My XB1 controller wont connect to my console

Discus and support My XB1 controller wont connect to my console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last night i was playing rocket leage like every other night but just now when i tried to turn on my controller the light would blink and then turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LoganGower, Nov 6, 2020.

1. LoganGower
    LoganGower Guest

Last night i was playing rocket leage like every other night but just now when i tried to turn on my controller the light would blink and then turn off. I thought the batteries where just dead so i got some new ones and it still didint work, so i tried
    my moms controller and the same thing happened. I googled the problem and i read an article that said to try to connect a usb cord to the controller and try again. I did that and the controller turned off again, does anybody know how to fix this?

:)

LoganGower, Nov 6, 2020
  2. LoganGower Win User

Wait i just fixed it, if any of you are having the same problem just hold your power button until it turns off and turn it back on or unplug your console for a minute and plug it back in. That should make it work
  3. BarqCider Win User

Why hasn't MS released the white controller yet?

I told my friend I wont bring my xb1 over until I get a 2nd controller...lol
  4. Jason Guer Win User

My xbox 360 controller wont connect to the console

Hello dayyan sarwar

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have an issue using your Xbox 360 controller can't connect to the console. Let’s work together in finding the best resolution to this issue.

For me to better understand the issue, I’d like to ask a few questions:

• Is this working before?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • What are the steps you have perform so far to fix the issue?
    I went to Xbox website and gather all the possible methods that could fix the issue. You may follow the steps below.

Method A. Restart the Console

• Turn your console off, wait a minute, and then turn it on again.
    Method B. Replace the batteries or recharge the battery pack

Method C. Rearrange your play space or move the console to a different place

• If this problem happens when using multiple controllers, try rearranging your play area, or move the console to a different location or room.

The controller works within 33 feet (10 meters) of your console. However, objects placed between the controller and the console might reduce this range. In addition, objects that use wireless technology (for example, a cordless phone) can interfere with your wireless controller. Remove or relocate objects or wireless devices that might interfere with the wireless controller or console. These may include:
      • Microwave ovens
      • Cordless phones
      • Wireless routers
      • Chrome faceplates
      • Metal dividers
      • Shelves
      • Doors on an entertainment center cabinet
    This resource might be useful for you: Xbox 360 Wireless Controller disconnects or can’t connect | Xbox Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. Jason Guer Win User

My xbox 360 controller wont connect to the console

Hello dayyan sarwar

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume that your issue has already been resolved. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Regards

Microsoft Community Moderator
  6. RedEye Expr3ss Win User

The Xbox One controllers are poorly built

^ Well yeah but it's super nice for someone that doesn't like the DS4. I have XB1 controllers on my xb1/360, ps3/4 with the help of the cronusmax. I think the XB1 controller design is easily the best design since consoles existed. The Elite shares my Xb1
    and Ps4, the Halo shares the 360/Ps3. I've only had problems on the Day Once controller, it was poorly built and insides were quite visible, I fixed it myself and now this one is never used.
Thema:

1. My XB1 controller wont connect to my console - Similar Threads - XB1 controller wont

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable: I've been struggling to get my XB1 to control my Fios STB for a while now. I saw other posts regarding this, and they were unsolved. They also suggested creating new posts for each person in...
  9. XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control: I went on a trip for 5 days recently and when I came home, my Xbox One was off as if it had automatically updated itself. After turning it back on and using it for a while, I notice 3 new/strange...
  10. XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control: When I eventually get a "playable" mix of game/chat it is pure luck. Can someone please explain to me how the adapter works? I understand the controller/person (game/chat) buttons on the left...