My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games!

Discus and support My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently bought physical copies of Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man for the OG Xbox so I could finally play a few noteworthy classics on my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SlushierGnu823, Nov 27, 2021.

1. My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games!

So I recently bought physical copies of Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man for the OG Xbox so I could finally play a few noteworthy classics on my Xbox 360. I did what you would usually do to get an Original Xbox game to work on an Xbox 360. I got an official HDD extension (250 GB), made sure that the discs were clean, and made sure that my console was up to date. Yet, neither game seems to work. It displays the message that "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again."

I've used the verified guide here as a starting point. I've reset the console, I've deleted and re-downloaded system updates, I've gone as far as copying the latest update data onto my additional flash drive and putting it in my Xbox 360. Nothing seems to work.

I fact-checked that Original Xbox games do in fact work on the Classic version of the Xbox 360. I double-checked that I have all of the requirements. My guess is that my console refuses to download or use the emulation program that would normally allow Original Xbox games to work on Xbox 360. My question is "How would I get my system to use the emulation program?" I spent my hard-earned money on these games (I'm not at a point where I can just make that money back easily), and I reeeeaaaly want to play them! Please help me any way you can, I'd really appreciate it!

P.S., There's no option to see game information nor the ability to download it to the Hard Drive like most Xbox 360 games. They aren't visible on the Microsoft Store (needs double-checking), and I'm not sure if it's restricted because of age restrictions on a child's account (Their normal settings allow for games rated T, so I doubt that's why)? Besides all of that, have a good day!

:)

SlushierGnu823, Nov 27, 2021
  2. SlushierGnu823 Win User

My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games! (FIXING IN PORGRESS)

Thank you for showing me this video! Although it didn't really help me, any advice is appreciated!
  3. LeoAmes17 Win User

My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games! (FIXING IN PORGRESS)

My hunch is that your HDD isn't as official as you think it is. 3rd parties commonly would gut say the official 20 GB HDD and install a larger aftermarket HDD and sell it claiming that it's official.

The problem is that when they prepare the HDD, the partition that downloaded emulation profiles reside in was almost always left out, breaking original Xbox backwards compatibility. Easy enough to rectify (Or rule out as an issue) if you happen to have the official Xbox transfer cable that came with larger hard drives and a PC.

Almost always when someone at the forums I've visited through the years has complained about the same problem, ultimately they discover the partition was missing.
  4. Default Username 57 Win User

same on mine will not connect to xbox live
  5. SlushierGnu823 Win User

It's ok, I know you were trying your best to help me! Have a great day!
  6. Jesse E' Win User

Unfortunately I have no idea about the emulation video
Thema:

My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games!

1. My Xbox 360 won't let me play supported Original Xbox games! - Similar Threads - 360 won't let

2. Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox 360 let me sign into my Microsoft account: When I try to sign in to my existing account to my xbox 360 it will not let me sign in I have an account on my xbox one that's lets me sign in fine but it won't let me on my xbox 360...
  3. Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim e won't let me do anything: My old xbox 360 slim e gives me an error saying "A problem occurred while signing in. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit www.xbox.com/support." when I boot up the console, when I try...
  4. I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't play any 360 game on my Xbox series x because it won't let me download my profile...: Every time I go onto a 360 game in the past week it won't let me on xbox live and so I looked online and it says to clear local xbox 360 saved storage and stuff and it said it would work. Now I...
  5. just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its...: bought a Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one and it won't let me connect to Xbox live its doing it with all my 360 games e9df6b40-85c6-47d0-80d4-805a8bb1e817
  6. my 360 won't let me make a profile

in XBoX Accessibility
    my 360 won't let me make a profile: hi I have a Xbox 360 I've been wanting to use but when I try to make a new profile on it would send me to the make a profile name and I've been trying to get it to work but it doesn't what should...
  7. Xbox 360 data gone and I can't recover it back because it won't let me sign in. How do I...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 data gone and I can't recover it back because it won't let me sign in. How do I...: Short summary, I downloaded codbo2 on my brothers console and wanted to play it. For some odd reason, I didn't see my profile, so I I tried to sign in but it wouldn't let me. I looked around and...
  8. Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why won't my Xbox 360 slim let me sign into a downloaded account: Hello. So i was watching youtube on my XBOX 360 slim and I got a "signed out of XBOX live" so I tried to sign in and it didn't work so I just turned off the console for a little bit and then I...
  9. My Xbox 360 won't let me sign in

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox 360 won't let me sign in: my Xbox 360 will not allow me to sign into anything. I have made 2 different accounts and neither of them will sign in. when I try, I get a pop up saying "sorry, there's a problem with the...
  10. The Orange box on 360 STILL won't let us buy it in the store, why is that and why havent...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Orange box on 360 STILL won't let us buy it in the store, why is that and why havent...: Some of us have gone all digital and would like it in our library. Why can't we buy it? Take my money. a89aefc3-606d-4fe5-a851-34feb1da4169