My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.

Discus and support My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Why was this not being communicated and i had to learn this from a mod's comment blocking a Question on this issue? submitted by /u/Pschirki [link]... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Pschirki, Aug 12, 2021.

1. /u/Pschirki
    /u/Pschirki Guest

My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only.

Why was this not being communicated and i had to learn this from a mod's comment blocking a Question on this issue?

submitted by /u/Pschirki
    [link] [comments]

/u/Pschirki, Aug 12, 2021
  2. FG457 Win User

skate. (Xbox 360) in French on Xbox Series X (Backwards Compatibility)

Ok thank you, that actually solved my problem! :)

The game apparently defaults to French when the language is set to English (and only French and German are available languages for the game).

My region was set to Germany for some time but my console was always set to English. And the game always defaulted to French. So the game doesn't care about my region settings and only checks the language settings. When changing the console/system language to German the game is also German (English is not an option and when set as the system language changes the games language to French).
  3. FG457 Win User

skate. (Xbox 360) in French on Xbox Series X (Backwards Compatibility)

Thank you for your time, the problem was solved!

Explanation:

The game apparently defaults to French when the language is set to English (and only French and German are available languages for the game).

My region was set to Germany for some time but my console was always set to English. And the game always defaulted to French. So the game doesn't care about my region settings and only checks the language settings. When changing the console/system language to German the game is also German (English is not an option and when set as the system language changes the games language to French).
  4. blindhai Win User

Change game language in Xbox App for Windows 10

Hi Vallasin,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is change the global system language. You can always go to
    Xbox ideas and post an idea for a different way to select languages.

Thanks,

Brad
    Hi Brad,

When you say "global system language", that's the OS language/region settings ? So as long as Windows 10 is in english, Xbox app will be in english and all the games installed will be in english ? Is that correct ?

I have the same question as Vallasin. My system is in english, I haven't installed the Xbox app yet.

Thanks!

I have installed Wolfenstein 2 and changed the whole Systemsettings from german to english but the game is still in german...so no it doesnt work, at least nocjht for this one. Too bad, i really hoped, that i could try this game, but this makes the XBox
    Game Pass less attractive to me.
  5. Norwegian 420 Win User

achievements in a different language than the console

I am in Norway with a Imported console (from Germany) and some of the games have suddenly changed achievement language to German. It was not like that before. Titanfall and Wolfenstein for example have all the achievements in german. Not the dashboard, not
    in the "in game menu", ONLY the achievements are in German. They were in English first, and then it swapped to german. Everything in my console settings is set to English/Uk, I am connected to the UK Marketplace with my credit card and I don't have a German
    IP. WTF Microsoft?
  6. Norwegian 420 Win User

Some of my Xbox One-games have their Achievements in German language?! Help!!

I am in Norway with a Imported console (from Germany) and some of the games have suddenly changed achievement language to German. It was not like that before. Titanfall and Wolfenstein for example have all the achievements in german. Not the dashboard, not
    in the "in game menu", ONLY the achievements are in German. They were in English first, and then it swapped to german. Everything in my console settings is set to English/Uk, I am connected to the UK Marketplace with my credit card and I don't have a German
    IP. WTF Microsoft?
Thema:

1. My XBox Apps language is set to german, but all xCloud games display english only. - Similar Threads - Apps language set

2. How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I include my audio on a friends twitch recording using the Xbox app: I’m streaming with a group of friends I use the Xbox app for communicating most nights but stream can’t here due to me not being able to include my audio using the app...
  3. Missing components for the xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    Missing components for the xbox app: [img] I've tried to update it, repair it, reset it and reinstall it but this pops up everytime I open this app [img] e6eef009-e70c-422d-b54e-e48d85737bda
  4. So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I tried gifting my friend darktide through xbox using cash app card and the payment is...: So I tried gifting my friend darktide on the xbox using cash app card and the payment is still pending and the gifting errored but it took the money outta the account so I do I just wait or did it...
  5. How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    How to restore in-app purchases? Slots Era Unwanted purchase: OK guys I'm not even even really sure on where this is supposed to go or to whom exactly I'm completely like lost and confused actually over here I I've been playing a game basically for like...
  6. xbox app & microsoft store greyed out

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox app & microsoft store greyed out: xbox app & microsoft store greyed out, tried everything true cmd, powershell & win repair a93c398d-29d8-4a82-a8a8-61812bc600ab
  7. Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default

in XBoX on Windows
    Installed language packs change the displayed language of certain apps away from the default: I recently installed the Japanese language pack so that I could type Japanese characters when I wanted/needed, as it is a language I am currently studying. However, I noticed that all the Windows...
  8. NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO LAUNCH OPTIONS SETTING, NO LANGUAGE SETTING, IN NEW XBOX APP GAME SETTING: same as topic ***Moved from Windows / Windows 11 / Gaming*** 189c31a2-93d7-49bc-bfc2-13430cedfc87
  9. Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Default language in EA App is assumed russian with Xbox PC Game Pass settings set to...: Hello! I'm from Ukraine and I was one of the first to buy the PC Game Pass when it launched in Ukraine. However, there is an integration with EA, where you can install and play games from EA in...
  10. Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why after 4 years, we still can't change the language of the X Box/Game Pass App?: I don't want to change my Desktop language, but I hate those cheap localized local versions of games. f645aac9-81a3-434d-abcc-ca09f3240dac