My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...

Discus and support My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up profiles and such for both drives? Basically, I would like... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShouldhavestoppedatDOS, Oct 2, 2019.

1. My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...

My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up profiles and such for both drives?

Basically, I would like to be able to power down my 360, change the HDD which attaches to the top of the tower, and have my relevant data, profile stuff, and the like on the second drive. Naturally, saving data on one drive won't magically sync to another,
    but I have the spare drive, and I would prefer not having to use an external drive. Eh, just a personal preference really. Is this possible, and if so, how?

You are my only hope.

No, seriously, because the contact us thing is being glitchy, and I can't use it to contact them to tell them the contact us thing is busted so I can't contact them about the hard drive thing I originally contacted them about.

They should get a 1800 number so we can contact them. A toll free number, for my xbox!

:)

ShouldhavestoppedatDOS, Oct 2, 2019
  2. nathanferreira2 Win User

My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up profiles and such for both drives?

Basically, I would like to be able to power down my 360, change the HDD which attaches to the top of the tower, and have my relevant data, profile stuff, and the like on the second drive. Naturally, saving data on one drive won't magically sync to another,
    but I have the spare drive, and I would prefer not having to use an external drive. Eh, just a personal preference really. Is this possible, and if so, how?

You are my only hope.

No, seriously, because the contact us thing is being glitchy, and I can't use it to contact them to tell them the contact us thing is busted so I can't contact them about the hard drive thing I originally contacted them about.

They should get a 1800 number so we can contact them. A toll free number, for my xbox!
  3. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Yes, you can copy. Information on how to do so can be found HERE.
  4. ShouldhavestoppedatD Win User

I have a spare drive which attaches on the top, which I would like to duplicate basic things. Can the 360 copy data, or only transfer it?
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

I think they only came out with memory cards if I can remember correctly? Or was that the arcade model?
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Besides the internal hd is possible to connect external hd, I've used them and flows normally, it just needs to recognize and when saving a game or download it will ask where you want it to be stored.
    Just to add onto this a little, the 360 will support up to 2TB's of storage.

"Larger external USB hard drives – Plug in any external USB hard drive up to 2 TB to store your Xbox 360 downloads, profile, saved games, and other data."

https://majornelson.com/2015/04/30/...w-available-adds-support-for-2tb-hard-drives/
Thema:

My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up...

1. My XBox 360's 250 HDD is full. Want to use a second drive I can swap out. How do I set up... - Similar Threads - 360's 250 HDD

2. I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia?: I'm after a new original xbox one s power cable lead the 10amp one for use in Australia? f53a93af-10df-4bd5-8501-d790bb6f67f9
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  5. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  6. Official 250 GB Hard Drive for 360 S only showing 14 GB

in XBoX Accessibility
    Official 250 GB Hard Drive for 360 S only showing 14 GB: The 250 GB hard drive is a licensed product, but it only shows about 14 GB on the storage screen. I looked online for about an hour and very few people had this issue, and none of them were...
  7. Xbox 360 s 250 gb new out of box loads for 5 minutes and then the screen goes blank

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 s 250 gb new out of box loads for 5 minutes and then the screen goes blank: Just picked it up from a retail store and it loads up for like five minutes before the tv goes blank. Everything is still green, just can't see anything and I'm sure it's frozen.. Then i leave it...
  8. Xbox 360 S 250 GB internal hard drive wont work .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S 250 GB internal hard drive wont work .: So 5 years ago for Christmas I got an Xbox 360 slim. It came with 4 gigs on it. And throughout the years I've relied on flash drives to download my games. It's worked perfectly, until now. This...
  9. Xbox 360 S 250 HDD - Is it genuine or fake?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S 250 HDD - Is it genuine or fake?: Hello, I was just wondering if this Xbox 360 S HDD 250 GB is either real or fake. (How can you tell?) Just making sure, thank you for your information! a8bcb770-9cc4-4c82-89d9-18577595df04
  10. 360 s with 250 hard drive turns its self off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 s with 250 hard drive turns its self off?: 360s was fine until i got gtaV and added the 250 hard drive. now every day in the morning when i turn it on it shuts its self off with one quick beep then 3 green flashing lights then its off . :)...