My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working

Discus and support My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working as i was using it to configure the settings for Dark Souls, i've tried everything i could, i've updated the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UmbarTU, Apr 26, 2023.

1. UmbarTU
    UmbarTU Guest

My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working as i was using it to configure the settings for Dark Souls, i've tried everything i could, i've updated the drivers, i've checked for hardware changes. tried all my USB ports, ran the troubleshooter for Hardware and Devices, rebooted my PC a thousand times, updated windows to the last version (Windows 10) opened the controller and cleaned it, unintalled Dark Souls and simply anything i could find on the internet and it still doesn't even turn on, i still get the "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" message on the Device Manager. i really hope you can help me with this because i really wanted to play and playing with mouse and keyboard would be hell for me, thanks in advance.

:)

UmbarTU, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello UmbarTU, try connecting your controller to another PC to see if it works, if it doesn't work the problem is with the controller.
  3. xZORIKOS Win User

Xbox 360 wireless controller has stopped working.

Try taking your controllers to a friends house, (one who has an XBOX obviously), and see if your controllers work that way. If they work at your friends, then yes it is something to do with your console. However, due to the fact that the console does not
    affect controllers having the ability to just turn on, it is most likely just your controllers.
  4. SomeBloke27 Win User

I don't have a charge cable
  5. SomeBloke27 Win User

UPDATE:

I tried using my Xbox with my other controller and it had the same issues. So either both controllers spontaneously stopped working at the same time (highly unlikely) or the problem lies with the Xbox itself.
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey mate, it's hard to say what could be the issue as electronics products can give up without any notice, I can only suggest if you have the charge cable to try and plug that in to see if it works with a direct power source, also try the troubleshooting
    steps here:
    support.xbox.com/.../wireless-controller-disconnects-frequently-or-cannot-connect

Other then that, it might be a new controller, unfortunately.
Thema:

1. My Xbox 360 controller has stopped working - Similar Threads - 360 controller has

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows...
  4. What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What are the keys for USB keyboards to Xbox 360 controls. (I'm using a USB keyboard on my...: So, I have an Xbox 360 and since I don't have a controller, I'm using an external USB keyboard. I'm not trying to use it for games, I'm trying to use it to enter my passcode and stuff. So do any...
  5. Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which controllers can I use on my Xbox 360?: I would like to know if it's possible to use newer Xbox controllers on an Xbox 360 (cabled or not), and I'm talking about: Xbox One Wireless controller Xbox One (Bluetooth) controller (rev 1,2)...
  6. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  7. i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls how to disable them and why my...: i recently bought an xbox 360 used, it has parental controls, i have no clue of what they are. what could i do? the hdd also says it has 120gb on the top, but when going to the space, it only...
  8. I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play...: I bought a used xbox 360, but they has with parental control activated and cannot play games, I don't have the password. How can I disable? f20da73d-7e10-47ff-95be-ee547834cec2
  9. Second hand Xbox 360 has parent control on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Second hand Xbox 360 has parent control on: please help, We have bought a second hand cbox360 and the lady who sold it can’t remember any information to help me unlock the parent control pin It’s asking a security question of what’s...
  10. My xbox 360 has password in parental control

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 has password in parental control: Good morning I wanted to know if they could help me because my console has a password in parental control and they no longer remember what it is, I wanted to know what I could do in this case...