My XBOX account location won't update to my actual country. Why is that?

Discus and support My XBOX account location won't update to my actual country. Why is that? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I am trying to change my gamertag and the process is working up until the part where I have to add a billing option. My preferred billing option saved... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by monkeybrains113, Nov 20, 2023.

1. My XBOX account location won't update to my actual country. Why is that?

I am trying to change my gamertag and the process is working up until the part where I have to add a billing option. My preferred billing option saved in my Microsoft account does not show up in this menu, and my preferred country is locked to the United States, even though I am in a different country.

Also, sometimes when I try to change my gamertag it shows an error message.

Why is this and how do I fix this?

:)

monkeybrains113, Nov 20, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

From.the sounds of it you aren't in an xbox live country

What country are you I

If you are using a pc and in one of the expanded regions you have to use the app

xbox for pc and xbox live for console are different

The expanded regions only affect the pc side not consoles
  3. monkeybrains113 Win User

I am in Jamaica, which I think is an expanded region. I am also using a PC, but have also tried doing it from my phone.
  4. Mister Getafix Win User

please help

Heya!

What country are you located in?

Does your account info and location match your console info and location and do those both match your actual location?

To be sure follow the steps on the
    region change site.

Keep in mind that countries not listed on the
    supported countries page
    may not allow for the use of Xbox Live.

Post back and let us know what you find!
  5. ngocphi Win User

downloading games

Does your physical location match the location of yiur account?

Like country for your actual country?

If not that would be why

They need to match to avoid issues like region locks fyi this is region locked
  6. frichieny Win User

About Region Blocked Games :(

Sir Daft How can I know if i have a account billing that is the same as my actual location

In my country we dont really have credit cards

so yeah ..... hihi

We bought the xbox at NJ so I dont know why it is not support it
Thema:

1. My XBOX account location won't update to my actual country. Why is that? - Similar Threads - account location won't

2. how do I know which epic account is my Xbox one connected to???

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I know which epic account is my Xbox one connected to???: I’ve always played Fortnite on Xbox, but I wanted to try on PC. So I tried to login on epic games by clicking on the Xbox logo, but every time I tried to use the same email as my Xbox account, it...
  3. I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't link my xbox account with my Epic Games account because i keep getting error code...: This is the error code i receive every time i attempt to link my accounts. There was an error processing the credentials from the external login system. Please contact support....
  4. My migrated minecraft account is nowhere to be found, how do I get it back?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My migrated minecraft account is nowhere to be found, how do I get it back?: I migrated my mojang account successfully to a microsoft account back in Sept 2022, but when I login using my microsoft email the account is gone and is replaced by my xbox account, which doesn't...
  5. My account was hacked into and had the email changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked into and had the email changed: As the title suggest my account was stolen (im not sure how) the email was changed and the email that should have been attached the the account was deleted from the micosoft account. What...
  6. I can't sign into my Xbox live account on my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't sign into my Xbox live account on my Xbox 360: Im not able to sign into my one Xbox live account on my Xbox 360 when I try to. it says: sorry there's a problem with the credentials that your using to sign in. Go to https://account.live.com to...
  7. recovering an account

in XBoX Accessibility
    recovering an account: i had an account that i created when i first got my xbox one. i spent a lot of money on it and want to get it back, but when i try to sign in it says, “there’s a problem with your account. fix it...
  8. Minecraft Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Multiplayer is disabled. Please check your Microsoft account settings.: I can't play Minecraft multiplayer because its disabled. 1. My birthdate is over 18 2. I have changed all of it to allow in XBOX privacy & online safety 3. And i dont think im in a Microsoft...
  9. How do I locate the Microsoft account attached to my PSN ID?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I locate the Microsoft account attached to my PSN ID?: I’ve been trying to log into Minecraft with my Microsoft account but it says I’ve logged in with a previous account. However, I can’t find this account. Please help!...
  10. How to make location on my account similar to my Xbox?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to make location on my account similar to my Xbox?: So basically, my Xbox tells me my location on my Microsoft account is not the same has my Xbox, I even turn Location on to sync it to my account but keeps saying "No data". I need help with this...