My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. This morning, I was told nothing could be done due...

Discus and support My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. This morning, I was told nothing could be done due... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is there truly no way for me to get back anything at all? Am I expected to start over again and re-spend all of the money I’ve already spent over the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Aplesedjr, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Aplesedjr
    Aplesedjr Guest

My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. This morning, I was told nothing could be done due...

Is there truly no way for me to get back anything at all? Am I expected to start over again and re-spend all of the money I’ve already spent over the years because some security information was changed? I truly have no idea where to go from here. A blow of this size could seriously turn me away from one of my favorite hobbies for the foreseeable future. Can I do anything at all to either get back my old account or get some kind of compensation for the games which I rightfully payed for and, justifiably, don’t want to have to purchase again? I even saw in a couple posts on various forums around the internet that it is possible to completely transfer the data from the old account and give it to the new one. (like here, for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/99zoxx/what_to_do_if_your_xbox_account_has_been_hacked/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share)

Is it possible that this is an option that the people that have personally contacted me haven’t put forth, or is this something that has changed in recent years and can no longer be done?

Any information or assistance anyone can provide would greatly help me, as it is really disheartening to lose access to my account after it was hacked on Christmas of all days and then having to wait for almost two weeks to get any news only to be met with this.

:)

Aplesedjr, Jan 8, 2023
  2. Aplesedjr Win User

My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. A couple days ago, I was told nothing could be done due to security information being changed and that the account was suspended.

The worrisome part is that they haven’t contacted me back at all since originally saying the account was to be suspended, despite me having emailed them back numerous times asking for anything back from them. I understand the policy (even though my case points out a seriously major flaw in it), but would like something from them to compensate for everything they stripped from me.

I remember when this first started I was able to find an online chat and spoke to someone through it, but everywhere I go since then doesn’t seem to have it as an option despite saying that it is. Would you know of a direct way to make contact in this way so I can maybe work on getting something back?
  3. Yoitsfloyd Win User

My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. A couple days ago, I was told nothing could be done due to security information being changed and that the account was suspended.

The only thing you can do is call them at this point
  4. Georges C. Win User

I'm not sure if they will respond to the same email, however you can try contacting support to see if they have a different position than your case.

Because as this forum is open to the public and unfortunately, as independent consultants, we do not have access to some of the data they have, so we are unable to provide you with any information about your case.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Aplesedjr, I'm sorry about what happened to your account, however that description you are referring to was given by Microsoft when you tried to recover your account?

Has your case been escalated to an advanced Microsoft team?
  6. Aplesedjr Win User

The case had been escalated to be investigated by the account recovery team, and one of their members informed me that that while they could prove my account had been hacked, due to security information being changed they would have to suspend the account.

I have tried to contact them multiple times since then via the email they used to message me, but they have not replied yet.
Thema:

1. My Xbox account was hacked on Christmas. This morning, I was told nothing could be done due... - Similar Threads - account was hacked

2. Son hacked, how to get back his account

in XBoX on Windows
    Son hacked, how to get back his account: Hello, my son's account has been hacked, I can see in my family sharing panel that his email has been changed from [mod removd] to [mod removed] Also, I can see in the last email he received that...
  3. my microsoft account was hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    my microsoft account was hacked: my Microsoft account was hacked when i go to log in to the Microsoft store there are now two accounts with the email i used. i can login to one of them but it says i have nothing i had on my...
  4. Hacked account

in XBoX on Windows
    Hacked account: So my brother he’s only 10 and he downloaded a virus in my computer and got my Microsoft account hacked and I had Minecraft on their that was bought for $35 and I need to get it back, If possible...
  5. Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Last year around the time of November my Xbox account got hacked i only had one game on it...: It happened last year in November and i dont got access to the gamertag or current email/password 85649070-37f5-4ceb-a3f7-6b50351ed3d6
  6. Need advice on a possible hack of my account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need advice on a possible hack of my account: I play Star Wars Battlefront with a group of friends. We have a group chat that we used. A few months ago we started having problems accessing it. We could only do so via the app. I discovered we...
  7. My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in

in XBoX on Windows
    My epic account was hacked and they changed the email so I can’t log in: Someone hacked my account changed the email so I can’t do the 2 factor authentication 149106d6-c982-4ec2-85d6-2189fbdc2218
  8. Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft won't return my money after my account was hacked and 11 $25 gcs were purchased!!!!!: SERIOUSLY???!! Someone hacked my account, ordered 11 $25 gift cards paid via my paypal and THEY WON'T REFUND ME FOR THESE???!!! So, I've now been robbed TWICE - one by the hacker and now by...
  9. My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know...: My account was hacked and someone made 3 purchases, I stopped my card, Would like to know how do I request a refund? eba99bf0-a833-4cdc-844b-1228486113ac
  10. Account is still hacked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account is still hacked: Hi, I opened minecraft on 4th March and the email id I bought minecraft with said, your email does not exist, so i found out a rambler.ru hacker hacked my account. I know the username of the...