks if I’d like to purchase paddles for an extra £21 on top of the...
  8. Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my controller have to turn off why I want to play on keyboard and mouse: Why does the controller have to have a timed shut off? Please make this an option! It’s really annoying when there are certain times I want to use the controller for a game or if I want to use...
  9. Why does my controller get stuck drift when playing on pc?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller get stuck drift when playing on pc?: My controller gets bits of drift when I’m playing halo infinite on my pc, why? 241f3f49-21fa-48c9-9233-e855544702bc
  10. Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased xbox x controller to use on PC xbox app press start to play does nothing: I recently purchased an xbox x controller by ApowerA because it had a usb connection. I figured it was plug and play. It works fine with some of my emulators as i could map the controller to any...