My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries

Discus and support My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries. How do I figure out if the problem is with the controller or the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AnitaSimpson, Dec 30, 2019.

1. AnitaSimpson
    AnitaSimpson Guest

My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries. How do I figure out if the problem is with the controller or the console?

:)

AnitaSimpson, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Bandido1508 Win User

Does it turn on if you connect the controller to the console with a USB cable. Try another controller with this console and try another console with this controller. You should be able to identify which component is not functioning correctly. Check
    the battery connectors inside the battery compartment, if they are not making good contact, this may not keep the controller charged
  3. {Parity} Win User

If it is under warranty ger it replaced else purchase another one.
  4. SHIZNAP Win User

Xbox One Party Chat

I have this same issue. It usually starts while I am playing Cod Ghosts extinction mode. Everything is working fine until the batteries in my controller die. After I plug the controller back into the xb1, I can hear the sound from the game through my stereo
    headset after a couple seconds. However, I can't hear the other people or they can't hear me. I have tried muting and unmuting them through the game options, but that doesn't fix it.

Simply turning off the controller and turning it back on does not fix it.

Simply turning off the XB1 does not fix it.

Turning off the XB1 by holding my finger on the power button for several seconds (hard reset?) and then turning it back on does seem to fix it.
  5. xTightKiddx Win User

My Xbox Controller Won't Stay On

Yes, the light on the xbox one controller turns off completely. I have to keep pressing the button to turn it back on then it turns off shortly after again.

Also to add, My main xbox controller says full when I checked the batteries on it, when I removed the same batteries and put them into the new controller it says Medium.
  6. VoidLance Win User

Dead wired pdp xbox controller

After much experiment it turns out my Xbox isn't responding to any of my controllers and I tested them on a different Xbox and it still work. My wireless controller can turn the Xbox on but the controller immediately turns itself off in seconds dispite being full charged or even with new battery.

Edit- I managed to fix the problem, had to turn off xbox and unplug power cable for a good bit. Thank for your support.
Thema:

1. My XB1 controller keeps turning off after a few seconds even with new batteries - Similar Threads - XB1 controller keeps

2. Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable?: Can you use a XB1/XBS controller on a Xb360 with a cable? (( I know they cant connect wireless because they are a different system )) 490f2abe-141e-4691-a288-7eee0056e9f2
  3. PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...

in XboX Insiders
    PLEASE HELP Katana Zero XB1 Freezing issue. Im a Katana Zero speedrunner and mod for the...: Example of freeze The freeze only occurs on Xbox (not on pc or switch) and is caused by how Xbox handles saving. Its possible it occurs due to cloud saving and evidence of this is the freeze does...
  4. Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline game transfer from xb1 s to xb series s?: Hello, I have a x1s that has most of my games and saves, and a new xb series s that Ive designated as my home console, with a few of the games already downloaded l. The problem(s): I no longer...
  5. Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xb1 remote play public wi-fi issues: Xbox 1 S and Windows 10 Dell G3 laptop... the console stays at home on my home network ethernet. Remote play works if I use my 4g cellular data to make my phone a hotspot for my laptop. But on...
  6. XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore

in XboX Insiders
    XB1 controller LS button won’t press anymore: After spamming the sprint button in every game I play, my left stick has stopped pressing down consistently. It makes it really hard to consistently sprint when I want to. Any recommendations on...
  7. Controller for xb1 won't turn on

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Controller for xb1 won't turn on: I tried with brand new batteries and still doesn't turn on, just flashes twice and turns off. I tried plugging it in with a usb and still not working 269f6eaf-ed97-48d4-962d-b1f2ac0f84b1
  8. Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Verizon Fios QIP7100 2 - Can't control via XB1 with IR Blaster Cable: I've been struggling to get my XB1 to control my Fios STB for a while now. I saw other posts regarding this, and they were unsolved. They also suggested creating new posts for each person in...
  9. XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1 Changing Channels Without My Control: I went on a trip for 5 days recently and when I came home, my Xbox One was off as if it had automatically updated itself. After turning it back on and using it for a while, I notice 3 new/strange...
  10. XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control

in XBoX on Consoles
    XB1 Stereo Adapter Volume Control: When I eventually get a "playable" mix of game/chat it is pure luck. Can someone please explain to me how the adapter works? I understand the controller/person (game/chat) buttons on the left...