My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on

Discus and support My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I was in the middle of playing NBA2K10 and my Xbox 360 just shut off. Nothing intense was happening i guess, just in a normal game and it just,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JayTee3, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JayTee3
    JayTee3 Guest

So I was in the middle of playing NBA2K10 and my Xbox 360 just shut off. Nothing intense was happening i guess, just in a normal game and it just, stopped. I checked and it wasn't that hot. I unplugged and replugged and still wouldn't
    turn on. The fans were just going full blast then just randomly stopped, controller 1 was still on and the xbox lights around the circle were still on but the screen was black and the fans went off, tried unplugging it as it wouldn't turn off from a push or
    a hold down of the power button, but after plugging back in nothing happened

edit: seen some stuff that says it may be the power brick, but light is on on the power brick

:)

JayTee3, Jun 4, 2019
  2. JayTee3 Win User

It is most likely the power brick. It doesn't necessarily have to be a heat problem if it doesn't feel hot. If you hear it churning and whirring to its heart's content then that's a sign of power failure/fan failure. The fan's should never be going "full
    blast" unless something was installing that was off a disc or a really big install on the 360. Its not unusual but is a little uncommon for he fans to poop-out like that. My 360 use to due the same thing and when I bought a new power brick from like GameStop,
    it stopped sounding atrocious and stopped randomly shutting off.

New power bricks are cheap. Xbox doesn't do servicing on the Xbox 360 anymore. So that may be a telltale sign to upgrade to a One if you haven't yet.
    Can't play NBA 2K10 on the xbox 360. Plus I already have an xbox one which I never use cause I don't really like the Xbox One.

Just wanted to play some old games that aren't backwards compatible but guess not.
  3. Internet Expert Win User

4. JayTee3 Win User

Is this the first time this has happened?

How long have you had this 360?

Do you know someone you can swap power bricks with just to determine if it is or isn't the power brick? It could be that the xbox 360 is at its end of life and needs replacing.
    1) Yes

2) 8.5 years

3) That's what I will try
  5. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

It is most likely the power brick. It doesn't necessarily have to be a heat problem if it doesn't feel hot. If you hear it churning and whirring to its heart's content then that's a sign of power failure/fan failure. The fan's should never be going "full
    blast" unless something was installing that was off a disc or a really big install on the 360. Its not unusual but is a little uncommon for he fans to poop-out like that. My 360 use to due the same thing and when I bought a new power brick from like GameStop,
    it stopped sounding atrocious and stopped randomly shutting off.

New power bricks are cheap. Xbox doesn't do servicing on the Xbox 360 anymore. So that may be a telltale sign to upgrade to a One if you haven't yet.
  6. SylvorOnix Win User

Is this the first time this has happened?

How long have you had this 360?

Do you know someone you can swap power bricks with just to determine if it is or isn't the power brick? It could be that the xbox 360 is at its end of life and needs replacing.
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 shut down mid-game and wont turn back on - Similar Threads - 360 shut down

2. Xbox 360 Store Shut down

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Store Shut down: So, I know that the 360 store will shut down by the end of july, but I like to know can we still not get the xbox games and 360 games on our xbox series x store online or will all the xbox and 360...
  3. Why is the 360 store getting shutting down

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the 360 store getting shutting down: The good old 360 made in 2005 why is the store going away and never coming back again f0300b8d-e1ea-47c6-998a-032a7dede47c
  4. Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!

in XBoX on Windows
    Splatterhouse plus DLC's gone from 360 Store before it get's shut down anyway!: I bought the Splatterhouse DLC years ago on an old Acc. which i can't access anymore, now i wanted to buy them again, but shockingly had to realize the complete Game was taken off the store!...
  5. When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    When the 360 store shuts down in July will get on disc still be able to be updated and...: Just wondering as I have quite a few games that I have not played yet. Will they install from dosc and will they get updated after next month or so I need to install them beforehand? Thanks....
  6. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  7. Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will all 360 games become backwards compatible once the 360 store shuts down?: I know the 360 store is shutting down in July of next year and I was wondering if all games will become available on Xbox one once the 360 store shuts down? A lot of my favorite games such as...
  8. Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Once the Microsoft store for the Xbox 360 shuts down will all purchased games still be...: I want to purchase armored core for answer on the Xbox 360 I don’t have enough room on my Xbox 360 at the moment to download it my question is when the store shuts down if it is not downloaded...
  9. did you guys at Microsoft shut down Minecraft for the Xbox 360 because my disc wont even...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    did you guys at Microsoft shut down Minecraft for the Xbox 360 because my disc wont even...: so I tried to play on my Xbox 360 today and I booted it up and it worked fine but when I tried to play Minecraft on it it would not read the disc and my disc is not scratched or anything its just...
  10. How do you feel about the xbox 360 store shutting down next year?

in XboX Insiders
    How do you feel about the xbox 360 store shutting down next year?: I personally find it unacceptable. Microsoft is a almost 3 trillion dollar company with unlimited resources. They've said multiple times that games preservation is important to them but dozens of...