my xbox app for windows 11 will not launch games, install games, or let me uninstall games....

Discus and support my xbox app for windows 11 will not launch games, install games, or let me uninstall games.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I managed to uninstall all my games, but now they just say either "preparing", or wont download (even though steam will download updates) I have ~200GB... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by glitterfic, Nov 23, 2022.

1. glitterfic
    glitterfic Guest

my xbox app for windows 11 will not launch games, install games, or let me uninstall games....

I managed to uninstall all my games, but now they just say either "preparing", or wont download (even though steam will download updates) I have ~200GB of space on my drive

:)

glitterfic, Nov 23, 2022
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Minecraft for Windows 10

Hello Buszi,

Thanks for keeping us updated. We recommend manually logging off of both the Xbox companion app and windows. Afterwards, power cycle your PC and then re-sign into windows and then the xbox app. Launch Minecraft and then let us know the results.

If this doesn't help, have you already tried uninstalling/re-installing the game : How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows
  3. WakiMak Win User

Xbox asks me to "Change your install options in Profile" even though I have a lot of space

The above issue occurred on a fresh install of Windows 11 Pro.

I was able to "fix" the issue by unenrolling from Xbox Insider Hub's Windows Gaming. I then uninstalled the Xbox app. I restarted my machine. I then re-enrolled back in the Windows Gaming Preview. I reinstalled the Xbox App. I still had the same error, so I unchecked the option to "Ask me for install options on every install." Game Pass Games now install as normal rather than the advanced options under C:\Xbox Games.

Identifying the issue was seeing the option "This game supports advanced management features." on the 7 games that were already installed.

Advanced Installation and Management Features available for Insiders through the Xbox App for Windows - Xbox Wire

In conclusion,

I believe this is some sort of Xbox Insider Hub Preview issue with the Xbox App because the 7 games were installed without the option of C:\Xbox Games that I had prior to reloading Windows 11.
  4. StodgyLicense32 Win User

Xbox app won't load whenever I restart the PC and games give me an error [GameName] can’t open because it is offline. The storage device might be missing or disconnected.

I'm using Windows 11. I tried uninstalling Naraka and restart my PC, but I still have the same problem with the Xbox app. All of my games are installed on D.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

Lois, let me see if I understand. You're subscribed to Gamepass, right?

When you open the Xbox app on your PC, no games are showed there? What exactly the app showed you when you open it?

Also, you said you installed, 11 of them, you cannot see them installed on your PC?
    They installed Windows 11, not "installed 11" games.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

i can only play minecraft windows 7 with windows 10???

Yeah, Minecraft launcher for Windows 10/11 requires Xbox identity app due to that app was created on windows 10 launch

There is no way to install Xbox identity provider app on windows 8 and older systems (these apps uses a different file type from the regular .exe)

Try installing instead windows 7 64 bits and let me know how it goes
Thema:

1. my xbox app for windows 11 will not launch games, install games, or let me uninstall games.... - Similar Threads - app windows launch

2. My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up

in XBoX on Windows
    My XBox app on Windows 10 isn't starting up: It was fine before this, but now when I start up the app it stays on the loading screen before closing after a few minutes. I tried the "Repair" option in Settings but all it did was remove the...
  3. Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Launching Steam games mutes ALL audio from all apps/windows/etc.: This only happens with Steam games. I launches a different game through the Ubisoft launcher and had no audio issues. Whenever I launch ANY of my Steam games, audio from ALL sources completely...
  4. xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required"

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox accessories app for pc wont launch "windows os update required": Xbox accessories app on my pc wont launch. It tells me: "windows os update required to usew this app, first get the latest version of windows" The problem is that I already have the latest version...
  5. Xbox App on PC Not Launching (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox App on PC Not Launching (Windows 10): Hello, I'm having an issue with my Xbox app not launching. When I click the app, a black window pops up with the Xbox Logo in the center. However, that's as far as it gets. It will just sit there...
  6. I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I get 0x80040904 when trying to launch Xbox app on my computer. I'm on Windows 11.: Xbox app from the Mircosoft Store won't open at all. The application opens then immediately crashes. This has been going on for a couple weeks now. I'm on Windows 11 with everything on my PC up...
  7. Windows 11 XBox app not launching, any fixes?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 XBox app not launching, any fixes?: I have been trying to launch my XBox app on Windows 11, and whenever I do it closes in about 30 seconds without doing anything (no store screens or the logo pulsating to show it is loading). I...
  8. Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App on Windows 10 - Starfield Won't Launch after a message about too many devices,: I have a total of 7 devices associated with my Windows account after removing some old ones. I have other games on Gamepass I can play from the Xbox App. All drivers and windows files are up to...
  9. Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app won't launch after installed gaming services on Windows 10: My Xbox app Xbox app won't launch after I've installed gaming services. I've tried to follow some video on YouTube but it still doesn't work. " Step 1) Logout & Login on Microsoft store, make sure...
  10. Cannot launch Xbox app on my PC with Windows 11.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot launch Xbox app on my PC with Windows 11.: I never had an issue with the Xbox app on my PC until one day it randomly stopped working. When I launch the app, it gets stuck at a black screen with the white Xbox logo pulsing. I can't even...