My xbox account is linked to my dad's email can I set it to my email?

Discus and support My xbox account is linked to my dad's email can I set it to my email? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I made my xbox account when I was younger under my dad's email and now I want it to be under my email 03dfbc91-3b2a-42e5-ba5d-be1228144a72 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by fynley marshall, Nov 13, 2022.

1. My xbox account is linked to my dad's email can I set it to my email?

I made my xbox account when I was younger under my dad's email and now I want it to be under my email

:)

fynley marshall, Nov 13, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today FYNLEY

Sorry to say but any kind of content transfer between Microsoft accounts can’t be made

The most closest thing to this is add a new alias to the account. But you need to keep sharing the account with your dad and both needs to use the same password and verification methods

If maybe you’re interested in the alias thing, check this article:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-...
  3. pirostheo game Win User

Transferer un compte xbox sur un autre compte microsoft -[Translation - Transfer an xbox account to another microsoft account]

Ok tank you just one last question. If i delete the alias of my main account (dad email). my dad can access to outlook? (sorry for my English)
    No, if your father's email is a Microsoft one (@live, @outlook, @hotmail) then removing it will delete his account and he wipl have no access to his emails or OneDrive.

We can just move the Xbox account to a another email and let my dad email access to outlook?
  4. Jesi O. Win User

Error code 8015000A

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Is the xbox unlocked?
    Are you using a new email or the same email as the old account?
    Hello,

I do not understand what an unlocked Xbox is, I've never set one up before because my dad set my old one up as a child.

I am using a new email than my old account because my old account was my dads email.
  5. ZachRI Win User

Xbox account transfer to another email

So if I was to have my dad move his accounts link to the email that link to the xbox account to another email then which it. It would work. He has about 4 accounts I know of a hotmail, gmail, outlook, and AOL. I not 100% sure what link to the email on the xbox account. But I don't think he used it much more then, my xbox account and minecraft at a point before we switch it to my email. So if we change the account link to the email. then add my email as an alias and make it the primary. And remove the his email. Then have him put them back to the email that we remove. An I just need to go through and update it to be my info. Then it good to go. Right in the long way.
  6. JNu1 Win User

Xbox Profile Dilemma

I believe I’ve found a makeshift solution- apparently I can change the account alias email address to mine and remove the old email belonging to my dad. Would this mean my Xbox profile corresponds to my Microsoft account email?
Thema:

1. My xbox account is linked to my dad's email can I set it to my email? - Similar Threads - account linked dad's

2. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  3. Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost account details linked to PS4 Minecraft Account/Can micrsoft unlink an...: So a few years back in the Village and Pillage update, I created a Microsoft account to link to my PS4 Minecraft account, the problem is that it signed me out automatically a year later; and ever...
  4. Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I link my 15 year old account to discord?: My account is 15 years old but I can't link it to discord. Is there anything I can do to fix it? c55fafd9-5790-4024-bb1f-7fdfa4f47d54
  5. I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...

in XBoX on Windows
    I pre ordered sea of thieves on my ps5 and I have no idea how to link my ps5 account with...: Can any one help with this or am I gonna have to contact support for help I'm completely in the dark over here 6ce66d84-3105-450c-b846-2f0e3073a095
  6. i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    i just made a new twitch account on my phone and successfully linked it to my xbox but when...: i already restarted my game but it still shows the old account a8a1b4d4-3953-4f36-b512-574e658c7f12
  7. How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I Unlink my Microsoft account from my old playstation and link it to my new one?: I need to link my Microsoft account to the playstation account for Minecraft and sea of thieves when it comes out but I'm having trouble doing so. ee52402d-f476-4307-905e-63091ebd38e3
  8. If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox...: If I delete my Google account that is linked to my Microsoft Xbox account will my Xbox account be deleted too? a9563886-ea1a-4a2a-8c8c-2d22b6c5294e
  9. Why cant I link the accounts?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I link the accounts?: I just created a new xbox account and new epic games account about an hour ago. I have a fortnite gift card that I'm trying to redeem but I need to select xbox under the select what you play on...
  10. So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked toy dead dad's email and I...: So I want to get 2fa on my Xbox account but the email is linked to my dead dad's email and I want to change it to mine so I can enable 2fa and other stuff like that....