My xbox captures won’t delete they just keep popping up and i can’t upload captures onto...

Discus and support My xbox captures won’t delete they just keep popping up and i can’t upload captures onto... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; It barely started happening a few days ago and i haven’t seen anyone complain about it or anything so maybe it’s just my xbox?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by valerieUM, Aug 17, 2022.

1. valerieUM
    valerieUM Guest

My xbox captures won’t delete they just keep popping up and i can’t upload captures onto...

It barely started happening a few days ago and i haven’t seen anyone complain about it or anything so maybe it’s just my xbox?

:)

valerieUM, Aug 17, 2022
  2. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox captures are completely broken?

On your console Home Guide menu select Capture & share > Recent captures >Show all >Manage captures

That will show you your captures you have uploaded to the Xbox network. You can change this to captures on this console to show those captures.

If you change the look on screen to small icons (press 4 squares) you will have other options as well as a delete choice.

Looking at this screen outlay, on console captures will inform you if they have been uploaded to the Xbox network or not.

Captures on the console that have been uploaded to the xbox network can be deleted from the console if you want. Be aware that there is a finite available space on the console for captures that fills up very quickly if you make a lot of clips and/or screenshots.

Uploaded Captures on the xbox network can also be deleted.

I use the sort option and delete captures regularly from both my console and Xbox network to keep my captures manageable.
  3. joefarrell1878 Win User

Xbox App not showing captures off my Xbox Series X

Hi Mohammed

Unfortunately I can’t follow them steps because am on a iOS device and it doesn’t let you clear cache, also the captures don’t seem to be uploading from my recent captures onto the Xbox live part from my Xbox series x on the dashboard screen, not sure if the problem is linked

Cheers
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

9-days-old Captures Missing

Hi Alexkatbat! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

When you make a capture, the file that represents it exists only on your console. Uploading your captures to the Xbox network is helpful for two things: viewing your captures when you’re using a mobile or PC app from Xbox, and sharing your captures.

Automatic uploading is standard, but in case you need to turn it on, press the Xbox button  to open the guide, and then go to Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share > Automatically upload.

To upload a capture that wasn’t uploaded automatically, select the capture, and then select Upload.

Things to keep in mind

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

All this information it's available on support site

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  5. freya �� Win User

My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete anything.

Thank you I will try this, do you think this is something they will fix soon?
  6. Francia J. Win User

My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete anything.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that there are multiple reports in regards to the same issue today, Freya. It can be an intermittent issue only however, there are no official announcements yet from Microsoft so we just need to perform troubleshooting steps such as extended powercycle and resetting the network hardware by following the steps below:

"1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state."
Thema:

1. My xbox captures won’t delete they just keep popping up and i can’t upload captures onto... - Similar Threads - captures won’t delete

2. Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox captures lagging real bad when playing in 1440P: Some time ago i changed my display resolution to 1440P and the captures are lagging really bad I did a factory reset and i changed my capture resolution from 1080P to 720P hoping it would help...
  3. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  4. Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Problem capturing gameplay in the new update - Series X: Hey guys! A few weeks ago I was part of the Insider program, I was in the Omega ring (OS Version 10.0.25398.4086), and my Xbox started having problems recording, I simply couldn't start...
  5. Captures not loading

in XBoX on Windows
    Captures not loading: Captures are not loading for me to see them or upload them. 2beeb1ba-4492-4bf1-8810-064405325522
  6. Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record: Hello There, So for the past 4 days, basically since the new update, I’ve been have a TON of trouble with My Xbox Captures. I have been recording Xbox captures with my 2 TB Seagate external 3.0...
  7. some captures are grey and won’t play

in XboX Insiders
    some captures are grey and won’t play: Hi! About 8 of my captures will not play when I click on them and either stay on a grey screen or show up with a symbol showing I can’t play the capture. not sure what’s going on as a year ago I...
  8. captures won’t delete

in XBoX on Consoles
    captures won’t delete: I did everything that was suggested and nothing is deleted. Deleted it from my console, the xbox app, and even restarted the xbox but they’re still here. new captures won’t save and old ones won’t...
  9. Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why won’t xbox app update with uploaded or deleted captures?: My xbox says that my captures have been uploaded to the xbox network, however, i check the xbox mobile app and it does not show the newly uploaded captures, and it also shows ones that i deleted...
  10. My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete anything.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete anything.: My captures won’t upload and I can’t delete any captures. I try to upload my captures it says they’ve been uploaded and I get the notifications on my Xbox and the Xbox app but when I open it it...