My Xbox account won't migrate to my region!

Discus and support My Xbox account won't migrate to my region! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; At the end of August 2013 my brother, who I share an account with, travelled to America, he switched the region on our account to US from UK which I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by The Rabid Hobo, Jan 1, 2014.

1. My Xbox account won't migrate to my region!

At the end of August 2013 my brother, who I share an account with, travelled to America, he switched the region on our account to US from UK which I was okay with as from what I could tell it didn't really effect me back in the UK too much apart from the
    currency being in $ instead of £, I know that you have to wait 3 months before changing it back which is what I did, in fact I waited till a couple of days ago so I knew it was over the 3 month period. So when I went to change my region back to the UK (I was
    on my xbox 360 at the time) it logged me out of xbox live, which I thought was an indicator that it had worked. Instead when I logged back in I found that I was still on the US dashboard which I don't really understand, also everytime I go back to the account
    migration page it does not work, I wouldn't really be too bothered about staying on the US dashboard except it doesnt let me download any games from the marketplace now, even the free games (I just tried to download Watch Dogs and it said I couldn't because
    the "game region doesn't match the console") Also we are thinking of buying an Xbox One very soon and I want to have this sorted out before I purchase one! Somebody please help I'm stuck here :/

:)

The Rabid Hobo, Jan 1, 2014
  2. eXo228
    eXo228 Guest
    Unable to migrate account to a different region

Hi. I was unable to migrate my account. I permanently moved to Czech Republic. After multiple tries to migrate my account I was not successful.

I'm 25 years old so I'm not a minor in both of the regions.

I'm not aware of changing the region in last 3 months.

I don't have a Xbox 360 Entertainment For All contract.

Region I want to migrate from: Slovakia

Region I want to migrate to: Czech Republic

Error message: Something went wrong... check the migrate account support page.

Please can you fix this?

eXo228, Jan 1, 2014
  3. Fable 3 not available from your location

I'm in Brazil, with an US account. If I migrate to my region, does it means that I won't be able to use Live Rewards, for example??

PEPE Z0MBIE 666, Jan 1, 2014
  4. My Xbox account won't migrate to my region!

Hey The Rabid Hobo,

Go to Xbox.com, (if not logged in already) log in and then go to the home page and click My Account--->Then click Security, family & forms--->Change Account Region. Once you click Change Account region it will make you log in again for security reasons then
    you can change it!

I hope this helped you!

ArmyRanger149, Jan 1, 2014
  5. Hi Army Ranger, unfortunately this didn't work, this has what has been happening every time I try to change my region, it shows this message below in red text

"There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you, and try again later."

This is what I don't understand as it has been over 3 months since my brother migrated the account

The Rabid Hobo, Jan 1, 2014
  6. This could be an issue, try to visit the support page that it provided you. If that doesn't work out please, Contact Xbox Support.

ArmyRanger149, Jan 1, 2014
  7. rainbowrocky
    rainbowrocky Guest
    same problem here, change my region form us to HK, got a email tat tell me successfully switched my XBOX Live account from United States to Hong Kong SAR, when I login again, nothing changed! need the same help!

rainbowrocky, Jan 1, 2014
  8. RainGlass
    RainGlass Guest

I saw this post right after posting about the same issue I am experiencing, please let us know if your situation has been resolved, thanks.

RainGlass, Jan 1, 2014
  9. rainbowrocky
    rainbowrocky Guest
    I called support this morning, some lady told me with her very nice voice that she suggest me to delect my profile on console and redownload it, dont know is it works or not, have not tried it yet.

she also have a time zone theory, but I dont believe that...

rainbowrocky, Jan 1, 2014
  10. I've been having the same problem and I tried on many many accounts to change region, but it doesn't seem to work, simple as that; the website tells me the switch was successful, but when I log in on the console I don't see any difference... seriously, solve
    this problem already, Microsoft.

DuskCosine550, Jan 1, 2014
  11. rainbowrocky
    rainbowrocky Guest
    any microsoft guy give any real help?

rainbowrocky, Jan 2, 2014
  12. RainGlass
    RainGlass Guest
    Just so you know rainbow, I tried redownloading my profile as suggested, but it didn't work. Clearing the system cache doesn't change anything either.

RainGlass, Jan 2, 2014
  13. My Xbox account won't migrate to my region!

