My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...

Discus and support My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over the age of 18. How do I change that?... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by James Clarke2, Mar 18, 2023.

1. My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...

My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over the age of 18. How do I change that?

:)

James Clarke2, Mar 18, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Issues purchasing borderlands 1

Doesn't matter you need to make the purchase and not from what you are thinkimg

For child accounts they cannot download m rated or nr games without parental permissions

The only way is to make the purchase from a 360 to verify that you have permission from the parent

A one console won't work since it is using the Web interface not the actual 360

"The purchase system on the Xbox One for 360 games is exactly the same as the website. Because it's going through the 360 Marketplace, 0" quote from support

Free games are considered ads and one permissions don't carry over to 360 even the other way around
  3. Francia J. Win User

My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over the age of 18. How do I change that?

Hi James, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

You may need to ask your parents to manage your account restrictions by them signing in to https://account.microsoft.com/family under their account.

They can enable or disable this for you.
  4. Starseid Win User

I am trying to buy a game pass for my son but it won't let me buy it

Try disabling the accounts Parental Permissions first, then make the purchase from his account. Afterwards, reenable the Parental Permissions. Another work around (If you have separate consoles) is purchasing Game Pass on your account and setting your Son's console as your Home Xbox. This will allow for Game Pass Access on both consoles.
  5. danielshores Win User

Apex legends is the king of battle royale

Ok, so i am a parent trying to purchase xbox live gold for my child, however, i do not have the funds on my accout, they are on his, but he cannot purchase without my permission, furthermore, it will not send a request to my account to say it is ok. What
    am i supposed to do?
  6. VAMPIREBLADE14 Win User

strange bug- cant purchase unrated games

hi so i am on my xbox one and my account is adult account and there's two games ask for you"ll still parent permissions Neverwinter and when i purchase neverinter zen coin's and this message say you"ll still need your parent permissions and other onigiri
    and it ask samething when i onigiri coins same message can fix this bug please and thank you
Thema:

My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over...

1. My xbox account won't allow me to purchase a game without parent permission when I am over... - Similar Threads - account won't allow

2. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  3. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  4. So I leave my discord account to the Xbox but it disconnect but it won't allow me to...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So I leave my discord account to the Xbox but it disconnect but it won't allow me to...: Hi there I've been on my Xbox for a while now and I never had issues until today so whenever I try to relink my discord account to my Xbox it'll bring me to the page and then afterwards I'll do...
  5. Minecraft won't allow me to get my own username/account back after migration.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft won't allow me to get my own username/account back after migration.: I know there are many posts are in a similar vein as to this one, but my attempt to just get direct support has only redirected to here, and all the answers have just been 'reach out to support'....
  6. My xbox won't allow me to sign into my account and it keeps giving me this error code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My xbox won't allow me to sign into my account and it keeps giving me this error code...: My xbox won't allow me to sign into my account and it keeps giving me this error code 8015190A the xbox support hasn't been very help 0978522b-1524-40c3-8c12-648eae7f3265
  7. Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app and Xbox Console Companion won't allow a different account: My son-in-law signed into his xbox account on my PC and now my xbox app and xbox console companion app won't let me sign him out (nor will my Microsoft Solitaire & Casual Games app). Everytime I...
  8. Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from 1 account to another?: Other than greed which is the obvious answer, why doesn't Microsoft allow a game to be moved from one account to another? For years we had one account because my younger son was too young to have...
  9. Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't allow me to sign in or add account: This problem has been solved with a soft factory reset and possibly restarting my router/modem. Worked for me. Thanks everyone who lended aid :) Sigh...so for the last 2 days i haven't been able...
  10. Account bug, won't update friends list or allow access to my games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account bug, won't update friends list or allow access to my games.: I am a Xbox Insider Hub member and recently I haven't been able to play any of my games and my friends list hasn't been updating. The recent support I had said to uninstall my profile and...