My xbox 360 controller wont connect to the console

Discus and support My xbox 360 controller wont connect to the console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can not connect the controller of xbox 360 with console 4ff3f2c9-1d9e-419a-a39d-bb466a0f72ff Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dayyan sarwar, Dec 20, 2022.

1. My xbox 360 controller wont connect to the console

I can not connect the controller of xbox 360 with console

:)

dayyan sarwar, Dec 20, 2022
  2. Jason Guer Win User

Hello dayyan sarwar

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue using your Xbox 360 controller can't connect to the console. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Is this working before?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • What are the steps you have perform so far to fix the issue?
    I went to Xbox website and gather all the possible methods that could fix the issue. You may follow the steps below.

Method A. Restart the Console

• Turn your console off, wait a minute, and then turn it on again.
    Method B. Replace the batteries or recharge the battery pack

Method C. Rearrange your play space or move the console to a different place

• If this problem happens when using multiple controllers, try rearranging your play area, or move the console to a different location or room.

The controller works within 33 feet (10 meters) of your console. However, objects placed between the controller and the console might reduce this range. In addition, objects that use wireless technology (for example, a cordless phone) can interfere with your wireless controller. Remove or relocate objects or wireless devices that might interfere with the wireless controller or console. These may include:
      • Microwave ovens
      • Cordless phones
      • Wireless routers
      • Chrome faceplates
      • Metal dividers
      • Shelves
      • Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
    This resource might be useful for you: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can’t connect | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jason Guer Win User

Hello dayyan sarwar

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. ShadowKing0 Win User
  5. IceStorm III Win User

Xbox controller on PC woes~!

[quote user="ManipularSauce4"]I recently purchased (last night) an xbox controller, and it wont connect to my PC, even though I have the adapter.[/quote]The Play and Charge cable? That carries no data. To use a 360 controller with a PC you either need the
    Wireless Gaming Receiver or a wired 360 controller.
  6. RainingRoses Win User

Difficult connection of the pad at the console.

Thema:

1. My xbox 360 controller wont connect to the console - Similar Threads - 360 controller wont

2. how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller: how do i play pc games with xbox 360 controller eff96eac-d791-4d15-bf0a-44991cf03387
  3. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  4. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  5. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  6. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  7. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  8. my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.

in XBoX on Windows
    my wired xbox 360 controller wont work.: hello i have a issue with my xbox 360 controller wired one everytime when i plug it in it blinks once but never works and when i plug it back in again it does the same thing but never works if you...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...
  10. 360 media remote wont control xbox but will tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 media remote wont control xbox but will tv: Suddenly my media remote ust wont work on my xbox, batteries are new because it still tirns my tv on and off......i reset to default and now wont control anything. has anyone ever had this...