My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079)

Discus and support My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi to everyone, my Xbox One (the first one, sold with Kinect), went on loop when installing the last update. It keep freezing on the third step,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IlSawdustCaesar, Dec 2, 2018.

1. My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079)

Hi to everyone,

my Xbox One (the first one, sold with Kinect), went on loop when installing the last update. It keep freezing on the third step, showing the error message.

My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079) [​IMG]

But
    the troubleshoot tool doesn't work: I've tried to restore to factory default, (both keeping and not my games and apps), restarting (even with power cicle). The Offline Update System seems not to read my usb key (the icon is off), althought is formatted in
    ntfs and it has the right recovery tool put on it.

The only solution suggested by the online guide is to send it for assistance. What I absolutely do not want to do because it costs € 130 and the console is now worth much less. Has anyone else had and
    solved this problem?Thank you all, Marcello

:)

IlSawdustCaesar, Dec 2, 2018
  2. Updates bad

These last updates have totally screwed my Xbox up.I noticed that black opps campaign mode would freeze after 5 min of playing. After today's update I get an e 71 error code and unreadable disc errors. And can now do nothing on my box

DefendedAlarm3, Dec 2, 2018
  3. Xbox one taking too long to start

error E105 00000000 80070079

EXO Prodigy XX, Dec 2, 2018
  4. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest

Hey Caesar,

Thank you for reaching out! We'll try our best to help you out. I see you have tried quite a bit of troubleshooting already including attempting an offline system update. If you haven't already, try using a different USB flash drive since it is having a
    hard time recognizing your current one. In some cases, the network could be a factory with the system updates. Try using different network altogether or change your current setup from wired to wireless or vice-versa. Let us know if this helps! Cheers.

XBF Lance J, Dec 2, 2018
  5. Dear Lance,

I changed the usb flash drive, now it is recognized, but when I start the installation it stops immediately giving this other error code. I'm really discouraged.

6. XBF Amber M
    XBF Amber M Guest
    Hi Caesar,

Thanks so much for replying and keeping us updated. The E101 error you're receiving would also require an offline system update as well. You can use our Xbox
    One System Update Solution
    to look up any of the "E" error codes received. You may want to attempt the offline system update again as sometimes it takes it a bit to finally go through and use the link provided to troubleshoot any further codes you may
    receive to see if they offer any different solutions.

Hope this helps a bit more and please let us know the results.

XBF Amber M, Dec 2, 2018
  7. ciaramanago
    ciaramanago Guest
    I have only had an xbox one (the original) for 2 days. A friend gave it to me and did an factory restore first, so the first thing I had to do was an update. I don't have a fast internet connection so i downloaded it on a friends computer and did the offline
    update. The download is an zip file, did you extract it to the usb drive or just copy it? I formated my drive to ntfs and extracted the zip file to the drive on a linux computer and it worked fine, even though MS says you have to use a windows 10 machine.

ciaramanago, Dec 2, 2018
  8. ciaramanago
    ciaramanago Guest

this is what it should look like on the usb drive. was your download 4.9 gb?? mine was and it was released recently 11/29 i think

sorry, cant post my screen shot

ciaramanago, Dec 2, 2018
  9. I downloaded it with a Win 10 pc and then I copied the folder into my usb flash drive first, then in an external hdd but none of them worked.

10. Last update. I disconnected the ethernet cable and the update was successful. As soon as I entered the home I restored the Xbox to the factory settings from the settings menu. I reconfigured the console by connecting it via wi-fi. But when the usual problematic
    update started, everything was back as before: an endless loop of interrupted update, recovery tool and forced restart (just to know: the offline update never worked). So I installed the Xbox Insider Hub on a Windows 10 PC, and I
    removed my console from the program. After the umpteenth restart I finished the configuration and the console is back to work, but I had to disable the automatic updates from the settings menu. The risky update is always there lurking, I'm sorry but I do not
    think I want to risk again with the next updates. For the record the update is this here: OS version: 10.0.17763.3065 (rs5_release_xbox_dev_1811.181121-1200) released on 11/29/2018 and is about 378mb.

