My Xbox account is locked in child mode, dispite never being linked to a "parent account"

Discus and support My Xbox account is locked in child mode, dispite never being linked to a "parent account" in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hey! I was going about my day when i realized my microsoft account was locked in child mode without ever being linked to a quote on quote parent... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SamuelLenser, Mar 15, 2020.

1. SamuelLenser
    SamuelLenser Guest

My Xbox account is locked in child mode, dispite never being linked to a "parent account"

Hey!

I was going about my day when i realized my microsoft account was locked in child mode without ever being linked to a quote on quote parent account.

This being the case, i naturally contacted the xbox customer support (it was mainly xbox stuff it was affecting). I went through two diffent agents who did nothing to help

Neither of them did anything, and even though i explained to both of them several times that i was having latency issues, both hung up on me.

My issue was never resolved, and i have no acces to my xbox profile. On my pc i go through the normal routs, and when i click xbox settings it sends me to the beta support.

I am currently very annoyed.

Please tell me there is a way to override the parent/child settings so i can actually use my account.

Thanks,

Sam Lenser

P.s. the category system for this has no account options, so this was the closest i could get it

:)

SamuelLenser, Mar 15, 2020
  2. MoeZArts Win User

Hi SamuelLenser,

Go to the Xbox website
    www.xbox.com
    , login with your email and password then click on your gamerpic on the top right corner then select the ellipses icon (...). You will see Xbox Settings. Once there, you will find the options to change the privacy & online safety, as well as
    access to content.

[​IMG]
  3. SamuelLenser Win User

Naw man... keeps taking me to the beta support page. Anything i try to do from there takes me BACK to the beta support home page.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

What happens if I leave the family

you will get locked out of a lot of features due to the account being a child account, and you can't leave, only the parent can release the child account. there still hass to be a parent attached to the account too.
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor. I am happy to assist you today.

Parent and child accounts on Xbox are designed to help parents manage their children’s gaming activities. A parent account is the primary account that can create and manage child accounts. Child accounts are created for children under the age of 18 and are linked to the parent account. The parent account can set up parental controls, such as screen time limits, content restrictions, and spending limits, for each child account.

You cannot change your account to be a child account. You will have to create a new account for your child.

To create a child account, the parent account must first create a family group. The family group can have up to six members, including the parent account. Once the family group is created, the parent account can add a child account to the group. The child account will be linked to the parent account and will have access to the parent account’s Xbox Live Gold subscription and other benefits.

I hope this helps.
  6. Yezzmina Win User

My son logging in to xbox live

Your son is on a child account. Its not a problem. It needs a parent to approve your son having an account by logging in to the parent account linked to your sons child account. If you don't know the parent account linked to the child account you can try
    contact support directly at 1-800-4MY-XBOX and they may be able to find the parent account for you.
Thema:

1. My Xbox account is locked in child mode, dispite never being linked to a "parent account" - Similar Threads - account locked child

2. Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account locked (compliance lock), can I get help for unlocking it?: Everything started roughly a year ago when I fell victim to a phishing scam that hijacked my account. The password and email were changed, as well as it was used to access softwares such as Xbox...
  3. My Microsoft account got locked

in XBoX on Windows
    My Microsoft account got locked: i have a microsoft account and it just locked me out So first of all i want to say that microsoft security system is terrible So it all started when i tried microsoft 365 family for a mounth ,...
  4. Account locked

in XBoX on Windows
    Account locked: Hi! Got hit with an account lock, but I can access the accounts gmail, the backup emails, phone number, and 2fa, but support says they wont lift it. Any ideas? Talked to 3 microsoft employees and...
  5. I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock but no account to reset.: I have an Xbox 360 from years ago with a parental lock on it I don't know the pass code or the security question and there is no account on it to reset it. Is there anyway I can factory reset...
  6. Old account locked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Old account locked: I recently bought a new Xbox S and I don't know the Email or password I used for my old account. My gamer tag is Earthmachine911. Name John Moore. If you could help me recover my account I would...
  7. What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What can you do when Microsoft wrongfully locks your account, restricting access to...: Hello Community, Dec 19th, my son's account was stolen using software that bypassed Microsoft security protocols. This was immediately reported to Microsoft via multiple avenues (live chat, and...
  8. Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does Microsoft Flight sim keep locking out my microsoft account password?: If I leave the game inactive overnight, I wake up with an email saying 'We think that someone might have accessed the Microsoft account ****." And now my password needs to be reset. Well, I've...
  9. How do i remove the child lock on my xbox account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i remove the child lock on my xbox account?: My account is locked as a child account and i'm 22 now so i don't understand, and i can't talk to the person who set the account to a child account so i'd really like this fixed. i cannot buy...
  10. Xbox account child lock

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox account child lock: I am 18 and I put my card on file I need to change my account from child to adult 2410d789-0344-4e99-9971-27fce1306d1b