My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive

Discus and support My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, my Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive. It started with my hard drive that I have had for 8 years. It is a slim internal 120 gb hard... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Orynn Kehs, Jul 1, 2022.

1. Orynn Kehs
    Orynn Kehs Guest

Hi, my Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive. It started with my hard drive that I have had for 8 years. It is a slim internal 120 gb hard drive. I got the red ring that shows up when there is a problem with the hard drive. This is not the first time this has happened so I fixed it. But then when I went into storage my hard drive wasn’t there. It wouldn’t detect my hard drive. I tried everything the official Xbox website told me to do. I tried to chat with people but it said “no one could fix your problem” or some [mod removed] like that. So I ordered a new hard drive. The hard drive arrived today and my Xbox still wouldn’t detect it. I tried more trouble shooting and the problem still presists. Someone please help me.

:)

Orynn Kehs, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello Orynn.

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Friend, the red light is indicative that some component has been damaged, whether the HD or some internal component.

It takes a technical analysis to identify the error, because it can only be in the HD connector, so it will not identify, and no remote process or software will solve it.

So my best advice is to seek assistance to analyze the components

But there is a solution.

If it's not the processor that damaged, everything else has a solution ok?

All respects
  3. Smwutches Win User

We cannot assist with self-repair.
  4. Vladislaus20 Win User

Internal Hard Drive dont work after the system update

my xbox 360 slim cant detect the hard drive or any information in it
  5. TikDog Win User

Suddenly getting really bad lag on my Xbox One X

Hello, I kept my games and apps when I did the factory reset. However, I only have 3 games downloaded to the internal hard drive. When I started having the issues I saw that my external hard drive was no longer detected by the Xbox.
  6. VENOM MDK Win User

Original xbox games not playing on xbox 360 s 4gb, and not wanting to purchase hard drive

Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 will not detect my internal hard drive - Similar Threads - 360 detect internal

2. Xbox 360 S not detecting HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S not detecting HDD: Hi. I am trying to replace my Xbox 360 S HDD with another drive. The drive works I've tested it in a PC but it doesn't show up on my Xbox. Can you please help b5502ffd-2726-4e21-8bba-5094212d57be
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 receiver is detected as a controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 receiver is detected as a controller: my xbox 360 receiver is detected as an xbox controler,when I try to update it to receiver it does not work,also the receiver is shown after unchecking 'compatible drivers' option...
  6. My Xbox 360 Slim isn't detecting its HDD when it's in its slot

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 Slim isn't detecting its HDD when it's in its slot: So it reads the HDD only when I use an adapter in a USB port, it also reads my USB drives. It works fine without the HDD other than the fact that I can't play Destiny....
  7. Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Third Party Apps not Detecting Xbox 360 Controller: So recently I found my father's old Xbox 360 controller and I had used the cable that connects to the controller to connect it to my PC through USB and it connects and it shows up as a device but...
  8. My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My mic works on Xbox one but when I try to use it on a 360 game it does detect my headset,...: I can hear my games from my headset but it doesn't pick up my mic in games or in party chats. 5bd53e4d-9427-4711-8a33-4f44c4d90298
  9. Official Xbox 360 S 320gb HDD not detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Official Xbox 360 S 320gb HDD not detected: Hi all, I have a official Xbox 360 S 320gb HDD which I took out of my Xbox 360 and formatted for use with my PC as I needed the extra space ages ago, I've recently decided to put the HDD back into...
  10. xbox 360 games don’t detect internet connection on xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 games don’t detect internet connection on xbox live: hello! it’s been weeks since the issue appeared (or even more…) but there’s still no ways to fix it. please tell me where i can get latest updates on the situation or what i can do. i tried doing...