11. XBF Javier R
    XBF Javier R Guest
    Hello Caesar,

We understand that after an update to your console that you're now experiencing a start up error code involving the e100 and e101.

You mentioned performing the offline system update through an external HDD, but the offline system update can only be chosen/completed through a USB device.

This is our last resort recommendation, as if the offline system update does not work the console may need to be
    repaired.

We wish you the best with this, and let us know the results.

XBF Javier R, Dec 4, 2018
  12. XBF Crystal P, Nov 6, 2018
  13. XBF Crystal P Win User

14. ciaramanago Win User

this is what it should look like on the usb drive. was your download 4.9 gb?? mine was and it was released recently 11/29 i think

sorry, cant post my screen shot
  15. XBF Javier R Win User

Hello Caesar,

We understand that after an update to your console that you're now experiencing a start up error code involving the e100 and e101.

You mentioned performing the offline system update through an external HDD, but the offline system update can only be chosen/completed through a USB device.

This is our last resort recommendation, as if the offline system update does not work the console may need to be
    repaired.

We wish you the best with this, and let us know the results.
  16. IlSawdustCaesar Win User

I downloaded it with a Win 10 pc and then I copied the folder into my usb flash drive first, then in an external hdd but none of them worked.
  17. IlSawdustCaesar Win User

Dear Lance,

I changed the usb flash drive, now it is recognized, but when I start the installation it stops immediately giving this other error code. I'm really discouraged.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. My Xbox broke after the last update (error E 100 00000712 80070079) - Similar Threads - broke last update

2. Last Xbox X upgrade broke my system!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Last Xbox X upgrade broke my system!: Hi, My Xbox Series X got updated 18/7-2023 Since then there have been constant signal drop during gaming! The screen vil turn black for 1-2 seconds an then come back again. I have not changed...
  3. I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a wired Xbox one controller and somehow the right analog stick broke last night.: When I'm on the controller configuration or whatever it is in the setting it's not reading the input when I move the analog stick to the left, so again, right analog stick not reading the left...
  4. Latest Xbox Game Bar update broke the record last 30 seconds feature

in XBoX on Windows
    Latest Xbox Game Bar update broke the record last 30 seconds feature: Anyone else having issues with Xbox Game Bar respect to the record last 30 secs feature? I mean, it records it but the audio is ahead by 12-9 seconds. This issue appeared either by updating to...
  5. I think the last preview broke 360 online.

in XboX Insiders
    I think the last preview broke 360 online.: Sorry for everything I'm on mobile and in a hurry. I dusted off my Xbox 360 S with the 250gb. I updated it and found some good controllers. Cleaned everything all up. Decided to download MW3 to...
  6. Last Update broke my Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Last Update broke my Xbox one: This afternoon, after turning on my xbox and recieveing a message about " my xbox is Updating" it is just a black screen, Tried hard reset and changed hdmi cable. can anyone help ?...
  7. I have 3 consoles xbox one and the 3 consoles are broke after of the last actualization of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have 3 consoles xbox one and the 3 consoles are broke after of the last actualization of...: I have 3 consoles xbox one a one fat halo 5 edition a xbox one s 500 gb and a xbox one x and the 3 consoles are broke after of the last actualization of this month and I don't know what I can do...
  8. Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Quick resume broke on all games after last update for Series X when restarting console: After the last update at the end of November my Series X no longer keeps games in quick resume when restarting the console. I have the console set to quick start so that when I turn it off it...
  9. Last update broke HDR

in XBoX on Consoles
    Last update broke HDR: After updating my xbox one x last night it states my tv does not support hdr for gaming, even though it did before the update.. my ps4 pro displays it just fine so i know its on the xbox side not...
  10. Last update broke every thing!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Last update broke every thing!: The last update made it so spotify doesnt work right. I can get my app to open from phone go to my acc but will not connect to my phone witch mean i have way less volume Control! Super annoying...