Ok, little update, I got my xbox one yesterday and everything is still the same, they seem to have removed advertisement s from the xbox one dashboard so I can't tell that it's the us dashboard from the Hulu and Amazon adverts, it is still annoying though
    as I can't link up xbox music or anything to my account as it thinks I'm from the US. Also from my original post I meant Sleeping Dogs instead of Watch Dogs*** - if anyone manages to sort this issue out please respond back to this post as it will help a lot
    of people out I'm sure!

The Rabid Hobo, Jan 3, 2014
  14. Hello everyone,

I am, just like all of you, experiencing the same issue. I have contacted support several times and finally my issue is being escalated to the Advocacy team in the hope that someone somehow can manually change my region. I've been told that this should be
    done in the next 2-3 weeks so guess that I have to wait.

Will let you know how it goes! However I'd recommend that you also get in touch with support and ask them to escalate your issue.

Jonathan Vella, Oct 31, 2018
  15. ngocphi Win User

Can't redeem Gears of War 1/2/3/Judgement codes given for buying Gears 4

its not possible the codes are universal

However your account region must reflect your actual region so if it's set to uk or us it won't work

You must use the region migration tool under my account ajd change my region on this website not the locale

Also under your xbox console
  16. WPAK Win User

Gamertag / Account Games Bound

Hi there,

1. Games are bound to the Xbox Live Account (Gamertag) so they move with it to the other Microsoft Account.

2. Gamertags (Xbox Live Accounts) can not be merged.

3. You can redownload games via the download history on that account (in case of the account is migrated, you can only download the games available in the region)

Just be aware that migrating an account can have consequences to purchased games, for example games that aren't available in the target migration region, won't be available to be redownloaded. See this link for information (and consequences) for a Migration:

support.xbox.com/.../change-region
  17. ngocphi Win User

I'm not sure whether I will receive the code of previous games.

you mean the console region or your account region found on commerce.microsoft.com

If it's still china it won't work

You have to use the region migration tool under my account and change my region on this website

However it won't help you with gears 1 and 3 as both are region locked regardless where you pretend to be

For those codes to work your account region must match your physical region.
  18. Vsevolod Kalinin Win User

Reactivated after changing account region Gold subscription doesn't work

Yup (

As a WA support suggested migrating the account to the LIVE region and use VPN to make purchases... And since I've just migrated my account I won't be able to migrate it at least 3 months. So I believe I'll just leave it as is...
  19. PEPE Z0MBIE 666 Win User

Fable 3 not available from your location

I'm in Brazil, with an US account. If I migrate to my region, does it means that I won't be able to use Live Rewards, for example??
Thema:

1. My Xbox account won't migrate to my region! - Similar Threads - account won't migrate

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  4. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  5. Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Launcher won't let me play, despite having an account: I'm logged into my account on the launcher, it shows up and everything. When I go to play Java, it says I need to add a username. When I enter the one I already have it says it's in use, despite...
  6. My DLCS won't work when I transfer them to a new xbox and new xbox account

in XBoX on Windows
    My DLCS won't work when I transfer them to a new xbox and new xbox account: I recently got the new Xbox series X and I wanted to transfer my games and DLCS to the new Xbox and to a new account but when I download all of them they say I have them installed but when I go...
  7. My other account is banned but the enforcement page says I have no strikes. Won't let me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My other account is banned but the enforcement page says I have no strikes. Won't let me...: So my account *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** is banned from Xbox live suddenly. I only use it for Minecraft and when I tried to sign in today I found out I got...
  8. My gamer score won't sync between my Xbox account and the mobile app

in XBoX on Windows
    My gamer score won't sync between my Xbox account and the mobile app: I have the Xbox mobile app, and I've been saving up my points for a Xbox gift card, but on the Xbox, it says I have over 1,000, but on the mobile app, it says I only have 175 or something like...
  9. Minecraft won't allow me to get my own username/account back after migration.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't allow me to get my own username/account back after migration.: I know there are many posts are in a similar vein as to this one, but my attempt to just get direct support has only redirected to here, and all the answers have just been 'reach out to support'....
  10. Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Minecraft account migrate properly?: After clicking the link to migrate my account, I was able to sign in to my Mojang account, press "Let's Start Moving", get and plug in code from my email, create my Microsoft account, and then get...