my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work

Discus and support my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; as the title suggests my xbox capture wont work and when it does it forces me into the "record what happened" screen and i cant back out of it! and its... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonSeniuk, Nov 3, 2019.

1. JasonSeniuk
    JasonSeniuk Guest

as the title suggests my xbox capture wont work and when it does it forces me into the "record what happened" screen and i cant back out of it! and its on because i checked numerous times and its on alright, it just wont work idk why... when i go to the
    "capture" screen the top 3 items (record from now, capture a screenshot, and capture what happened) the "capture what happened" really confuses me cause when i go to capture something the "capture what happened" comes up... which shouldnt be possible... right?
    cause when i back out of that screen it takes me back to my games/apps list (the 5 games/apps screen) idk what i did to cause this or is it a bug? i dont really know for sure! can someone help me on this?

:)

JasonSeniuk, Nov 3, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

to check the settings for game captures, tap the Xbox button on the controller then press the RB 3 times to get to the system tab

select Settings

from the options on the left select Preferences, then on the right side of the screen select Capture & Share.

make sure that under Capture it is set to allow "Captures by me or games" OR "Captures by me"

choose the other options that best suit your requirements for duration, auto upload, resolution and storage location then when you do something in a game and want to record it simply tap the Xbox button and press X and it will record whatever just happened.

hope this helps
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey JasonSeniuk,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day!
  4. Sanguinem Malum Win User

tv

Using the Xbox as a DVR won't work to my knowledge. Using it for game footage capture works, but I don't believe that is what you wish to do.
  5. Paul A. Smith Win User

Twitch Integration

6. Lofty Who Win User

What quality will the Xbox One record in?

Thema:

1. my xbox capture (game DVR?) wont work - Similar Threads - capture game DVR

2. Anyone else having issues with game capture?

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone else having issues with game capture?: I've been having issues with using game capture. I for some reason cannot record any game clips but screenshots work fine. I've tried doing a hard reset and it would help for a couple days and...
  3. How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I adjust my mic volume for captures in xbox game bar?: Me and my friend have this issue where when we clip 30 seconds of our game in the game bar my mic audio is very very loud while his is very very low. When he records clips he can barely hear his...
  4. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  5. Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Captures Won’t Record: Hello There, So for the past 4 days, basically since the new update, I’ve been have a TON of trouble with My Xbox Captures. I have been recording Xbox captures with my 2 TB Seagate external 3.0...
  6. Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s

in XboX Insiders
    Game audio not picking up on captures through xbox series s: so when i save a clip on my xbox i can hear game audio but not game chat? how do i fix it? submitted by /u/Mindless-Wrangler644 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar countinues to say "There was a problem getting your captures": I have been using the Xbox game bar to screen record usually but I was running out of storage. I moved the captures to a hard drive and when I started to record something else on my game bar it...
  8. I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't upload any of my game captures onto Onedrive from my Xbox series X: I've been trying to backup my game captures to one drive since they are starting to expire soon and I'm low on space anyway. The issue is when I try to upload any of them, a message comes up on my...
  9. why cant i capture anything on game bar

in XBoX on Windows
    why cant i capture anything on game bar: why cant i capture anything on game bar 687f49d7-6c55-4df9-b3e7-fd2320fe50cb
  10. Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox DVR problem not capturing some audio tracks from games: Hello. My Series X is having this weird issue where commentator voices from several FIFA games (FIFA 23 and 22) aren’t getting captured by the Xbox DVR. I started noticing this 6 days ago. I can...