My XBOX 360 died. Can I transfer the data from my HD using the transfer cable to my new...

Discus and support My XBOX 360 died. Can I transfer the data from my HD using the transfer cable to my new... in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; My XBOX 360 died, before I had the chance to send my data to the cloud. I don't have access to another XBOX 360 to perform the operation. Although, I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by JamisonHill, May 26, 2020.

1. JamisonHill
    JamisonHill Guest

My XBOX 360 died. Can I transfer the data from my HD using the transfer cable to my new...

My XBOX 360 died, before I had the chance to send my data to the cloud. I don't have access to another XBOX 360 to perform the operation. Although, I was able to salvage the hard drive. Can I transfer the data using the transfer cable? It fits my old
    HD and it fits my new XBOX1 USB port. What would be the procedure? I am willing to use 3rd party software to help me in the endeavor. If someone knows of a GitHub project, please point me in that direction. Thanks.

~ Jamison

:)

JamisonHill, May 26, 2020
  2. yanos101 Win User

USB drive compatibility

use a data transfer cable for xbox HDD's. i had the same problem, my old HD was for the old xbox but when i bought my new xbox i had to use a transfer cable simply because the HDD's were different to one another.
  3. WittyColt563933 Win User

250GB HDD to 320GB HDD

The black transfer cable is the new cable as it has the serial ata connector for a slim hd and a connector for the older 20 - 250 gb xbox 360 hd. I have a mw2 super elite with 200+ gb of data I do not want to transfer in small portions to my new slim 320gb.
    I think it's a shame that the Xbox transfer software built in slim doesn't support all official Xbox 360 hard drives.
  4. Smwutches Win User

My XBOX 360 died. Can I transfer the data from my HD using the transfer cable to my new XBOX one?

Unfortunately no. The cloud is the only way to transfer 360 game saves. Any games you own digitally that are backwards compatible would be redownloaded through your Game and Apps on the One.

Use of third party software would violate the terms of service putting you at risk for being banned and is not something we can advise here.
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

New HDD on old 360?

no the transfer cable is designed for transferring data from one HD to another NOT to be used to connect drives to 360s for additional storage.
  6. Craig TG Win User

Better Way for Downloading content

Have you tried using an Xbox HDD transfer cable? It transfers all content from one HDD to the next HDD. I used one to transfer all my data from my Elite 360 to my MW3 360. It worked beautifully.
Thema:

1. My XBOX 360 died. Can I transfer the data from my HD using the transfer cable to my new... - Similar Threads - 360 died transfer

2. Cannot sign in and cannot sync 360 save games on series x for weeks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot sign in and cannot sync 360 save games on series x for weeks: I have confirmed my network is fine, i cleared the 360 cache and now it wont even pull down save games from MS cloud. It wont allow me to sign in to 360 live services. This all started when my 2...
  3. from where can i download xbox 360 games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    from where can i download xbox 360 games?: i want to download and put in my hard drive. how to do that? dd77f015-f90f-4055-b629-5323f3a6eb82
  4. Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 unable to connect to live on Xbox Series X: All of the sudden I am unable to connect to Xbox live on reverse compatability games for the Xbox 360 on the Xbox Series X despite being online on the Xbox Series X, hard-wired, with an open NAT...
  5. Xbox 360 game Internet not working on Xbox One s.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox 360 game Internet not working on Xbox One s.: So, I'm trying to play an Xbox 360 game on my Xbox one like I've done so many times before, but it won't let me connect to the Internet, I tried following a closed thread on how to fix it by...
  6. can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook

in XBoX on Consoles
    can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook: can you connect a Xbox 360 controller to a chromebook the wireless one but I am wondering if the wireless receiver would work on a chromebook 8d441067-6167-482d-baf5-8c0570ed48b9
  7. I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need a new controller, xbox 360 elite...: I have a xbox 360 elite console, and it has sat for a bit, but am breaking it back out, it powers on and everything but the controller no longer works. Are there "new" controllers that can be...
  8. None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    None of my Xbox 360's will connect to Xbox Live: I have 2 Xbox 360's and I've been trying for the last week to get either of them to connect online so that I can download DLC and updates for my library before the store goes down in July. My...
  9. Update my xbox 360 and die

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update my xbox 360 and die: I update today my xbox 360 when it's starting to install the update ,it put the black screen and put on the static red light.. 75e08f42-0f0e-4b4a-8532-8e317a1b7748
  10. a 360 arcade game called, All Zombies Must Die! like to play it on Xbox1.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    a 360 arcade game called, All Zombies Must Die! like to play it on Xbox1.: All Zombies Must Die! i have that game on my Xbox 360. i have the Xbox1 and I would like to play that game on it. next summer 2018 i'm going to get that Xbox1x i would love to play that game on...